Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deestar
its all on their cell phones including garbage, washing dishes, career management, daily news and a whole bunch of other "features"

Ridiculous.I get they are trying to fit it with this generation but seriously?

Not everyone has a smartphone,selfies will be out of fashion in like 1 year and tablets are plain stupid.

What if we are all sims and are being controlled by a crazy kid?
PROOF:In our Sims game we can play the Sims on our computer,you know now why you go somewhere and just forget what you were doing.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:35 PM
Already pre-ordered but skeptical just as i was when sims 3 came out.....will post a day 1 review ,,,in any case there was actually waaaay more complaint about sims 3 when it launched ..funny to compare the griping and moaning,,heck MATY still calls sims 3 chars 'puddings'.
Test Subject
#78 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by allforlove58
http://thesims4blogger.tumblr.com/p...th-simgurugrant
How could they make a game that seemed like it was going to be amazing and then take a crap on it?

Because it's EA. Believe it or not, this really is just par for the course with them. This kind of stuff is exactly why people were not happy to hear about EA being the publisher of the new Star Wars Battlefront game. Granted, they aren't actually making that one but, as the publisher, they still have a lot of power over it's development. And I can't picture EA being the type that doesn't like to meddle.

Honestly, I'm expecting the things cut to be brought back as EP's just for the sake of squeezing more (a lot more) money out of people. And lets not forget all the recycled EP's that have already been EP's for 2-3 games now that will most likely be brought back for another round of cash grabbing.

ZE~☆!
Top Secret Researcher
#79 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ToxicSweetz
selfies will be out of fashion in like 1 year and tablets are plain stupid.

HAH! Selfie has been around since 1839 (just checked Wikipedia) and evolves as the time goes by. It won't be out of fashion when vain people still exist. Myself included.

It will evolve. Who knows, 3D printed selfie might be available in a few years time!

Also Tablets are not stupid. They are my staple travel tools as I'm using Samsung Galaxy Note 8 which is a perfect replacement for a journal or diary. I can draw on them, surf/browse internet, take notes during meetings easily with the stylus, edit photos, read e-books, socialize, do work (I work as a social media manager) and tonnes more while on the move. And yes, even selfie. Plus, they have sim card slots so if my phone died it can be used as a backup.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 12:57 PM
@HystericalParoxysm Apparently, I red on SimsVIP Twitter Gurus thing that there won't be Family Tree in the game! ^^ Hope I added @HystericalParoxysm in the right place. :p
Field Researcher
#81 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ToxicSweetz
Ridiculous.I get they are trying to fit it with this generation but seriously?

Not everyone has a smartphone,selfies will be out of fashion in like 1 year and tablets are plain stupid.

Says someone with that avatar that's sooooooo 2006.
Test Subject
#82 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 11:30 PM
@HystericalParoxysm

So, no rockabye baby played at pregnancy, but now has a $15 pregnancy test the morning after
Source: http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/...-2-babies-ever/

No portrait painting, no still life painting, but addition of environmental mood auras
Source: http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/...ons-mood-auras/

Oh, and here's another missing feature list, in case you want to steal it.

http://ts4news.com/post/94541924952...from-the-sims-4
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thasimniz
@HystericalParoxysm

So, no rockabye baby played at pregnancy, but now has a $15 pregnancy test the morning after
Source: http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/...-2-babies-ever/

Paying 15 simoleons just to see if she's pregnant or not. Great.
Guess hearing the jingle after a woohoo was just too much work.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 12:40 PM
Scholar
#85 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 3:06 PM
@HystericalParoxysm

I just watched this lets play video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmf...ture=youtu.be&a and it looks like there's no option to preview the lot before you buy it anymore. I'm not entirely sure if that was in the TS3 base game or added later though, or if the lets play vid is the same version that will be shipped.
Test Subject
#86 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 4:47 PM
I seen the list, and actually I'm not really disappointed by somethings, for example : No pools. IF you paid attention when you play the demo, you notice that you don't have outfit for swimwear. I don't use the pools anyway. I have the sims 2 and sims 3, and never really like using the pool just because it was waste of space to me. I understand that most people would perfer a pool, but it doesn't affect me. I'm still getting the sims 4. I love the fact that you can wear anything as a pregnancy outfit, and i love the fact that you can take a pregnancy test instead of hearing music to comfirm if your're pregnant. The only thing that disappoint me was not having toddlers, but i find that wierd because once again if you play the demo, they have a toddler shown when creating a toddler, so i find that kind of wierd but i guess. Everyone might not agree with me, and that's fine. But I am most definitly looking forward the sims 4!
Scholar
#87 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 5:40 PM
I will miss being able to swim in the rivers/sea etc more than in pools, (I'm guessing that's gone as well as the pools? or swimwear would probably be there.)
I do like the pregnancy test idea if you're talking about actual gameplay, it's more realistic, but when testing pregnancy related mods in TSM (in actual game play without using debug), I think that the music that instantly clarifies success (or failure depending on the mod) is a bonus.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 2:36 PM
So, if there's a pregnancy test option, does this mean that pregnancy could be a total surprise if you don't bother to have your Sim take a test? That could be fun.

I like the whole part about swimming in lakes and oceans, too. Pools I mostly liked for their looks, they communicate the idea of leisure and tranquility. People keep suggesting they will add pools later. I would love it if they added the ability to swim in a natural body of water.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#89 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
So, if there's a pregnancy test option, does this mean that pregnancy could be a total surprise if you don't bother to have your Sim take a test? That could be fun.

That's partly what I'm hoping for with it. If it pops up in one of the side notes I'm also hoping there'll be a way to suppress the message. (either in game or modded, probably the latter).

On a side note...
I made an autonomous woohoo mod for TSM and have had 3 surprise pregnancies round the kingdom on sims I'm not controlling, the last one I had to check the child's genealogy to find out who the father was since the bard was an unlucky in love type of girl and had 4 different relationships at the time. (I didn't break any of them off completely). It's a lot of fun when it happens because it's so unexpected.
Thinking about this and TS4. I know uncontrolled TS4 sims don't have pregnancies but neither do TSM sims, so perhaps it could be possible to make the uncontrolled sims have children.
Do TS4 sims become completely inactive 'behind closed doors'? Are they called to the park through some form of scheduler? or is that autonomous?
The problem with a similar method (I can see at the moment without having access to the game and assuming/pretending it's at all similar) would be that sims already have to be in a romantic relationship for the woohoo option to be available to them, which isn't a problem in TSM since the game is designed to make you play with all the 'heroes'. It would probably require setting up the neighborhood in TS4.
I'm sure someone will solve this aspect of story progression though, for those that would prefer the neighborhood to grow with their sims rather than them being replaced by new random sims.
Perhaps something like a neighborhood controller with a force pregnancy type option would be more suitable.
Test Subject
#90 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zanesaaomgfan
Paying 15 simoleons just to see if she's pregnant or not. Great.
Guess hearing the jingle after a woohoo was just too much work.

You know what I really expected, though? After buying said pregnancy test, and using it, a little pop up would show up, like all standard iTunes Store schlock "games" that would say:

"8h59m until Pregnancy Test is complete! Speed up test using SimPoints?"

"Looks like you're out of SimPoints! Visit the EA Store to buy more?"

$1.99 for 10 SimPoints • $5.99 for 20 SimPoints • $99.99 for 55 SimPoints BEST VALUE!!!!!!

4,000 5-star reviews. "Zomg11!1 dis game is grate!! I can buy ALL THESE RECOLORS!!!!"

Scholar
#91 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thasimniz
You know what I really expected, though? After buying said pregnancy test, and using it, a little pop up would show up, like all standard iTunes Store schlock "games" that would say:

"8h59m until Pregnancy Test is complete! Speed up test using SimPoints?"

"Looks like you're out of SimPoints! Visit the EA Store to buy more?"

$1.99 for 10 SimPoints • $5.99 for 20 SimPoints • $99.99 for 55 SimPoints BEST VALUE!!!!!!

4,000 5-star reviews. "Zomg11!1 dis game is grate!! I can buy ALL THESE RECOLORS!!!!"

The game isn't released until it actually hits the stores, don't give EA any ideas to delay the game and do this NOOO!!!!
Scholar
#92 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 1:58 AM Last edited by Sisaly : 19th Aug 2014 at 6:22 AM.
So I've been lurking around and all the whining is obnoxious! Just stop. There now I feel better.
As basements weren't in the base game for any of them it should not be on the list.
Screw toddlers and pools. We will get them. My main gripe is CAST. I loved CAST, even held the first TS3 contest for that specific tool. But it did waste a lot of time. I want that TS2 feeling again. Man was that awesome after TS1. Being able to zoom in, move the camera all around. Have real families with life stages, all new CAS, hair animations, hilarious animations and behaviors and Bodyshop. I loved that they would fart and then wave it around. Ahhh, good times.
Anywho, I'm stoked. I can't wait! Some of things we gain are pretty cool like moving an entire building, streamlined UI, search in buy/build mode, moving whole rooms, different wall heights, moving windows up or down, sims that are much deeper and complex. Let's try to be positive at least until the game comes out.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Test Subject
#93 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
So I've been lurking around and all the whining is obnoxious! Just stop. There now I feel better.
As basements weren't in the base game for any of them it should not be on the list.
Screw toddlers and pools. We will get them. My main gripe is CAST. I loved CAST, even held the first TS3 contest for that specific tool. But it did waste a lot of time. I want that TS2 feeling again. Man was that awesome after TS1. Being able to zoom in, move the camera all around. Have real families with life stages, all new CAS, hair animations, hilarious animations and behaviors and Bodyshop. I loved that they would fart and then wave it around. Ahhh, good times.
Anywho, I'm stoked. I can't wait! Some of things we gain are pretty cool like moving an entire building, streamlined UI, search in buy/build mode, moving whole rooms, different wall heights, moving windows up or down, sims that are much deeper and complex. Let's try to be positive at least until the game comes out.

Your whining is obnoxious too. Just stop.
Mad Poster
#94 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsgamerfan101
Your whining is obnoxious too. Just stop.
Seriously? Whining? Where?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
#95 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 10:37 AM

Please remember, this is an info thread for people, who don't have the time to go through the whole chat thread. You should share your opinion there. (Sorry HP, if this crosses my boundaries)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 10:45 AM
Let's try to be positive at least until the game comes out.

How about this: You be positive if you want to be positive. The rest of us will be positive or negative as we like, because telling people that their legitimate concerns about the game are "whining" and we should "just stop" is pretty condescending. Your opinion and feels on the game are not any more valid than anyone else's.

And now, let's keep this thread to an information thread like it was intended as there are several other threads for opinions and feels - including ones that are intended to be purely positive.

Thanks.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#97 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 11:03 AM Last edited by stefan963 : 20th Aug 2014 at 5:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
How about this: You be positive if you want to be positive. The rest of us will be positive or negative as we like, because telling people that their legitimate concerns about the game are "whining" and we should "just stop" is pretty condescending. Your opinion and feels on the game are not any more valid than anyone else's.

And now, let's keep this thread to an information thread like it was intended as there are several other threads for opinions and feels - including ones that are intended to be purely positive.

Thanks.

You right about the fact that everyone has right to opinion, But calling thing this information thread is just fanny there is one news then two page emotions, most of the time i just cant find news
Best regards

UPDATE: This was posted in TS4 Chat Thread (Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in TS4 v2)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stefan963
You right about the fact that everyone has right to opinion, But calling thing this information thread is just fanny there is one news then two page emotions, most of the time i just cant find news
Best regards

The first post is information. I requested people post information, and to do it in such a way that it will send me a PM so I can update the first post with further information, which I have done repeatedly since creating this thread, so that the info can be kept up to date, sourced, accurate, and tracked. That is the purpose of this thread, and I'm not going to debate it any further. Yep, some people have ignored that and gotten off-topic. However, we're not going to be off topic here anymore, so no need to reply unless you have info about something new or added in TS4.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#99 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
to do it in such a way that it will send me a PM so I can update the first post with further information

Hiya, just noticed you haven't added the gameplay options I posted a while ago -- did I do it in a way that failed to PM you? I think those options are pretty important -- at least the option to get rid of the bloom/blur (everyone seems to hate it!), and also the adjustable UI resolution: if I'm interpreting it correctly, the latter would solve a major accessibility issue for people with nonstandard eyesight.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 1:26 PM
plasticbox - I did! "New options for uncompressed sim textures, graphics post-processing, laptop mode, aging, and populating homes etc. (source)" It's at the very bottom section of Other - New in TS4

Page 4 of 7