Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 4:34 AM
Installation Problem
I am trying to install this program onto my laptop, running Windows XP.

When I double-click to install the program (v. 1.5.1.4), it tells me that "A previous version of Sims2Pack Clean Installer exists You have to uninstall old version first! Do you want to do it now ?"

I click yes, and nothing happens. I have uninstalled every version from my computer, there is no trace of it anywhere. I checked my Program Files and the Add/Remove Programs feature. I restarted my computer twice, and downloaded again. I tried running the program from the site, and I tried installing to my computer and then running it. I always get this same message. I also tried installing earlier versions and I get the same message.

Can anyone help? Is this enough information?

you're so worried 'bout the maiden
don't you know she's only waiting
on the next best thing.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 3:34 PM
Oh help please I am having the very same problem as laughin02. Um, I am having a bit of a clean out, so wanted to get an undated version and even tried all of laughin02 remedies of off, on, older versions and nothing. I too have windows xp.

Thank any angels out there.

Fran25
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 3:48 PM
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=177093

See there

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 8:45 PM
thank you so much! that did the trick

you're so worried 'bout the maiden
don't you know she's only waiting
on the next best thing.
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 4:37 AM
Oh wow this worked like a dream, thank you. I was a bit nervous about delving into my computer like that, but stayed with and voila! Thank you again.