Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 6:18 PM
Default How make animated acessories
I want make one animated acessorie but i dont know how make
I want make one glasses for change videos of lenses like Poker face video and the rotate orbit fron Bad Romance video too by lady gaga♥
someone can help me?
Please :lovestruc
thanks *----*
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 6:25 PM
I don't believe that kind of thing has been done for TS3. It was easy for TS2, but I don't know of any animated textures used by the game that could be used as a base for doing custom ones.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 6:27 PM
:S thanks but no is the same way for make for sims 3?
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 6:35 PM
No, it's not the same at all. For Sims 2, it was done via material definitions, by changing the parameters in it to tell it to animate it and at what rate and so on. There are no parameters like that for TS3 - nor are there material definitions anymore (at least, not like for TS2).

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 6:33 PM
oh thanks,but u think that will ever be possible to do?
retired moderator
#6 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 6:44 PM
If EA does an animated texture and we can sort out how it's done, probably. Can't really call anything impossible at this point, but I don't believe anyone knows how to do it and it -may- be impossible without it being implemented in the game by EA first in some fashion.

Sockpuppet
#7 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 8:12 PM
you asked this on TSR also?
Answered it already

You can add animated textures with TSRW, a object that uses them is the rabbithole.
Not sure if you can add them to a moving accesoire/outfit(onced tried it with a sims 2 outfit but failed.)