Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 4:45 PM
Default Things I dislike about TS2
... one of them would be apartments. Once I build a small lobby for sims to not wonder around, they wonder around in there. I wish there was a system to detect any replenshing/recreational objects to sims interact and social all the way.

Another thing, which I blame less about the game, that one maxis pre-made apartment kinda like ruins the storyline of my sims leaving in there. Lots of assholing-violent npc residents. Anyway I better not start from there.

What's do you like dislike about TS2. Let it be flawed/annoying feautures, technical limtations, EAxis fails, ect. Could be anything.
Advertisement
just a girl
#2 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 5:15 PM
Lot impostors. Especially how basements and outside stairs look.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 5:46 PM
First things that come to mind:

Fighting with the Roof tool
Modular stairs with only one choice of railing
Silly routing issues with babies and toddlers

Build a City Challenge on LiveJournal: Mesa Vista: my BaCC for fun
Mesa Vista Running list of chapters
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 5:53 PM
The Apartment things you listed say it all for me. Even with the horrid EA glitches averted (neighbors' kids you've zero control over losing grades for skipping school, really?), the neighbor autonomy flies in a neat arc right over "dynamic surroundings" and into uncanny valley. I love birdwatching as much as the next guy (no, seriously, I birdwatch myself), but seeing the father of three next door leaving his apartment after dark again and again and again to do just that for five hours straight kind of ruins the immersion for me.

The other thing (amended with mods, Watcher be praised) would be that every Sim answering the phone for someone who isn't home has to be an insufferable snotball to the dialing Sim, no matter their Nice points. It's been driving me up the wall since the early days.

Do you ever hear a song so beautiful you want to financially support the artist, but you can't because the artist is a common wood pigeon?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 5:58 PM
How easily the neighbourhoods corrupt. Three simple changes: Implement nounlinkondelete into the game itself, remove the delete button from the family bin, and not allow players to move occupied lots into the bin. 95% of potential hood corruptions solved right there, I'd wager.

@Scathed: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=223283

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 6:18 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 8th Aug 2017 at 6:27 PM. Reason: better grammar maybe?
This improves the message we get when we call other sims, but does it stops our sims from being complete jerk to other sims who'd call? (like in Scathed's example)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 8:41 PM
I'm using Cyjon's mod linked above already and loving it, thanks anyway It's just that the originals being, well, what they are regardless of personality or relationship with the answering Sim that is beyond me (especially as it's not a cause of mass compulsion to be rude over phone, as we can see in the surprisingly decent message we get from the answering machine). Golly, EAxis, what message are you sending to the children?

Do you ever hear a song so beautiful you want to financially support the artist, but you can't because the artist is a common wood pigeon?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 9:31 PM
Default Things I dislike about TS2
[This post was intentionally left blank.]

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Lot impostors. Especially how basements and outside stairs look.

There's a little fix-ette you can do for the stairs - it's adjusting the game files somewhere. I'll see if I can find the post I used to do it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#10 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 10:43 PM
I don't like playing apartments (although I am rather fond of the social townies). First huge PITA - the landlord/lady. Utterly useless. And then, sometimes there are so many walls and roofs in the way that just finding the sim you want to play with becomes a headache - he has a better chance ending up in a boxy house without a foundation talking about art with a social group sim than living next to one in an apartment in my hood.

Not particularly impressed with the supernaturals (aliens are okay, they are close to being normal pixels). Don't think of turning another knowledge sim of mine into a witch, dear High Whatever, don't you dare! (Cure them all, cure them all).

Unsavory Charlatan being an object. My knowledge pixel females really, really like him. Not to know why is getting on my nerves!

Not being able to figure out the point of having skunks and penguins. There is one, isn't there?

That's that
Scholar
#11 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 10:45 PM
Sims in other apartments constantly having fights when playing a different apartment. I'm OK with them being enemies and having the occasional "heated" argument, but when your game slows down every 90 Sim minutes for a 60-Sim-minute fight that none of the Sims you are playing are even on the same floor as, it gets a bit tedious. I've obliged Sims to move house before now when it happens...
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
Sims in other apartments constantly having fights when playing a different apartment. I'm OK with them being enemies and having the occasional "heated" argument, but when your game slows down every 90 Sim minutes for a 60-Sim-minute fight that none of the Sims you are playing are even on the same floor as, it gets a bit tedious. I've obliged Sims to move house before now when it happens...

But this is so easily fixable. All you need to do is fill up the place with your own playables. They behave, they aren't programmed to act like stereotypical apartment tenants.
The only times I have fights, is when I still have some NPC's renting units.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
There's a little fix-ette you can do for the stairs - it's adjusting the game files somewhere. I'll see if I can find the post I used to do it.

Dammit - I can't find it. I'll keep looking. No chance I'll remember the details.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 10:57 PM
Was it this, maxon?
http://criquette-was-here.tumblr.co...-and-your-hoods

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:05 PM
Yes, that's it - Criquette. I was looking at Lowedus. Thank you Rose - that was fixing to drive me bonkers.

Forum Resident
#16 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:21 PM
Thankfully, the majority of the things I dislike about TS2 have player-made fixes.

The ones that stick out for me are all apartment related:

1) The stairs tend to "break" in at least one of the apartments, resulting in Playable Sims not being able to go to work or into their apartment. It causes a clogged pathway at the top of the stairs that usually involves the landlady/landlord.

2) I don't like the loud music and arguing from the next-door neighbor every time my Sims tries to go to sleep. It was cute the first two or three times, now, it seems that no matter where my Sim moves the terrible neighbor follows. I've started playing ONLY those apartments with bedrooms that don't share a wall with another apartment. (If anyone knows a fix to stop this, I'd love to have it.)

3) One of the apartment buildings -- I think the same one where I have a stair problem, has two trees in areas the firefighter can't reach. It's a problem when they catch on fire.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
just a girl
#17 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:25 PM
Thanks, Rosebine! I'll try that. I really hope it'll fix holes around basements too.

Justpetro, landlords aren't totally useless. They lower the rent if sims are in good relationships with them.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:32 PM
I love playing apartments because I like the challenge (especially with poorer families) of having to keep them contained to a small unit.

The one thing I hate about apartments is that if you ever unlock the apartment door, you can't return to the default lock. The default is family and greeted lot visitors, same with a house. If I unlock it, the options are:

-Unlock, which means the landlord and neighbors can barge in whenever like Kramer on Seinfeld

-Disallow Lot Visitors- which means your friends from work or friends you've invited over can't come into your apartment

Also hate- default cameras in hood view. Why would they create something that purposefully limits your view of the game? There are plenty of Maxis hoods where you can't even see huge chunks of the hood. The default Downtown is awful; I didn't see that section down the hill was buildable for years!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:39 PM
Oh yes..the door locking adventure!

#20 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 11:39 PM
The Eternal Flaming Breadfruit Tree: (But i believe that was fixed by someone)

how clothes don't have a swatch category like object recolors. The only thing in ts4 they actually did right they couldn't be arsed to do it in 2. So tired of having to go through half the catalog to get to the right clothing then 3 more pages to find the recolor i want of it. Yea Yea i know i dont need ALL the recolors but then my sims would be mostly dressed in white/black/red and that's just too stepford community.

how strays always seem to know the exact moment to piss off and leave right before my sims can adopt them. Like my sim isnt good enough for you? fine keep your trashcan in an alley then.

the sheer stupidity of adding diagonals walls and then saying "o but you cant rotate the furniture vanilla wise you'll need at least 2 cheat codes to do it and the patience of a buddist monk suckers!"
Mad Poster
#21 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
I've started playing ONLY those apartments with bedrooms that don't share a wall with another apartment. (If anyone knows a fix to stop this, I'd love to have it.)

Noise requires an unblocked wall segment to travel through, so one fix is to put invisible paintings on the walls so the sound has nowhere to travel through.

Lots of things bug me, but at the moment I can't think of anything I dislike. Most things has a fix somewhere, and if it doesn't exist I can usually make it myself. Makes me a little sad to see all the apartment-hate, because I love them to death, but I understand that they are not for everyone

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:46 AM
@SIMelissa
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=577082
Though I don't use it. I build my own apartment building efficiently!

Scholar
#23 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:58 AM
I like apartments

Man, I play with so many mods I forget what is actually EAxis programmed behavior.

I miss the magic system from Sims 1 and I wish Sims 2 had been more like that.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Forum Resident
#24 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
@SIMelissa
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=577082
Though I don't use it. I build my own apartment building efficiently!

Oh, bless you! This will allow my Sims to double the apartments they'll be able to rent!
I am unable to modify apartments the way I could a house. I remember trying to add a wall once and the game wouldn't let me do it. I wouldn't have the first clue in how to build an entire apartment building that properly functions. One more thing on my newbie list of things to learn. I'll have to check out the tutorials. So many things to learn, so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn them. <---- I think this will be my new signature!

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#25 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Makes me a little sad to see all the apartment-hate, because I love them to death, but I understand that they are not for everyone

I love them too. If only they weren't so prone to glitch up!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 1 of 4