Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 3:47 PM
Default Trying to convert a dress.
Hello I'm new to the forums so please let me know if I'm in the wrong forum but anyways I'm trying to convert a dress from Adult male to Teen male but it's not coming out right. Am I'm missing something or am I not doing it right?

Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 7:04 PM
I've moved this to the Create forums.

What exactly have you done to get to this point?

Incidentally, instead of messing about with a digital camera, you can take a pic of your screen by just going to Start -> Accessories -> Snipping Tool.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 4:41 AM
I followed the steps in the video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpKKNim6aYY ) but still not sure on how to convert clothing from Adult(s) to Teen(s) Etc. I took the photo with my phone.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 6:22 PM
I figured out the problem the Mesh has to be the same as the other item.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
I figured out the problem the Mesh has to be the same as the other item.

That's right. Sometimes you can get away with doing it this way if the meshes and texture mapping are close enough... but in a lot of cases, it's just not going to work (as you found out).

The best way to do age conversions is to make a new mesh. In this case, you'd take the adult mesh, resize it so that it fits a teen, and then put it into a new mesh package. It takes a while to learn how to do it, but it'll get the best results. (If you're interested in learning how to make meshes, I suggest working through the beginner tutorials on this site.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:12 PM
Ok, I'll look into it.