Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 9:03 PM Last edited by Philhip : 1st Aug 2007 at 12:11 AM.
Problem in creating new objects... please help!
hello all, I have a little problem with creating objects...
I did all the things that I was suposed to do but when I enter in the game I just see a sphere... I had some images but I don't know how to insert them...
I would like to know what to do.
If someone can help me
thanks

Edit: I was doing a chair with wings 3D, UV mapping and Simpe, Ithink that the prob. is in simpe... but i'm not sure...
Screenshots
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 12:49 AM
I think that the sphere you see it only a small part of your mesh, while the most part is just invisible in game.

I notice from your SimPE screenshot that:

1) there are a lot of separated meshes in that GMDC: you should group together (with Wings3D) the parts that are going to be covered with the same texture. In this case, I'd suggest at most 2 subsets in total (fabric and metal)
2) the names of your meshes always have that "_default" suffix that is generated by an incorrect setting in Wings. Read this post about this problem.
3) In any case, the name of the imported subsets should match exactly the ones from the original chair otherwise there is a lot of work to do to fix the internal references.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 1:02 AM
thanks a lot, I will try to fix it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 1:06 AM
When I try to Import it with SimPE it said:
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less thn the size of the collection...
Fluffy
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 8:30 AM
Philip,
try running the mesh through uvmapper, before reimporting.
Meshes coming straight from Wings3D or Blender tend to give errors. They are usually fixed if you open the mesh in UV Mapper and save it there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 12:09 PM Last edited by Philhip : 1st Aug 2007 at 3:43 PM.
thank you I will try an other time ( it was my fisrt object creation...)

but Numenor, your 3rd step, do you have a tutorail how to do it?
(I know i'm a little bit irritating... but I want to have my object in my sims 2 game...) :D

EDIT: its ok for the 3rd step! I just changed the names of the GMDC and it work!

now I will attack the textures!
thank a lot numenor and Lethe_s!