Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#5851 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 6:19 PM
Personally, I don't share Pescado's ideas for how the game should be played & I don't think his documentation is thorough enough for me, and I also consider his mods to be unsupported since asking for support at the forum simply brings out the idiots that hang out there. Sometimes Pescado will show up & actually engage, & when he does, he's sometimes helpful & other times just delivers a pronouncement in Pescado-speak. I think those are meant to be helpful, but often they just leave me unenlightened.

I do appreciate his genius: I use his suite for Sims 2, but there I'm able to manipulate things with SimPE also, whereas Sims3Pe is not in my toolbox (yet). Anyway, for people who share Pescado's esthetics and game approach, Awesomemod is probably great--though, as I said, consider yourself on your own if you have any questions or problems, unless you like being piled with abuse by jerks who contribute nothing--and for people who want to play in another way, Nraas is more flexible and better supported if you get yourself into trouble.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#5852 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 9:35 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 11th Sep 2016 at 10:43 PM.
The Awesomemod is somehow a collective mod, sorta. When Sims 3 was released there was a ton of problems, mainly due to Story Progression and a lot of inner problems and bugs. Pescado who had made all those Sims 2 mods decided to do a mod to try and repair all the problems. A gazillion requests were then made to Pescado, some of them were doable and got included in the mod. That's why the mod tackles so many stuff and have so many features and codes. Trying to replace Awesomemod means at least a dozen mods, and AFAIK a lot of essential features cannot be replaced at all (like better genetic blending for skin colors, better faces randomization, or even randomized voices pitch, YA clothing<=>A clothing) All the needed information is in the RTFM and in the forum - you can be sure that if you have a question it was already asked in all those years and is somewhere in the forum so there's no need to ask anything. The forum isn't very active anymore anyway. The site search is rather effective, otherwise searching from outside with Google is effective too. Most of the options can be toggled in a config file you generate yourself here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/t...some/config.php For me, Awesomemod even without it's SP part is vital. Yes MATY is a purulent hellhole but it should be considered as a documentation site, not a chit-chat place.
Top Secret Researcher
#5853 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 12:30 AM
Thanks Don, and I am sincerely glad that the vegetable nectar plague is over, though there is no way to say that without it sounding sarcastic.

Quote: Originally posted by medieval_simmer
Is there anything wrong with having both sims3pack version and the package file of the same content in the game simultaneously? I could not get it to work with only installed sims3packs and later could not be bothered to go ahead and uninstall them

I think there could be a problem to have 2 instances of the same cc. With as buggy as this game is, why take the chance?
Mad Poster
#5854 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I've tried NRAAS Story progression. If it was mine, I'd make the default settings to be like EA story progression, and I'd document what you can change. It kinda lost me in the jargon, lack of documentation, and it limited me to only running small worlds on my old laptop. New laptop could probably run it better, but I'm not smart enough to set it up right.

For most players, there is nothing wrong with SP's default settings at least to start out with. That's why they are the defaults. Maybe progression's Normal speed is a bit much for newer users to work with, but that's one setting and it's easy to change. As for lack of documentation, I'm sorry that our explanation of what every single option does and a 60-screen (depending on zoom and resolution) FAQ page with internal links and Tables of Contents for navigation aren't quite enough. I suppose what you are after is some kind of interactive in-game help system or something like the built in Lessons that EA provides, only more helpful than that. I'm afraid we don't have the resources to provide those.

But I've asked this before (and appear to have been ignored). What happens when you come to our site and ask for assistance in getting started or with a particular facet of SP once you get things going?
Test Subject
#5855 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 8:35 AM
Is there any way I can check to see what ep/sp(s) the lot I just made needs?
I have nearly everything installed, BUT I know I didn't use stuff from EVERY ep/sp. So is there any way I can go about this?
Site Helper
#5856 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 1:48 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 15th Sep 2016 at 2:04 PM.
It has filters in the catalog for choosing to only use base game and certain EPs (and possibly SPs; I never paid attention to whether or not there is a filter for Town Life (my only SP) in my game.)
Of course that only helps when you are building...

If you have 1.69, I suppose you could deactivate all the EPs/SPs you are sure you didn't use, check to see if everything is still there, then one by one deactivate others until you've checked them all. If something is missing when that EP is gone, put it back and add it to your list.

It would not surprise me if there is a utility that checks them, (And probably found right here) but I don't know what it would be.

EDIT: Ok, whatever it is isn't right here, although if you don't have 1.69 you can see if you can get Any Game Starter to work for you. Apparently it works for some people, but not everyone.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#5857 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 3:48 PM
I know that, with Master Controller, I can make a Sim have Alien DNA between 0 and 100 - I suppose to make them fully Alien, it needs to be at 100.
My question is, if I do that, does the game COUNT them as Aliens then? I know that "Occult: Add" works for things like Vampires and Mermaids, but Aliens are not listed under that; only the Alien DNA Percentage and I don't know if it is then a Sim or Alien.
Top Secret Researcher
#5858 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 5:32 PM
I had a NPC 50% alien named Spock. He had two kids, and they were able to do alien stuff too. However, NRAAS said that they weren't exactly 25%... I guess later generations get a random percentage that's less than their parents percentage.
Scholar
#5859 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 5:51 PM
'ya know even your own kid is not exactly always 50% yours, its quite legit to have a few percents of grand-(grand,...,grand)-parents heritage and all of this without any unexpected help from anyone

There's an option in MC which allows to grandparents' genetics inheritance (by default disabled IIRC).

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5860 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I know that, with Master Controller, I can make a Sim have Alien DNA between 0 and 100 - I suppose to make them fully Alien, it needs to be at 100.
My question is, if I do that, does the game COUNT them as Aliens then? I know that "Occult: Add" works for things like Vampires and Mermaids, but Aliens are not listed under that; only the Alien DNA Percentage and I don't know if it is then a Sim or Alien.
They will be full aliens and the game will register them as such. MasterController will, for example, count them in the demographics overview.
If you add the Alien DNA with MC their eyes will immediately become black and their voice will change, too.

And if you use this method to create homeless aliens (for roles like bartenders) they will use an UFO instead of a car when they enter the world again.

ETA: Oh, I forgot: there was a mistake in MC, and I don't know whether they've already fixed it. Setting the DNA to the maximum value resulted in 1,000% aliens, not 100. So you might want to play around with the numbers a bit.
Scholar
#5861 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
They will be full aliens and the game will register them as such. MasterController will, for example, count them in the demographics overview.
If you add the Alien DNA with MC their eyes will immediately become black and their voice will change, too.

ETA: Oh, I forgot: there was a mistake in MC, and I don't know whether they've already fixed it. Setting the DNA to the maximum value resulted in 1,000% aliens, not 100. So you might want to play around with the numbers a bit.

Ah, good to know. Cause I made an Alien Sim once and I couldn't recall if he was shown in the Panels as having any sort of border color. I don't even recall if Alien sims have border colors...

The FAQ did mention I should make it a number between 0 and 1, but I thought that might refer to an older version, before the numerical value was changed.
Top Secret Researcher
#5862 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
'ya know even your own kid is not exactly always 50% yours, its quite legit to have a few percents of grand-(grand,...,grand)-parents heritage and all of this without any unexpected help from anyone

There's an option in MC which allows to grandparents' genetics inheritance (by default disabled IIRC).

The first child should always be exactly 50% yours - half your genes are from each parent. After that, it's a shuffle; you flip a coin 23 times to see if you get your paternal grandmother's or grandfather's chromosomes. Then again for your maternal grandparents. So, yeah, you can favor one grandparent over another, but mom and dad always get half say.
Scholar
#5863 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 9:17 PM
Unless there's shenanigans in the transcription, which happens more often than we might think.
Mad Poster
#5864 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 1:32 AM
My next sims band is going to be named "Shenanigans in the Transcription." As I'm not a geneticist, I'm not entirely sure what that means but it sounds really cool.
Scholar
#5865 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 3:34 AM
Shenanigans in the transcription, in my sentence, means that in reality you might in fact have more chromosomes from one parent than the other, or have bits of extra chromosomes lying around that get picked up during development--usually that kind of thing is pretty unobtrusive because the results are either fatal in the earliest stages, in which case the mother might not even know she had a fertilized egg, or benign to the point of invisibility. We only know about it if there's some kind of anomaly in-between that sends the person to the doctor. Chromosomes sometimes cut themselves up and reassemble themselves differently, too. It's pretty lackadaisical down there at the cellular level.
Top Secret Researcher
#5866 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Shenanigans in the transcription, in my sentence, means that in reality you might in fact have more chromosomes from one parent than the other, or have bits of extra chromosomes lying around that get picked up during development--usually that kind of thing is pretty unobtrusive because the results are either fatal in the earliest stages, in which case the mother might not even know she had a fertilized egg, or benign to the point of invisibility. We only know about it if there's some kind of anomaly in-between that sends the person to the doctor. Chromosomes sometimes cut themselves up and reassemble themselves differently, too. It's pretty lackadaisical down there at the cellular level.

I don't think EA included that in the sims. I rather think they're ignorant when it came to genetic traits...
Scholar
#5867 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
The first child should always be exactly 50% yours (...)

hehe, I was referring to yours doubts about 50& beign alien. You never know which whom were affiliated his grandies At last they've run this "pollination quest" (sounds like they were born in the Bioware game x.x) since Sims1 IIRC.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Scholar
#5868 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 12:06 PM
I made the Alien DNA below 100 and he has the eyes, but not the synthesized voice...
Scholar
#5869 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 6:15 PM
What do you put into a Pool community lot? I want to make a bigger one, but not overstuff it with stuff that it doesn't need. I usually just make 80-90% of the lot (20x15, for example) the pool, the rest is sand with some seats and All-In-One Bathrooms. Maybe a snowcone machine, too.
Test Subject
#5870 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 6:32 PM
I like to have parties at the community pools, so I make sure there's a table or counter for a cake if needed, A way for sims to eat, either a mixology bar or a fridge with a sink. A block table so toddlers have something to do besides pick their nose, a hot tub, maybe a stereo.
#5871 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 10:41 PM
Stupidest question ever (or probably ever been questioned before): Can Grim Reaper die?

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Mad Poster
#5872 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
Stupidest question ever (or probably ever been questioned before): Can Grim Reaper die?

Yes (but don't ask who comes to collect him). Grimmy is a Service Sim and if he dies or goes missing for any reason, a new one will be spawned by the game when needed.
Scholar
#5873 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 3:53 PM
I'm somewhat new to TS3 after a decade-plus of TS2.

For the first time last night, I had my Sim use a 'hot beverage' type machine. She got a 'cappucino' of some sort, and even though the object shows an energy rating of 4, drinking it never gave any energy boost (possibly it just stopped it from going 'down', but the arrows never went up). This was while in University mode, if that matters. Is this normal? What would be a better energy booster, if so?

Thanks!

(Oh, going to tag on another dumb question. Does anyone know how to fix the 'clipped/distorted' menu text when playing in Windowed mode on a widescreen monitor, specifically 1920x1080? Thanks in advance.)
Inventor
#5874 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 5:08 PM
Coffee does NOT give you energy in TS3. It slows the decay of energy and gives your Sim the "Buzzed" moddlet (which overwrites Sleepy/Tired/Exhausted moodlets). Once the timer runs out, it will turn into the Buzz Crashed moodlet. You can keep drinking coffee to stay up, but at some point your Sim will have to go to sleep. I find this system way more realistic than TS1/2 system, where coffee will give you energy and you wouldn't even have to sleep at all, just live out of coffee... which is not how coffee works in real life.

As regards your second question, I don't know what you mean. Could you show me a screencap so I understand what your problem is? BTW, TS3 is widescreen compatible by default (up to 4K resolution I think) so nothing should look stretched when you play it on a widescreen monitor.
Scholar
#5875 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Coffee does NOT give you energy in TS3. It stops energy from going down and gives you the "Buzzed" moddlet (which overwrites Sleepy/Tired/Exhausted moodlets). Once the timer runs out, it will turn into the Buzz Crashed moodlet. You can keep drinking coffee to stay up, but at some point your Sim will have to go to sleep. I find this system way more realistic than TS1/2 system, where coffee will give you energy and you wouldn't even have to sleep at all, just live out of coffee... which is not how coffee works in real life.

As regards your second question, I don't know what you mean. Could you show me a screencap so I understand what your problem is? BTW, TS3 is widescreen compatible by default (up to 4K resolution I think) so nothing should look stretched when you play it on a widescreen monitor.

Haha, Naus, I was trying to spread my stupid questions around and you ended up stuck with them over here too. :P

Screenshot coming up.
Page 235 of 385