Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Launcher with Package Management [Obsolete]

by granthes Posted 6th Jul 2010 at 6:50 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:58 PM by Nysha

445 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 391 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 5
Instructor
Original Poster
#401 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
I did not find a readme file when downloading and the website has been down for a while. Any place we can find documentation on how to use this? Thank you!

Unfortunately my server has been crashed for a while. I'm waiting on parts to get it back up and running. It will be about two weeks before that happens, unfortunately...

In the meantime, feel free to log into the forum at http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/ and post a question in the main (only) forum there. I'll be happy to help you get up and running.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#402 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 3:25 AM
If most of the website is down, is there anyway to get to the version 2 launcher? Or will I have to go back to launcher 1?
Instructor
Original Poster
#403 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
If most of the website is down, is there anyway to get to the version 2 launcher? Or will I have to go back to launcher 1?

Sorry about that. I had forgotten that I didn't have it available for download.

You can download the Beta version of V2 at this link: http://sims3.the-prof.net/?p=11

Test Subject
#404 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by granthes
The Custom Launcher has to scan all of your packages each time when it starts up. The more packages you have, the longer it takes.

This is a known issue and is being addressed in the upcoming V2 Custom Launcher.

Hang in there for a while longer and I should have the V2 launcher ready to go by Christmas time. (Yes it's a big project... )

cheers will be waiting for it
Forum Resident
#405 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 12:20 AM
Sorry about that. I had forgotten that I didn't have it available for download.

You can download the Beta version of V2 at this link: http://sims3.the-prof.net/?p=11

Thank you! Glad to see it back up.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#406 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 9:42 PM
Thank you , nice to be able to compress them a little bit so many mods
Test Subject
#407 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 9:02 AM
Hi there, forgive me if this question has already been answered before, but I couldn't find an answer from previous posts. Anyway, I wanted to use the launcher with FPS_Limiter, so i clicked on the Set button and directed the launcher to FPS_Limiter found in The Sims 3 Bin. After that, I clicked on the play button. Unfortunately, I think only the FPS_Limiter ran for a brief moment but Sims 3 was not launched at all. I was wondering if I had done anything wrong in my attempt to start The Sims 3 with FPS_Limiter? Thank you. (:
Instructor
Original Poster
#408 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catharsis108
Hi there, forgive me if this question has already been answered before, but I couldn't find an answer from previous posts. Anyway, I wanted to use the launcher with FPS_Limiter, so i clicked on the Set button and directed the launcher to FPS_Limiter found in The Sims 3 Bin. After that, I clicked on the play button. Unfortunately, I think only the FPS_Limiter ran for a brief moment but Sims 3 was not launched at all. I was wondering if I had done anything wrong in my attempt to start The Sims 3 with FPS_Limiter? Thank you. (:

It is certainly possible to use FPS_Limiter with Custom Launcher, however you must create a batch file to run FPS_Limiter that has all of the parameters set. Then tell the Custom Launcher to run that batch file.

I don't run FPS_Limiter, so I am unable to help with the contents of that batch file, but I know it has been done and works quite well.

Test Subject
#409 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 4:19 PM
Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, I have tried creating a batch file yet could not run it via the Custom Launcher. The command window would appear for a second and then immediately close. The batch file I created to execute TS3W.exe did work on its own, but not with the Custom Launcher via the "Set" option. I haven't been able to find any talk of the Limiter working with the Launcher online, so I hope to be able to find some, and solve this soon!
Instructor
Original Poster
#410 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catharsis108
Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, I have tried creating a batch file yet could not run it via the Custom Launcher. The command window would appear for a second and then immediately close. The batch file I created to execute TS3W.exe did work on its own, but not with the Custom Launcher via the "Set" option. I haven't been able to find any talk of the Limiter working with the Launcher online, so I hope to be able to find some, and solve this soon!

Add a line to the very end of the batch file that says
Code:
pause
. This will allow you to read any error messages that are showing up.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#411 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 5:47 AM
Ah, apparently I've been having an error 126 for Limiter_D3D9.dll, so I copied the Limiter_D3D9.dll and HookHelper.dll files into the Custom Launcher folder. And now it works! Thank you for all your help! :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#412 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 7:04 AM
I'm looking forward to your official Launcher V2.
Test Subject
#413 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 5:16 PM
Hi everyone

i don't know why but my sims launcher have an error "object reference not set to instance of an object". It is the new version for generations. How do i sort this out?
Instructor
Original Poster
#414 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NikitaDNA
Hi everyone

i don't know why but my sims launcher have an error "object reference not set to instance of an object". It is the new version for generations. How do i sort this out?

This is most often caused by not having any custom content for the launcher to control.

Just download a new mod or item into the <documents>\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder and it should work fine from there.

Test Subject
#415 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 5:10 PM
This is most often caused by not having any custom content for the launcher to control.

Just download a new mod or item into the <documents>\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder and it should work fine from there.

Hi again

I have tried it and it doesn't work. I might just go insane without my custom content.
It used to work, the i presses the 'clear' button underneath the 'play' button and now it stopped working. Worse of all i don't know where to 'Set' it to. I have even tried downloading it again re-installing it, re-installed all of my sims games. And still i had no luck.
Please help!
Instructor
Original Poster
#416 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NikitaDNA
Hi again

I have tried it and it doesn't work. I might just go insane without my custom content.
It used to work, the i presses the 'clear' button underneath the 'play' button and now it stopped working. Worse of all i don't know where to 'Set' it to. I have even tried downloading it again re-installing it, re-installed all of my sims games. And still i had no luck.
Please help!

Rather than clutter up this thread with troubleshooting, please log in to http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums and create a thread there. It will probably take us several exchanges to figure out what is going on, but I'm happy to help.

--Grant.

Test Subject
#417 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 9:12 PM
Default Help?
Quote: Originally posted by modifieddesire
Sadly, I cannot even get it to open. It keeps saying an error has occurred and windows is checking for a solution. I installed the framework. So, I am not sure what the issue could be on opening it. I have tried opening it as administrator and regularly, still no dice.

Did you ever get a resolution for this? I'm having the same problem. It won't open.
Test Subject
#418 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 9:25 PM
Any word on if this will be updated for pets? Or if this works on pets?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#419 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 2:23 AM
Grant seems to be busy working on a fix for the Pets patch CC issue, so I would not be surprised if this took a little longer than normal to be updated. However, if your CC doesn't work there isn't really a reason to manage them is there?

Granthes would know for sure, but my best guess is that he is temporarily occupied at the moment.
Field Researcher
#420 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jatie
Did you ever get a resolution for this? I'm having the same problem. It won't open.

I also am having the same issue since I patched my game.
Test Subject
#421 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 4:50 AM
I've been using this to manage my packages with pets installed, with no issues whatsoever.
Instructor
Original Poster
#422 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by midnightsfall
I've been using this to manage my packages with pets installed, with no issues whatsoever.

Good to know.

I can no-longer run this version on my system due to changes in the Version 2 launcher.

And... Version 2 should be ready for release in the next couple of weeks... I just have some issues to resolve with the new Collections feature added in patch 1.26 and it will be feature complete.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#423 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 12:45 PM
thanks dude downloading it now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#424 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 5:43 PM
Having a problem and cant find the right fix, Hoping you can help. When I down load any thing from MTS I get what looks like a white sheet of paper and it wont open and I cant get the objects into my game. I had the monkey bars, but the day before yesterday my computer crashed and only way I could get it to work was to restore to factory status and I lost all of my programs and having to start over. I see that Monkey bars is no longer on the sight to download and so all of my mts files are useless because I cant just put the files into my mod folder in the game because they dont work. Any idea how I can get the files to work in my game so the show up? I have windows 7, the sims3 and all exps and stuff packs.
Instructor
Original Poster
#425 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jmh
Having a problem and cant find the right fix, Hoping you can help. When I down load any thing from MTS I get what looks like a white sheet of paper and it wont open and I cant get the objects into my game. I had the monkey bars, but the day before yesterday my computer crashed and only way I could get it to work was to restore to factory status and I lost all of my programs and having to start over. I see that Monkey bars is no longer on the sight to download and so all of my mts files are useless because I cant just put the files into my mod folder in the game because they dont work. Any idea how I can get the files to work in my game so the show up? I have windows 7, the sims3 and all exps and stuff packs.

Wow! Monkey Bars hasn't worked correctly since Ambitions came out! That's amazing you were still able to use it!

The way to install your content into the game with Custom Launcher is to move the files into your <documents>\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder and run the launcher. It will detect the files and install them into the game for you.

Custom Launcher sets up the new style content framework automatically too, so there aren't any file editing steps that you need to worry about.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#426 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:25 PM
Hey, great tool, but how do I know it's detected the files and installed? I'm just wondering
Field Researcher
#427 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 10:13 PM
Well, the v.1 Custom Launcher was not working for me - after Pets the game would continually CTD. So I thought I'd give the v.2 Beta a shot. The cc I want installed is all listed, but does NOT appear in game. Everything appears enabled - the rebuild takes less than 1 minute though - I was accustomed to much longer times with v.1. And the game launches with no problem - also no mention of the mod packages as was always the case with v.1. I would have reported this at the prof.net, but am having a really hard time even finding it on-line, much less finding more than the various v.2 downloads.
Is there no update to v.1 available at all? I really liked it and was getting along well with it. The beta version leaves me mostly confused, as it is not doing what v.1 did, which was manage and install my cc.
If there is any way to get help with this let me know who or where (i.e. url), please. I love your wonderful utility and now cannot live without it! Well, my Sims can't at any rate!
Instructor
Original Poster
#428 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gamineannie
Well, the v.1 Custom Launcher was not working for me - after Pets the game would continually CTD. So I thought I'd give the v.2 Beta a shot. The cc I want installed is all listed, but does NOT appear in game. Everything appears enabled - the rebuild takes less than 1 minute though - I was accustomed to much longer times with v.1. And the game launches with no problem - also no mention of the mod packages as was always the case with v.1. I would have reported this at the prof.net, but am having a really hard time even finding it on-line, much less finding more than the various v.2 downloads.
Is there no update to v.1 available at all? I really liked it and was getting along well with it. The beta version leaves me mostly confused, as it is not doing what v.1 did, which was manage and install my cc.
If there is any way to get help with this let me know who or where (i.e. url), please. I love your wonderful utility and now cannot live without it! Well, my Sims can't at any rate!

Please take a look at http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums . This is where my support forums for the launcher are.

Unfortunately, the original launcher is too obsolete to be updated to work well with pets and later. It generally still works, but has some issues that aren't fixable.

The V2 launcher, soon to be renamed and uploaded here on MTS, does exactly the same things as the original, but also adds some additional features that people had requested.

In any case, use the link above to post your question and I'll be happy to get it up and running for you.

Instructor
Original Poster
#429 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xDJxTiffix
Hey, great tool, but how do I know it's detected the files and installed? I'm just wondering

If the files were installed in the Mods\Packages folder, you can click the "Show Legacy" check box and see them. Files installed from the downloads folder will show at any time in the list.

If they aren't showing, they may be in the old pre-ambitions folder structure. The custom launcher can't find files in these locations.

Field Researcher
#430 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 8:32 PM
I would love to "take a look at" the prof-net site, but continually receive a connection error - doesn't matter if my browser is IE or Google Chrome, or if I try on the WinVista machine or the Win7 PC.
Even the beta V.2 download was a "stumble upon", as it was at least suggested as a possible replacement for the download link I was "following".
Even the "search" for the prof-net, providing plenty of links, does not connect to the site. My anti-virus/firewall is Avast - is that the problem, ya think?
Guess I'll just have to wait for the final version to become available here, and make do without the bulk of my CC, which is in package format. New downloads seem to work, as the V.2 unzips, sorts and enables it alright from the rar and zip files. The older CC is only in previously unzipped package files, though, and that is what is not appearing in-game.
Just wanted you to be aware of that, in case it helps.
Instructor
Original Poster
#431 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gamineannie
I would love to "take a look at" the prof-net site, but continually receive a connection error - doesn't matter if my browser is IE or Google Chrome, or if I try on the WinVista machine or the Win7 PC.
Even the beta V.2 download was a "stumble upon", as it was at least suggested as a possible replacement for the download link I was "following".
Even the "search" for the prof-net, providing plenty of links, does not connect to the site. My anti-virus/firewall is Avast - is that the problem, ya think?
Guess I'll just have to wait for the final version to become available here, and make do without the bulk of my CC, which is in package format. New downloads seem to work, as the V.2 unzips, sorts and enables it alright from the rar and zip files. The older CC is only in previously unzipped package files, though, and that is what is not appearing in-game.
Just wanted you to be aware of that, in case it helps.

Howdy.

Sorry about that. My hosting provider was down all morning. I just managed to get it back up and running.

As far as the original .package files not being available, a simple fix with either version of launcher is to move those files from the mods\packages folder into your downloads folder. The next time your run custom launcher, it will detect them and get them installed for you.

Field Researcher
#432 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 1:42 PM
Ah, Senor Hess, that is how I tried to get them installed. I had to do yet another complete clean install of all the EPs and SPs after Pets came out. I renamed my Sims3 folder to oldSims3 and did the install after. Then I move all the previously categorized package files from each launcher sub-folder (one folder full at a time) to the new and empty downloads folder and let the launcher install them, shut it down, do the next batch, and so on until it is all moved and installed, then do a rebuild.
I think I shall try and uninstall and reinstall the V.2 launcher, and see if that clears up the problem. >Sigh< Oh, well, it will keep me busy and out of trouble, for a while at least. LOL
Test Subject
#433 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 11:56 PM
I'm having a difficult time. I have done multiple things (not saving but opening the setup, letting it do its thing and then trying to use it; saving and then opening the folder with the setup and let it set up then try to use it; not using set up and just saving it, extracting it, then running it.) Every time, one of two things happens. The first is: I open it, on the bottom it looks as though it's running, but nothing shows up. When this happens, I usually just close out and try to open it again. Then, if it doesn't work after 3 or 4 times, I uninstall it and try again. The second thing that happens: It opens, but no packages show up. I try rebuilding, it crashes. Then when I try to reopen it, it does the same thing as before, says it's running but nothing shows up at all. I've tried downloading both the Generations version and the other, since I don't have generations. Neither works.

What should I do?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#434 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 12:16 AM
i have pets and this is still the best custom launcher becareful of updated mods and u will be ok plus i still use monkey bars also im not having any problems custom launcher loads up 1662 mods n runs great... dont know why it says obsolate
Instructor
Original Poster
#435 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DirtG
i have pets and this is still the best custom launcher becareful of updated mods and u will be ok plus i still use monkey bars also im not having any problems custom launcher loads up 1662 mods n runs great... dont know why it says obsolate

The main reason it says Obsolete is because the new CC Magic is a direct replacement for the Custom Launcher and I no longer update or support this program.

For those people who are having issues, please look at upgrading to CC Magic. It does everything Custom Launcher did, but also does so much more!

Test Subject
#436 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 9:29 AM
does this replace the official one?
Test Subject
#437 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 3:56 PM
Default Does it work with showtime?
My startscreen looks different than yours.
I play with showtime is it no problem to instal this?

kraan83
Attached files:
File Type: rar  sims3.rar (274.3 KB, 25 downloads)
Description: printscreen sims3 Showtime
Test Subject
#438 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 2:10 AM
Does this still work?
It says it is out dated, but is there any other launchers that work. I have the sims 3 with adventures, ambitions, pets, seansons, showtime, and supernatural installed and I am runing the latest version of Wine for Mint witch is 1.7 as of now. Is this just a issue with Wine and the api's are is it with the actual state of the launcher and the patch thing?
THANKS POST
#439 Old 13th Jun 2014 at 6:54 PM
Thanks Alots
Test Subject
#440 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:45 PM
How did you make this look almost exactly like the stock launcher?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#441 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 5:54 PM
y hanks :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#442 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 7:51 AM
Terima Kasih :)
Test Subject
#443 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 10:25 PM
ya btw your custom content launcher only let me download 7 things, every other one says "error unknown magic number. rar! or PK!" Why does that happen???
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#444 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 12:03 AM
its amazing but i wanna download
Test Subject
#445 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stef87
its amazing but i wanna download
What version do you need?? I have 1.69 an I REALLY want this :c
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#446 Old 8th May 2020 at 10:05 PM