Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 1:37 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Sims 2 Super Collection--- No folders??
I recently downloaded the Sims 2 Super Collection from the app store for Apple. I'm wanting to download CC...but I having issues. The only thing that shows up is an empty folder that says EA Games. Do I need to make another file inside that says downloads for all the CC to show up? Has anyone else ran into this problem?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 1:49 AM
Try booting the game first -- that should give you more folders to work with. But chances are that you will have to make folder for your downloads. The good news is that it's really easy. Just make a folder, name it

Downloads

Exactly like that, capitalization and spelling and all, and it should work fine.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 5:45 PM
Thanks!, I once had to that when I owned them on discs... and was hoping it would work the same way with the digital copy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 5:38 PM
Well, I created a download folder and unfortunately didn't work. Any more ideas?
Theorist
#5 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 11:47 PM
What did you name the folder? Did you turn on the "Show cc in catalog" option in the game settings menu? And can you link to a couple of pieces of cc you were trying to use?

There could be a number of reasons why things aren't working, with a number of different solutions. The answer to those three questions will help narrow down what the problem is.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 2014greatdane8
Well, I created a download folder and unfortunately didn't work. Any more ideas?

Where did you create the "Downloads" folder? Because of the sandboxing rules for the Mac App Store it needs to be here:

~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/

(You'll probably need to unhide your library by holding down the alt/option key.)

There's a long thread about figuring out some of the CC location stuff for the Super Collection, but it's a couple of pages back now. You can find it here:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=530610
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by muridae
Where did you create the "Downloads" folder? Because of the sandboxing rules for the Mac App Store it needs to be here:

~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/

(You'll probably need to unhide your library by holding down the alt/option key.)

There's a long thread about figuring out some of the CC location stuff for the Super Collection, but it's a couple of pages back now. You can find it here:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=530610

Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 6:46 PM
Ok, so I just got a new Mac with Yosemite, and got the sims 2 Super Collection. Everyone is pointing to the ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/... I've looked all over the place and no 'library' folder has a 'Containers' folder inside it. I can't even begin to figure out where the Downloads folder should be. I see in that thread, it has 'library' in it twice. Either way, the library folder doesn't have an 'application support/aspyr' folder in it either. Am I missing something?
Theorist
#9 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 6:54 PM
The tilde "~" means that you start in your personal user folder, so for me (if I had Yosemite), the path would be "esmeiolanthe/library/Containers" and so on. What are you using as the starting point for your path?

Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 7:06 PM
Yup, that did seem to open up the appropriate path. I clearly had the wrong library. Thanks esmeiolanthe. (I had to unhide the library in my home folder. I didn't realize there would be more than 1 library.)