Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 2:22 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Customizing a Backstory
Hey. So I hope this thread belongs in the help, I think it does since it's a question about SimPE and stuff.

Anyways... I know that when you are in CAS (and neighborhood view), you can write a little bio for your simmies. I am making founders for my town, but I'd much prefer if I could actually make memories for them. I was just wondering if this is possible? I know you can change and remove memories, but can you add them? If so, how would I do that? I am thinking about adding 'fell in love for the first time', 'fell in love with (sim)', 'got engaged to (sim)', got married to (sim)', etc.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 4:00 PM
Is this what you are askin? If not then please disregard :D
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 6:17 PM Last edited by maxon : 21st Feb 2015 at 9:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
Hey. So I hope this thread belongs in the help, I think it does since it's a question about SimPE and stuff.

Anyways... I know that when you are in CAS (and neighborhood view), you can write a little bio for your simmies. I am making founders for my town, but I'd much prefer if I could actually make memories for them. I was just wondering if this is possible? I know you can change and remove memories, but can you add them? If so, how would I do that? I am thinking about adding 'fell in love for the first time', 'fell in love with (sim)', 'got engaged to (sim)', got married to (sim)', etc.

Yes, perfectly possible to add them - I do that all the time. If you get into the memory editor in SimPE, you will see what is possible. There's an 'add memory' button on the right hand side plus a couple of arrows which allow you to move the memories around. Just don't delete anything you don't recognise.

For memories, you need an owner - the memory editor defaults this to the person whose memories you are editing. If in doubt, press the little button that says 'me'.

Some memories require an object/target - that is what shows as an icon in game. For instance, with the 'Met ....' memories, you need to point the memory at the sim (or pet) who your sim has met. You do this through the drop down list. There are two of those. One is for sims, the other for objects/things (like jobs, for example). Choose the right one. However, don't worry too much because you can edit these at any point, delete or whatever. If you make a mistake, the game will just display the memory incorrectly and you can come back and edit it again. You can't, with this type of memory, cause corruption. Not all memories require an object. It's a good idea, BTW, to clean out the gossip memories every so often (batbox).

You can delete these memories too. And also the blue 'gossip' memories. However, don't delete anything else, especially the tokens (in grey), unless you know what you are doing. Green stuff is what your sim has in inventory. Don't delete these unless you have a problem of some sort - just take stuff out of the inventory in game.

Commit and save to save the changes. Ask me questions, if you like, this is one of my specialities.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 9:29 PM
@maxon Well, I do have some questions.

I decided to bring Bella back, and of course, if you bring her back by using the Tombstone of L&D (because she has the death token) she will soon die/disappear unless you do the SimPE way which is to first remove the death token, then spawn her in with TOLD. But the problem is, she will have no memories.

I went ahead into SimPE and fixed her relationship with Mortimer, and I thought, what if you do it the disappearing way then save then use SimPE?

By this I mean if I were to go into Pleasantview and spawn the TOLD, spawn her in, would she have her memories? If so, I would save then go into SimPE and remove the death token. Would this save all of her memories or no?

Edit: I went into SimPE and found she has no memories to begin with. *sigh* Which memories would she have if the whole death token never happened? Like if she were to be alive and well, with all of her memories and the abduction. Because apparently I need to add them all in...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 10:10 PM
I just remove her unlink so she will be relinked back to here family then use the bone phone to resurrect her.

Look in Morts. memories and add what he has for relationship with her and add the other toddler skills not added to Morts memories you will also need to add baby to her for both kids.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 10:28 PM Last edited by maxon : 24th Mar 2015 at 9:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
Edit: I went into SimPE and found she has no memories to begin with. *sigh* Which memories would she have if the whole death token never happened? Like if she were to be alive and well, with all of her memories and the abduction. Because apparently I need to add them all in...

I was going to say I have no idea because I've never resurrected her but what you've found doesn't surprise me because I imagine that sim was made simply to appear in the memories of her family and was never played. I mean I don't know because I don't play EAxis families but I imagine that's what happened. The set up for the hoods was all pretty slapdash* - like the Grimmy thing with Nervous. It was just set to to appear that Grimmy was the father, not that he actually was. Nervous is a CAS made sim as far as I can tell. So there'd be no memories for Bella originally I would guess.

You can add any memories you want though. I'd start with 'Met Mortimer', 'Made best friends with Mortimer', 'Went Steady with Mortimer', 'First Kiss with Mortimer' and so on up to 'Had Alexander' and fill in from there. Once you've added the memories, the sims don't know any different.

*Though I have to say I'm doing exactly that with a sim in Polgannon.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 9:18 PM
Um, if you use Tarlia's fixed hoods and a hack to block memory deletion on townies, Bella's got all her memories. So if you're using fixed hoods, which you really ought to, if you possibly can, since they last much longer, you'll have the memories for Bella, and she'll be wandering around as a townie from the beginning.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh