Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 12:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Issues with AnyGameStarter
So...I'm back again. Gee, problems just seem to follow me everywhere.

Anyway, now that my game is actually working, I thought I'd do something productive and download AnyGameStarter. I've never used it before, but I pretty much know how it works.

Just to test, I decided to create a game and picked Pets randomly, I also went ahead and created an empty game. It worked fine, and created a shortcut for launch on my desktop. Inserted my Pets disc, and started the AnyGame. After starting, it tells me that I'm running the wrong version of The Sims 2 and that I should run Mansion & Garden Stuff instead. However, when I took out the disc and tried again, it tells me to insert the Pets disc.

I decided to erase that AnyGame and create a new one, with both Pets and Mansion & Garden Stuff to see what happens. This time, the game actually started up. But when it got to the neighbourhood selection screen, it had all of the neighbourhoods, even though I had told it to create an empty game.

I know that AnyGameStarter works by changing the registry, and every time I start the AnyGames I get a bunch of dialogues saying "Do you wish to allow this program to make changes to your computer?" with the regedit icon. Usually about 1-2 before the game/wrong game dialogue comes up, and then about 3-4 more after closing the game or the dialogue.

I am just totally at a loss here, any help would be appreciated.

(I am on Windows 8, btw. Could it be because of this? I tried Googling around, but I didn't find anything connecting Windows 8 and AnyGameStarter.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 1:22 PM
First you need to put the disk in that you want for the AGS and it will tell you that you have the wrong disk but don't worry for you just need to cancel out, now you can start up your Pets AGS game and it should work.

Auto-run always does that.

Windows 8 sucks for this and I had to turn off UAC and make my doc folder read and write plus make the Sims 2 folder in Programs to read and write before it would work for me.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
First you need to put the disk in that you want for the AGS and it will tell you that you have the wrong disk but don't worry for you just need to cancel out, now you can start up your Pets AGS game and it should work.

Auto-run always does that.

Windows 8 sucks for this and I had to turn off UAC and make my doc folder read and write plus make the Sims 2 folder in Programs to read and write before it would work for me.

I disabled UAC, restarted and tried again, and now I do get a dialogue saying that it's the wrong disc. But when I cancel it out, nothing happens.