Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 5:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Who is Kitty Jalowitz???? And what is she doing to my game???
Ok so Kitty Jalowitz was walking by my house in Pleasantview (Sims 2 UC). My Pregnant sim wanted to meet someone new and started up a conversation. She tried to network and get my character to work in the military career track (she said she was the boss and wanted new people to work for her), which I declined, and they continued to hang out. There was a lot of attraction there, also like the third thing she did was talk to my sim's belly. she has a family aspiration so I decided to try a threesome type deal and moved Kitty into the house, before there was any Woohooing I made sure Kitty was using the inTeen birth control (because the original two who had had a one night stand both got pregnant and had a shot gun wedding equivalent already). So I was surprised to hear the you got pregnant noise. I used the Sim manipulator mod and checked and Kitty was pregnant and figured I didn't click the birth control right.

When I went to play that family again, Kitty didn't show up as a selectable sim although she was in the family and everyone had the memories, etc. to go with that and she showed up on the title screen for the family. Despite offering me a job in the military it says she works at a bakery, and that first morning when she was going to work I got the pop up, sent her outside, but she never went to work, I din't hear honking, and she never got in trouble. Then when I went to check how long she had been pregnant with the sim modifier it said she wasn't pregnant, but inTeen did. she did get the belly (most likely at the normal time) and after the next shut down/save of the game Sim Modifier recognised that she was pregnant and she appeared in the selectable sim list.

Her baby was born third, plus the three parents and the grandmother that living on the lot that only made 7 people (I have a larger household mod, and the only mod I added after meeting her in game was one for jump rope to increase fitness mod). Her baby doesn't appear on the title screen when I go to play the family but the baby is there in the game just like the other two babies.

There are just all these weird little glitches surrounding her that I tried to find her info on Simswiki and google and here and I cannot finder her. she appears in SimPE in the family but she is glitchy there too. I wanted her to have the memory of getting engaged to the two other characters, it wouldn't add in an engagement unless I copy/pasted in an engagement from a different character and then changed the names attached to the engagement memory to suit my purposes.

Before someone yells at me for having mods in the game and messing with SimPE I would like to point out that she was glitchy before I used SimPE to change her memories. I've used InTeen birth control on NPC and Townies before to prevent my character from getting pregnant, and that was the only mod directly used on her in the early hours of meeting her. I have backups of the neighbourhood (before and after Kitty) so I can get rid of her, I just like the family as it is and don't want to.

Has anyone else seen her? Is she always glitchy, like I described? Why can't I find her anywhere? I even checked the bios for all the Kitty's and Jalowitz's in the game to see if the name just got messed up and I still couldn't find her.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 6:20 PM
She's an OFB townie .
She's not naturally glitchy. I don't have Inteen or the SM, I don't know what YOU've done to her (I'm not yelling, though^^)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 6:21 PM
She is a townie that comes with OFB, but she's an employee at Gilbert Jacquet's bakery. Her name is randomized in every game. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Trina_Dalton

Quote: Originally posted by draechaeli
Despite offering me a job in the military it says she works at a bakery

This is normal; the networking that comes with AL always offers random positions that have nothing to do with the offering sim's actual career.

Quote:
and that first morning when she was going to work I got the pop up, sent her outside, but she never went to work, I din't hear honking, and she never got in trouble.

I've had this happen before but honestly don't remember why. I think all I had to do to fix was have them 'walk to work' but honestly it's been a long time since I've seen this so I can't recall what happened. I'm pretty sure the sim was in their first trimester too.

I've never had issues with her, or any of the other issues you're mentioning with other sims. I don't use inTeen and don't do the kinds of things you do with SimPE.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 10:22 PM
Also she is an adult, so why would you need to use inteen. I would suggest checking out that inteen isn't clashing with something, it is well known to clash with a number of other mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#5 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Also she is an adult, so why would you need to use inteen. I would suggest checking out that inteen isn't clashing with something, it is well known to clash with a number of other mods.

Inteen is for more than just gettin teens pregnant. It has alot of other things with it as well and one of those things is birth control, which is what the OP said they used.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 6:18 AM
Thanks well at least she isn't a random non-existent sim. I'll see if the baby makes it to toddler all right before deciding to scrap the game and go with a back up. Seriously though that birth control has never failed me before!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 10:09 AM
That birth control failed so many times in my hood that I got rid of Inteen.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 3:08 PM
Don't you have to choose "Try for Baby" to get pregnant anyway? Or does InTeen change that? (I don't use it, so forgive the dumb question)
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 8:35 PM
It introduces a Risky chance of them getting pregnant when you have normal Woohoo. Try for Baby ups the chances way higher but it's not 100% certain they'll get pregnant (had to try four times with a couple before they were expecting). The birth control helps but I believe it has a 2% failure rate.

There is a Flavor Pak (addon) for the mod that prevents birth control from failing.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 3:05 PM
Good to know about the birth control. It failed when another character of mine was visiting a friend and got the resident pregnant, I figured it was because the OC was acting as an NPC at the time.

I liked to report that Kitty no longer gives me problems! I figured it would fix itself when I made a post about her.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
She's an OFB townie .
She's not naturally glitchy. I don't have Inteen or the SM, I don't know what YOU've done to her (I'm not yelling, though^^)

I meant to reply to this directly earlier, I am going to just assume you're magic. as since you've told me this I've have been 80% more success in finding Sims! My Bill Raha is really Alec Benson (which possibly changes his nationality from English origin to Indian) but it took me forever to find another sim and then the next one the only match I could find is a child instead of a teen and I never remember aging her up.

So you are magic or have a quick trick for finding sims, thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 4:46 PM
Sadly, I'm not. I tried speaking to snakes but either they didn't understand, or they instinctively disliked me and decided not to answer

I use this list on the simwikia, it helps identify those townies who don't always have the same name (downtownies, dormies, OFB townies...)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
It introduces a Risky chance of them getting pregnant when you have normal Woohoo. Try for Baby ups the chances way higher but it's not 100% certain they'll get pregnant (had to try four times with a couple before they were expecting). The birth control helps but I believe it has a 2% failure rate.

There is a Flavor Pak (addon) for the mod that prevents birth control from failing.

Yes Try and put 91 Sims on birth control - it just is tooooo much work. Besides, I don't really like unplanned pregnancies - not in real life and not in my game either