Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Tracker

by RebaLynnTS Posted 1st Jan 2012 at 8:15 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:50 PM by Nysha

176 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 8
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 12:53 AM
This is....the best thing ever....I love you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#77 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 11:22 PM
I'm not sure if I'll use this but this sure is handy! I've got the organization skills of a dead flea but I'm thinking, with a story I'm trying to set up, this might... be something I need!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#78 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 12:48 PM
I've always wanted to keep notes on my Sims but it seemed like so much work. This makes it so easy to get everything organized...and it's pretty fun to go through and add and link sims. Amazing program.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#79 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 3:48 PM
RebaLynnTS, it is clear how much work you've put into this, and it is amazing. I already have an access database for my sims, so I may not use it, but I can see that you are tracking oodles of info that I don't currently keep info on. Nice work--really awesome tool here.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 12:51 AM
MagickDog, Moon Jaguar, selmadequeen, M3g7e ... Thank you all very much.

I am adding a lot of printing functions right now, and updating the help section. The next update might be a few weeks if no-one reports any more problems.

It's your life, live it your way!
Want to see what else I make, go to www.rlm-soft.com and check it out.
Find out what's happening with Sim Tracker
---
Test Subject
#81 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 7:59 PM
I have been searching for this program because I had something similar before. I truly grateful for ur hard work and dedication to this site and the people who look for different programs.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#82 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 7:13 PM
Make sure you check back often, I am still making changes, and improvements.
Test Subject
#83 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 12:00 AM Last edited by garanto9 : 3rd Mar 2012 at 2:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by tiffyt11206
I deleted a spouse and when a window popped up asking me if I wanted to delete it from the other sim as well I said yes, now everytime I do anything I get the window that says "Can't read sims spouses!". I click ok a few times and it goes away but when I go to the next sim it does the same one. It's a bit annoying and I am not sure if it's messing anything up. What gives? How do I fix?

I must say I'm really grateful for this tool, I was also using notes to keep track of hundreds of sims. (I'm currently trying to fix my neighborhood's corruption... and those notes help me a lot to understand the changes I need to make before opening SimPE). Also checking the notes you made it's always faster than loading the neighborhood each time you want to remember something...

But I'm using the last version and I'm having that error too... I'll try to reinstall and restore the backup to see if that works. (edit: yes, it worked)

I would recomend other people to keep backups well updated. The problem is that if you load too many information as quickly as I do, you'll need to create one backup after another (after my last backup I added at least 50 sims...) but I think it's worthy. Though adding information by hand takes time, I like being able to choose each time exactly what to add and what to ignore. Yes, it can become a nightmare... but now it can be fun!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#84 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:29 AM
If you get another error, please let me know what it is. The more of them I can fix, the better the program will be.

I also want to thank the person that sent me a donation (first one). It will come in very handy. As I am disabled, and living on only social security (Of-course that means I have lots of time to spend on the Sim Tracker).
Test Subject
#85 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:56 PM
Well, probably someone else reported this already but from the start I was getting an error each time I selected a sim... otherwise I could send you the details (they're in spanish but probably you can guess, something like "Object reference not set to an instance of an object")
I was already using MS .NET Framework 4 with no problems (on Vista 32bits) when I installed.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#86 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 4:39 AM
Send me the report, I can have it translated. Make sure you have the latest version of Sim Tracker first, however. Many things have been fixed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#87 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:38 PM
OK, I found and fixed the problem, please download version 1.194, that should fix it.

---
Test Subject
#88 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 2:01 AM
Hi, I'm going to start a prosperity hood soon and this program is a timesaver.

Just downloaded the newest version tonight and installed it over my old version. The older version had three sims in one household (see screenshot001). It says that there is only one sim in the household and throws up an error message when I try to access the other two (see screenshot002). I also copy/pasted the error message so you could see all of it.

Used several older versions without any problems.

Hope this helps
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Sim Tracker.rar (1.3 KB, 8 downloads)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#89 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 4:58 AM
I know what's going on, I'll need a couple of days to go over the code to make sure I catch all of the possible issues.

As far as the house listing not showing some of the sims. I'll have a solution for that as well. I ran into the issue myself, just today, when I added a non-family member, non-roommate to a household. Look for an update by wednesday (sorry for the problems, the new things I added seem to be causing more problems than expected).
Test Subject
#90 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 12:24 PM Last edited by knowledgeSim : 5th Mar 2012 at 12:49 PM.
The latest version doesn't seem to fix the problem either (same error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object") but... you mentioned something about a problem with the Quick View when there wasn't an age selected, so that gave me the idea to try and see which basic information it's missing from my sims tabs... I knew ages couldn't be the problem, as everytime I'm addding a sim to a household, I'm selecting gender and age... but the thing that's missing from the sim everytime I get that error, is the primary aspiration! Adding that, I don't get that error anymore! That's why I was never getting an error when selecting a kid... So, I hope this helps now to solve the problem (a tiny one, now that I know the reason... I'm currently adding that information to all of them.)

And again, thanks for all your hard work into improving an already valuable tool.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#91 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 4:12 PM
I went back through, and added several checks to the Sim Quick View to keep this from popping up in the next update.

I'll be doing some more testing today, and if all goes well, I will post the new update this afternoon.

Just use the new version checker in the help menu once in a while to see when it is posted (later I plan to have it check for updates automatically, when first opened.

---
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 10:02 PM
Yes, I found the new check option, it will come in handy. Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#93 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:25 PM
Updated to Version 1.1.9.5

Fixed: Sim Quick View causing errors.
Fixed: Program running slow.
Fixed: Some house members not showing in members list.

---
Test Subject
#94 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:02 AM
Hi again

Downloaded the latest version of this program earlier today and started imputing custom content (skin, eyes, hair, etc) before I put on my sims.

Ran into some problems when I was imputing custom hair colors. Put several in wrong and it will not let me edit or delete them. It also throwing up an error message (see attached). Didn't notice any problems with eyes or skin colors.

Had to manually link the two missing sims to my household, but at least they are showing up now.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Error (03-06-12).rar (1.3 KB, 8 downloads)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#95 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 6:28 PM
Found the problem, will have a fix up in a few minutes.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#96 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 3:38 AM
Version 1.1.9.6

Fixed: Personality bars not resetting properly.
Fixed: Problems adding, and editing custom hair colors.

Added: Work days to work hours report.

---
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#97 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 10:59 PM
Thanks this is great, it will make it so much easier to keep track of my neighborhood for The Victorian Population Challenge
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#98 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 6:52 PM
Version 1.1.9.7

Fixed: Error after deleting a sim with out removing it from a household first. Now when you delete a sim that is in a household, the household list will be updated automatically.
Fixed: Same type of error if sim was a roommate.

---
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#99 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 9:03 PM
Version 1.1.9.8

Fixed: Moving a house to a new neighborhood did not update the sims in the house correctly.

Added: Grandparent check to Is Family check.
Added: Mod Settings page (This section is not finished).
Added: Video Library page (This section is not finished).
Added: When adding a new Sim in the Sim List, if a household is sellected, you will be given an option to add the new sim to the household.

---
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 12:00 AM
This is so wonderful. Thank you so much for all your work on this.
Page 4 of 8