Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 2:19 AM
Default Help required defaulting an object.
Hoping this is the right place to post this.

In the middle of recolouring the seasons country bedroom furniture I can across a slight mapping problem with the 'The Crustikus Dresser by Earl Crustikus IV'. I've remapped the dresser but unfortunately I don't know how to make a default replacement.

Searching for tutorials I found they all appear to be for bodyshop and confused the heck out of me. Does anyone know of a very easy tutorial for defaulting objects or would someone with experience be willing to help me learn how to do it. My SimPE knowledge is very basic but I do tend to pick things up pretty quickly.

Any help will be much appreciated, thank you.
Screenshots

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 8:35 PM
I never did this, but I might be more used to SimPE, so if you're still stuck with this maybe I figure something out. (There's not much more hope for a thread that didn't get an answer after two days, sorry. xD)

I just had a look at another mapping fix and it only contains the GMDC, so I guess that's where the info about the mapping is stored?
You don't need to replace the whole dresser with your fixed one then. You just need the GMDC of yours to override the other one. Theoratically, if you extract the original GMDC of the dresser, add it to a package, right click/replace it with yours and look that the filename doesn't get changed, that might work.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 12:25 AM
@sam&skye - I had realised help wasn't going to be forthcoming, after a day or two. I'll try that and see if it works, thanks hun.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 12:52 PM
If you don't get it done maybe you could attach your dresser here, I'd sorta like to have a look at it. (Trying to learn this stuff here myself)
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 10:28 AM
@sam&skye - Oh hun, it's so simple, I found a very easy to follow and understand tutorial by celebkiriedhel HERE. To tell the truth I didn't even have to read it, just looked at the pictures and then it took under a minute to do the default.

Now I just need to finish the recolours take screenshots and then I can upload.

If you still want to check it out...HERE it is:
Attached files:
File Type: zip  CrustikusDresser-RemappedDEFAULT-ByMichelle.zip (45.8 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content

Instructor
#6 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 5:28 PM
WTF. Maybe I need to learn googling first of all, how did this tutorial hide from me so long?