Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2014 at 1:56 PM
Default Multiple Recolors in SimPE
Hello all! Old dog here, hoping to learn a new trick.

I'm using SimPE to recolor custom content, and doing quite well actually. I just can't figure out how to do more than one recolor without closing out of SimPE completely and starting all over for each recolor.

When I rebuild over previous recolors the packages are created but only the last recolor shows up in game. I've tried using the "Startover" and "Previous" buttons, but that creates errors. "Next" is greyed out. I've looked for a refresh button or something similar but can't find one.

I'm probably overlooking the obvious, right? I tend to do that.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th May 2014 at 11:50 AM
You should be using the start over button. What error does that create?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2014 at 7:28 PM
Thank you for your reply!

The error reads: "The process cannot access the file [file location and name] because it is being used by another process."

When I click on the "Details" link in the error box and then close out of that box, I get this message in the Object Workshop Window:

"SimPE was unable to create the Object. A possible reason could be, that the selected Object is not CEP enabled, or that you did Interrupt the creation process.

"Another reason might be, that the selected Object "borrows" it's Textures from a Parent Object. In that case you would need to work with the Parent Object."

It's the same object I was just using, so it can't be that it's not CEP enabled. And, while it's possible that every different object I try to recolor (EA or custom) borrows it's texture from a parent, I doubt that's the case. But I could be wrong; I often am

Thanks again for the reply. It's appreciated.