Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 6:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Showtime
Default OT (sorta) could you send me a link to a laptop
that is compatible with the sims3?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 6:34 PM
Without knowing your budget and what else you would be doing with a new computer, this is rather difficult. You might want to rummage in the following forum a bit.

http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=563

Generally, store clerks tend to underestimate the Sims3 when it comes to what it needs to run properly, so info here is better for your purposes. I learnt how to build a computer with all this info.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 9:59 PM
I get most of my hardware from TigerDirect or NewEgg, both are reliable and always have specials running. Tigerdirect also usually has good deals on refurbished equipment (items returned under warranty, checked out by the manufacturer, and resold, with warranty); one of my neighbors got an $1100 HP laptop for less than $400 this way.

Without knowing your budget or what, besides Sims3, you will use the computer for, it is difficult to make a recommendation. But for Sims3 I would say at least a 2.5gig CPU and 8gig RAM, and I think Win7 is better for gaming than W8, something such as this: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...u=LEO-102991576
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nimrod2
I get most of my hardware from TigerDirect or NewEgg, both are reliable and always have specials running. Tigerdirect also usually has good deals on refurbished equipment (items returned under warranty, checked out by the manufacturer, and resold, with warranty); one of my neighbors got an $1100 HP laptop for less than $400 this way.

Without knowing your budget or what, besides Sims3, you will use the computer for, it is difficult to make a recommendation. But for Sims3 I would say at least a 2.5gig CPU and 8gig RAM, and I think Win7 is better for gaming than W8, something such as this: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...u=LEO-102991576

Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 12:51 PM
I am going to buy this laptop which was recommended from tescos , it has 8 RAM, 12GB memory, 2TB storage AMD radeon R5 graphics, does this sound ideal?
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prettymiley
I am going to buy this laptop which was recommended from tescos , it has 8 RAM, 12GB memory, 2TB storage AMD radeon R5 graphics, does this sound ideal?

RAM = memory, so your specs make not much sense the way you describe it. Is there a link to the laptop?

Ignoring that, it's probably fine. What processor does it have?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 10:29 PM
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 11:15 PM
CPU is a bit slow (2.2gig), though is quad core. Radeon R5 is not very good for gaming. Resolution is only 1366 x 768 pixels ...but on a 15" screen. Its best points are 12gig RAM and a 2Tb hard drive. A good generic laptop but not a good game system.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 8:24 AM
I'm just going to get the one you posted
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 10:01 AM
The AMD A8 is fine if you don't have all the expansions but it starts getting problematic the more EPs and CC are added. I played with one for a while in a desktop but had to upgrade eventually.

I'm no good with laptops for gaming, so I hope you'll find something suitable!