Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 5:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Trying to get Sims 3 to recognize my graphics card using the wiki article
Hello everyone,

I recently found all of my sims 3 disks and reinstalled them on my new(ish) laptop. I got the laptop back in october sometime, but have yet to play sims 3 on it. I have had to configure the graphics card for other games and do little tweaks for it so it was of no surprise that I discovered it was going to have an issue with sims 3. I was just a bit surprised because sims 4 works great.

I googled and googled and finally came to the article here http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...by%20the%20game

I got up to the GraphicsRules.sgr point and was completely lost. I know for a fact the game is not recognizing my card (due to the "found 0" dialogue on the deviceconfig.log). From what I can decipher I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics Family (by doing the dxdiag command). Vendor #8086 and device #0a16. I just have no idea what to even begin searching for in the GraphicsRules.sgr. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 11:53 PM
Okay, I will try that. However I think it had something to do with windows 10. I recently upgraded, and frustrated with my sims 3 decided to load up sims 4 and even THAT wouldn't work now (never had any problems before) and it was giving me the same error about being blocked from accessing graphic hardware. So I just reverted back to windows 8, but I have to reinstall the sims 3 again (since I installed them while I had 10). If I have the same problem I'll do that, thanks!

I'm not sure if it was a texture memory error, it was just would say "Application blocked from accessing graphic hardware" and then the screen would go dark but the music and program would still be running. And when it did run the graphics were all glitchy and flickery.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 6:02 AM
Because I was so eager. An eager beaver.

But this seems to have fixed the problem actually. Sims 4 works, sims 3 is working pretty good so far with no graphical issues. I haven't installed any CC yet but I've installed all my EPs and stuff packs, no weird glitchy crap or error messages. However, I looked at the deviceconfig.log and it still said it wasn't recognizing the graphics card so I went ahead and fixed it per your instructions. Hopefully I have learned a lesson about jumping into brand new OSs. Thank you again!