Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 8:34 PM
Default What do you like about Seasons?
I just got Seasons in the mail from Bestbuy, and I'm installing it now, I'm so excited! :D

Anyways, I know that a lot of people love this EP, so tell me, what do you like most about it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 8:46 PM
Fishing and gardening. I like to be able to have sims live off the land, and fishing is a Big Deal to my core families.

I also always hated how sims lived in a perpetually lush drought. They overdo the weather a lot (too many thunderstorms in the summer, says the Texan) but at least there is some now. And I love to watch snowball fights.

Beware losing homework and bills under snowbanks, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 9:45 PM
Love the gardening and fishing but could easily live without the actual weather, I loathe the snow (only because the tiny lag) but paradoxically love the snowmen. I also love the little boosts with the various seasons especially the learning boost in autumn.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 9:48 PM
Fishing, gardening, the fact that different seasons give different effects (winter = boost to family interactions; spring = boost to romantic interactions; summer = boost to friendly interactions; fall = faster skilling), the new careers (education gives bookcase of learning, enabling you to learn all skills by reading, and also skills up faster; gamer gives a huge pinball machine that pays you to play; law gives you a podium which pays you to practise speeches).

The weather effects can get a little annoying (especially when it's stormy and trees keep on getting hit by lightning and catch fire), and be aware that houses need to be weather-proof: the social worker will come and take away any kid that gets too hot or too cold.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 9:51 PM Last edited by Simonut : 17th Jan 2011 at 10:08 PM.
What is there not to like about Seasons ? It is loads of fun and each seasons bring about different events. In the fall all sims can learn faster ( like skills ) Spring is a time for love and spring cleaning ( like tending to your garden ) Summer is all about friends and being outside, and Summer is also the only season for a certain kind of preciptation like "Hail" and watch out for those thunder & lighting storms. ( protect your sims sent them inside )

Winter is family time and gift giving fun in the snow like snow fights or building a snowman. But also you need to watch your sims that they do not get over heated in the summer or overly cold in the winter, the sims "temperature Meter" is located just to the right of your active sim's portrait. ( just a few tips )

There are Mods that will help you with controlling their temperature ( if you need them ) so they will not pass out or drop dead. (lol ) Oh one more thing Season added objects like an ice skating ring etc, and four new career tracks like Gamer, Adventurer, etc. All and all there is everything to love about Seasons. :lovestruc

@ WooHoo31 Do not forget to get your Seasons patches, but I am sure you know this already.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 11:22 PM
Nothing.

This is a signature, worship it and it will love you forever.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 12:22 AM
All the pretty changes in appearance of the game's environment. Also, leftovers.

Gardening has already been praised, though I will add that it's a perfect time-consumer for retired elders in particular.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut

@ WooHoo31 Do not forget to get your Seasons patches, but I am sure you know this already.

Thanks for reminding me! I almost forgot. :P

Anyways, I played it for a little bit. It's okay so far, but I've only gotten into a little of Fall so far, so there's still a lot more for me to get through before I can say my final opinion on it. I do like that skills and homework is done faster in Fall.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 3:36 AM
Apple juice also helps Sims complete homework faster. I think it may also help college Sims complete assignments faster, I'll have to take a closer look at that.
Inventor
#10 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 10:41 AM
All learning; homework, gaining skills, and completing homework are given a boost in the fall - even if using items, like career rewards that boost learning. The effect is cumulative.

I have all my hoods and subhoods in perpetual fall. If I want a change, then I just add a bit of summer. With Seasons, my sims can spend a lot of time outside, which makes the game much more enjoyable for me. For that reason, I tend to spend my sims' money on garden stuff before a lot of indoor decor when they start earning a decent amount of money.

Having gardens, making juice from the produce and fishing are some of my favorite activities in the game. And they go very well with OFB shops. Probably add quite a bit to FreeTime features as well, but I do not have that one.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 11:39 AM
The penguin. He shows up on lots even in the summer! Love that little guy. The turning of the trees is a nice touch.
As for the weather effects, I loath winter in real life (living in a very cold state does that to you) and I disable winter in the game. The rest of the seasons are all right, though-I do like the realism of the thunderstorms-even though you can have hacks to disable it, I always have lightening on in my game. I also play dangerously-none of my houses have lightening rods.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 2:25 AM
I love the rain, the snow, the falling leaves, the changing of the seasons. Finally, my simmies seem like they're in the real world.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#13 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 2:45 AM
The weather is incredible for the first few months, and then you get tired of the THUNDER!!!! crashing and flashing. I still dig it from time to time, but the best part of Seasons is the gardening and fishing. Plus, I know I'd miss the weather if I didn't have it. It's one of the many reasons most of my Simming is done with Sims2 and not Sims3.
Test Subject
#14 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 7:22 AM
In my opinion I like Seasons its very realistic then just having one weather you get to have new clothes to adapt to the season gardening, fishing, and I do belive there's Ice Skating
Inventor
#15 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 7:28 AM
I love everything about Seasons. :3 I was so excited when I got it, I love the sounds of rain and watching houses getting covered in snow and falling leaves in Autumn. It's such a great EP, probably my favourite.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 11:45 AM Last edited by zumppe : 20th Jan 2011 at 1:34 PM.
I love the rain (I also love rain IRL), but I wish it really could just RAIN without the damn thunder. I'm so sick of the constant lightnings and fires and stuff, it's NOT realistic that a lightning strikes like 3 times in one night on the same lot...

I'd like the peaceful feeling of gentle summer rain, the stupid too-frequent-extremes bug me.

EDIT: Went to play Dirk and Angela in PV after writing this, and had two lightning strikes on their lot within one sim hour. Sigh.
And the dialog box saying "gotta run, be more careful next time" or whatever the firemen say, yeah, well, careful of what? Lightning-loving game programmers who can't make realistic weather?? XD
Alchemist
#17 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 4:23 PM
Seasons.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 5:08 PM
I love the weather but hate how the Sims always have to go look at the weather. How often do you run to the window to watch it rain??
Scholar
#19 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 7:32 PM
I love seasons in general: Weather,outerwear, seasonal activity, etc...It adds a level of realism that I'd really miss. Its one of my favorite EPs.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 12:45 AM
Everything! I love raining mornings, I love heavy-snowing winter nights, I love how my Sims get sun-strokes, if they stay out under the sun for too long during the summer; I love the Autumn falling leaves and all the gardening the Sims have to do. Seasons is one my favourite EPs. I am in love with it.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 12:46 PM
I loved the different seasons! Before my PC crashed, I had winter turned off as it slowed my bigger lots down. But when I get a new gaming PC, I can't wait to see it again. I love the snowangels and watching it fall!
I really like fishing. I had just gotten into gardening. I love watching the thunderstorms.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by x0xkitkat
I love the weather but hate how the Sims always have to go look at the weather. How often do you run to the window to watch it rain??

I always sit by the window and watch the rain.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#23 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I always sit by the window and watch the rain.

I do that too. I like the sound of rain, the way the air smells during and after rain, and the look of greenery after the rain. The watch rain/snow animation isn't annoying, though I do find it strange sometimes when my sims wakes up just to admire the rain/snow.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 4:46 PM
Having weather is so much more realistic than having no climate whatsoever. It looks cool and I think all the weather-associated activities are really cute, like having snowball fights and making snowmen, raking leaves, water balloon fights, getting sunburnt, etc. It's one of those EPs that makes a difference to your game in every single household, unlike BV, for example where the features are only used in specific circumstances. I also like that each season affects your sims in different ways. Autumn helps with skill building, spring with romance, etc.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 8:26 PM
I like having the ability to set seasons so they make some sort of sense. My Uberhood Pleasantview is tropical (summer/summer/fall/spring), Veronaville is temperate rain-forest (spring/spring/fall/fall), and so on.
But I think the best part is sims being able to be all back-to-the-land. I just wish Freetime had included the ability to make furniture as well as clothing, then they could really be self-sufficient. The Ottomas are a great family to play this way. I'm not, at the moment, but once you've got them patched, they're perfect for the lifestyle.
Page 1 of 2