Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 7:38 AM
Default Bug : Human Copy of your Vampire Sim running round.
Ive been getting the odd memory "XX has riden in a limo" while sitting at home working on skills. I assumed this was an odd bug with Gen but while out hitting the hot spots of Bridgeport I ran across my "double"

Same name same look other than hes human and my main is a vamprie.
Seems that when I make changes to the vampires clothes or tattoos the "double" goes though the same change.

Anyone else ran into this??
Screenshots

The dance of death can be a celbration of life for those that know the steps.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 9:38 AM
I have experienced the "double" problem before, though I haven't tried to see if clothing changes on the main character, also happen on the double.

When that happened, I invited the double over, and then used MC to remove the double with "Total Annihilation." No negative moodlets or anything; it's as if the double never existed.

After doing that, I didn't seem to experience any problems afterward.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 10:29 AM
Cool deal. Other than the annoying memory over lapping Ive not seen not had issues with him. But I do plan on getting rid of him. My partner did make a plausible suggestion as to what may have caused it ... When a CAS sim gets turned into a vampire or whatever, the base copy is still in the sims bin. Seems like he was moved out of the bin an into the city to roam as a townie and do as he saw fit. Got a job as a piano player and was making a decent name for himself.

The dance of death can be a celbration of life for those that know the steps.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deathdancer
Cool deal. Other than the annoying memory over lapping Ive not seen not had issues with him. But I do plan on getting rid of him. My partner did make a plausible suggestion as to what may have caused it ... When a CAS sim gets turned into a vampire or whatever, the base copy is still in the sims bin. Seems like he was moved out of the bin an into the city to roam as a townie and do as he saw fit. Got a job as a piano player and was making a decent name for himself.

That sounds about right.

That's why I remove my actives from the bin and only save them in there if I want them as townies in another save.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deathdancer
When a CAS sim gets turned into a vampire or whatever, the base copy is still in the sims bin. Seems like he was moved out of the bin an into the city to roam as a townie and do as he saw fit. Got a job as a piano player and was making a decent name for himself.

The unpatched game used to randomly move in clones from the library but one of the first few patches fixed it. But your case is different because if a clone from the bin is moved into town they have the same name and appearance but are a completely separate person so changes to one of them won't affect the other one, but you say that when you change the appearance of your sim the other one also changes. Very strange!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 12:51 PM
Evil clones are a bug in the game. AwesomeMod includes a command to nuke them, "nukeimpostors" or somesuch.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.