Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 8:17 AM
Default Anyone still haveing the ruined family tree bug?
I have Generations and the patch. I went to Champs Les Sims to find a husband becuase my town had no single men apperently. When I returned, my sims were no longer cousins, Some sims still had grandparents etc int he family tree but others were no longer related. The main reason I play is to bring a generation as far down as I can..Now I wont be able to track it at all.

Has anyone esle had this in generations? I got it before generations but i wouldnt even be able to access the family tree at all, or if I did access it, it was blank.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jenni-Girl
I have Generations and the patch. I went to Champs Les Sims to find a husband becuase my town had no single men apperently. When I returned, my sims were no longer cousins, Some sims still had grandparents etc int he family tree but others were no longer related. The main reason I play is to bring a generation as far down as I can..Now I wont be able to track it at all.

Has anyone esle had this in generations? I got it before generations but i wouldnt even be able to access the family tree at all, or if I did access it, it was blank.

I had to relocate my Sunset Valley people to a "clean" Sunset Valley due to some glitches. Once they were moved, of course all of the family relationships were lost, some even among people in the same household. As a possible solution for you, get http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=932.0 (NRass Master Controller). It lets you edit family ties.

I do know vacationing since Generations has caused some pretty big glitches.

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Forum Resident
#3 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:07 PM
That issue is probably never going to be fixed unfortunately. It's all down to the way that WA handles sending Sims on vacation. Twallan explained it to me once, but I can't find the thread, so I'll just explain as best I can.

Basically, when your Sim's go on Vacation, the game copies your Sim's to the bin, and then pastes them into the Vacation World. When they come back, it does it again, and reintegrates them back into your family. The glitches occur when something goes wrong with the reintegration, as the system was never really designed to handle that.

As I said, unlikely it will be fixed, unless EA happen to change the entire way that particular system works, and I doubt that will happen.

It could be worse though... I've had Sim's not even turn up in Vacation Worlds, just lost in the void. Maybe the plane crashed or something?

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
That issue is probably never going to be fixed unfortunately. It's all down to the way that WA handles sending Sims on vacation. Twallan explained it to me once, but I can't find the thread, so I'll just explain as best I can.

Basically, when your Sim's go on Vacation, the game copies your Sim's to the bin, and then pastes them into the Vacation World. When they come back, it does it again, and reintegrates them back into your family. The glitches occur when something goes wrong with the reintegration, as the system was never really designed to handle that.

As I said, unlikely it will be fixed, unless EA happen to change the entire way that particular system works, and I doubt that will happen.

It could be worse though... I've had Sim's not even turn up in Vacation Worlds, just lost in the void. Maybe the plane crashed or something?

Or an unfortunate transporter accident? You know how those things go in the early days...Ok...so my trekker side might be showing through again lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 5:50 AM
Hmmm looks like I should stop shopping for prospective wives and husbands in the vacation areas
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 2:02 PM Last edited by laceyharkness : 23rd Jun 2011 at 2:39 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jenni-Girl
Hmmm looks like I should stop shopping for prospective wives and husbands in the vacation areas

I wouldn't go that far, but I have noticed the biggest problem I ever had with a game was when one of my characters married someone from another country. One thing I kept having problems with her was not getting wishes. At all, she only seemed to get them while she was pregnant. I actually really miss that game, it was a lot of fun.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 7:59 PM
When I first played world adventures after Generations, I had the same glitch where you end up in the foreign land with no sims and no way to get back to my game in the home town. So I had to eliminate most of my games. I reloaded WA and it doesn't happen anymore.