Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 3:43 PM
Default Custom Bodyshape?
Hi,
first: I'm German an my English is not the best^^

There are lots of custom Bodyshapes for Sims 2 like these ones:

--> For Example Bodybuilders (klick) or women
The Creators created it with the help of custom clothes!

Is there a way to create something like this in sims 3, too?
alex_stanton1983 at TSR uploaded clothes too...for Sims 3.
Tops with pecs
A Bodybuilder top
Pants with bigger bottom

But how did he created this kind of clothes?
There is a note: Made with workshop.
Is there a Tutorial how to build custom Bodyshapes with it for sims 3?

Hope you can help me :-)
Jero
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 3:50 PM
I'm not really sure what the point of that kind of CC is in Sims 3. Why not use custom body sliders instead?

The trousers seem to just have a bigger butt than usual - you can do that with jonha's butt slider. The shirt has a bigger chest and arms than usual: you can do that with jonha's chest sliders and pcfreak147's arm size slider.

With sliders, you have much finer control, and sliders work with any clothing - you don't need special bodybuilder clothing or busty clothing or whatever, like you did in TS2. So, yeah... sliders make bodyshapes redundant.

In any case, if for some reason you still want to make bodyshapes, you can follow any clothes meshing tutorial - we have several, for CTU here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...orials#Clothing or for TSRW (Workshop) here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._TSRW_Tutorials
You don't do anything special - just change the shape of the mesh to have a bigger butt or boobs or whatever.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 4:01 PM
thx for the answer!

Yes, the sliders are a good idea, but I need the awesome mod. There are problems with the slider limits. I already discovered them^^

I only was interested about the clothes ;-) But thanks for the tutorials!

Jero
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 6:05 PM
You don't need AwesomeMod. MasterController, CORE or aWT's hack can all increase the slider limits - both in terms of making the sliders go past 100%, and in terms of allowing you to have loads of custom sliders. You can find the links for all of them in the Sims 3 Content List:Game Mods and Hackswiki - as it says there, AM, aWT's hack and CORE are all core mods; MasterController is not a core mod.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 3:10 PM

sry, i mixed them up^^
thx for the help!
Instructor
#6 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 7:16 PM
There are custom body mesh for TS3 like those in TS2.

Try to search bodybuilder in TSR.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 8:00 PM
Yes, there are, but they're pointless. You'll notice that the OP linked to the TSR bodybuilder mesh in the first post.