Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 12:20 PM
Default Skills Gaining Too Fast Since 1.22
Yes, I looked in the help section, and I couldn't find a more appropriate forum for this.

Is anyone else noticing that skills are gaining too quickly for Sims ever since the Generations install? Mine seem to be gaining at about 2x the normal speed and I don't have any skill-modifying CC.

Yeah, I know, sounds like the best glitch ever right? However, I like to play with aging off and I like it when my Sims don't accomplish everything too quickly. :/
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:24 PM
I haven't noticed the problem, perhaps other have. I do know that Vampire Sims will gain skill points faster than other Sim personalities.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:37 PM
Nah, my vampires are acting the same as ever. These are otherwise regular Sims.
Theorist
#4 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:16 PM
Skills are normal for me too

Hi I'm Paul!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:19 PM
Same here. I'd be pointing the finger at Mod conflicts if I were you. Either that or you've spammed them with skill building traits like Ambitious, and a trait in the skill you're leveling.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:00 PM
Traits aren't skill related, and I tried a test-run without CC to find no difference.

Tut. I guess I'll have to find my own solution. Thanks anyway guys.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Illu
Traits aren't skill related, and I tried a test-run without CC to find no difference.

I suggest you check out this list: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Traits Traits do effect skilling.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 6:44 PM
Are you perhaps referring to a bug that came with Late Night? This causes the skill gain modifiers to stack over time leading to insane skill gaining rates the longer you play without reloading a save. After several Sim days this could mean, for example, that a Sim would gain one or two levels in photographyby just taking one photo.
If so, then this was introduced with 1.17. I don't know whether 1.22 is supposed to have fixed this but in any case both AwesomeMod and Overwatch have functions to reset these modifiers.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
I suggest you check out this list: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Traits Traits do effect skilling.

That was my fault for not being specific. I meant the traits I had selected for my sims weren't skill-related. Or at least not 'level every sim hour' worthy.

Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Are you perhaps referring to a bug that came with Late Night? This causes the skill gain modifiers to stack over time leading to insane skill gaining rates the longer you play without reloading a save. After several Sim days this could mean, for example, that a Sim would gain one or two levels in photographyby just taking one photo.
If so, then this was introduced with 1.17. I don't know whether 1.22 is supposed to have fixed this but in any case both AwesomeMod and Overwatch have functions to reset these modifiers.

Aaah, that could be it. I haven't patched my game in a while. I'll look into this. Thankyou. :)