Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 9:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default UI is rather tiny and blocks the sim face in CAS
So I got the ultimate collection (yay!) and followed the steps to be able to get 1920x1080 and to get rid of the black rectangles under my sims. The problem is, as I said above, that the ui doesn't seem to have quite scaled right with everything else. Buy mode thumbnails are really small, making hard to find things, and in create-a-sim, the box with all the sliders and everything is smack dab in the middle of the sim's face. It's not a game breaker or anything, but it is annoying, so I was wondering if there was any way to alter the ui, either options in that options file I had to edit, or a mod, or some hidden setting, or what.

Windows 7 64bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750
Intel i7 2.93 GHz
8 GB of ram
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 10:56 PM
Could you perhaps take a screenshot?

That is actually the case for me to, that the UI is blocking a bit of my sim, I have never used this mod but it might help you with CAS

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=292745
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 11:10 PM
Run cas in windowed mode. That will fix it.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 12:18 AM
@ZenGarden: ok, I tried to do take a scrennshot, but it just ended up taking a screenshot of what was behind the game, i.e. this page :/
Scholar
#5 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JonesinForJosie
@ZenGarden: ok, I tried to do take a scrennshot, but it just ended up taking a screenshot of what was behind the game, i.e. this page :/

Do you have a printscreen button on your keyboard?
You can use that and it copies what's on your screen now at your screen's full resolution.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
Do you have a printscreen button on your keyboard?
You can use that and it copies what's on your screen now at your screen's full resolution.

That's what she did, but it just takes a print screen of the desktop instead. Same happens when I try to take one. I forgot if it was a Windows 8.1 problem or what it was.

As Leefish said, Sims either has to be in windowed mode or a screenshot program needs to be used. I've just been too lazy to do anything about it myself.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:36 PM
To get it to stop printing your desktop, you need to disable the visual themes and disable desktop composition. Right click on your sims shortcut icon, whatever that is for UC, select properties, select compatibility, and check the boxes to disable visual themes and desktop composition. That should do it.
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 3:49 PM
I run the game in windowed mode, so when I go into CAS (which, granted, I don't do that often), I change the game's resolution to 800x600, which makes everything fit properly without having to replace the CAS camera, like you'll need to do with the mod that ZenGarden linked to. Which I'm sure would work, too, but in my case I already have a modded CAS camera that I like and don't want to lose it to use that one instead. Then, when I go back to the game, I change back to my much higher widescreen resolution. It works for me but, like I said, I'm not in CAS much at all.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eliset
To get it to stop printing your desktop, you need to disable the visual themes and disable desktop composition. Right click on your sims shortcut icon, whatever that is for UC, select properties, select compatibility, and check the boxes to disable visual themes and desktop composition. That should do it.

I think this issue has been discussed before, not too long ago. I remember posting a screenshot of my Sims 2 shortcut not having the compatibility tab in a thread where a girl was having the same problem.

Sounds like an insta-fix for those who do though, so I'd call that pretty helpful.