Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#76 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 12:41 AM
Alright, so I finally finished my house for this round. Now I can feel like I have a better perspective for when the round finally ends! It's definitely not easy to build from floorplans (especially the damn closets) but I can say that completing it and having something look the way it should is VERY satisfying!

House Specifics: From Amazing Plans Floorplan SHD-SEA259
The plan states there is a crawl space or a basement available for the plans. As a crawl space is useless to sims, I went with a small basement. There were also two options for the back of the first floor (I used the second option and then melded them together in Gimp to get the correct floorplan). The optional loft has also been utilized.

The master bedroom is the room with the pattern (if you look closely you can see it on the green portion of the wall and the coverlet of the bed (both faint designs), the lamp shades, and, obviously, the sofa).
I did use 3 pieces of CC (long window, shelf, roof recolor).

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#77 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 2:50 AM
Ooh, yay, I was wondering if you were going to be able to get it done. It can be quite time consuming, isn't it? I've only ever built once from plan and I'm still working on it: then again, it's ugly in the Sims 3 so I might just scrap it and try for something else.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 8:08 PM
I'm sooo sorry about this contest not getting much interest I really feel for you i do I will try my best to stirr up some interest x I would join but I've only got Sims 2 - maybe if this one doesn't really 'work' yuo could think about doing the same thing but for Sims 2 - I would definately join! I have always wanted to do a building contest but this was for Sims 3 lol x

xX Furuba all the way Xx
xX Miss World EVEN FURTHER!! Xx
Check out the contest site at http://sims2missworld.weebly.com
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 8:11 PM
Hey... We still got Time untill Tuesday the 21th of September, haven't we? If so, you can count me in. I've finally got Ambitions and World Adventures, so I've got more possibilities and I think can't do it without CC but I will try my best... As I said I got a Plan i'm working on, I will get some Minus Point because of the Roof (It's just not possible like it's on the Plan, at least I can't find a Way...) and I will send you the Link if you tell me that I'm not too late
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#80 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lil'B
I'm sooo sorry about this contest not getting much interest I really feel for you i do I will try my best to stirr up some interest x I would join but I've only got Sims 2 - maybe if this one doesn't really 'work' yuo could think about doing the same thing but for Sims 2 - I would definately join! I have always wanted to do a building contest but this was for Sims 3 lol x

I made it for the Sims 3 because I figured it'd be easier not to be tempted by CC since there isn't as much to begin with. That and I uninstalled the Sims 2 in order to gain back my 15 GB for some videos and stuff. If I don't get the necessary contestants (I only need 1 more), I might think of doing it for the Sims 2, but I can't be too sure that I'll drum up any more interest for it on the Sims 2 than I did for the Sims 3. So right now, it's all up in the air. I might just hand the contest over to someone else and see if they want to make into a Sims 2 contest.

Quote: Originally posted by smillasnightmare
Hey... We still got Time untill Tuesday the 21th of September, haven't we? If so, you can count me in. I've finally got Ambitions and World Adventures, so I've got more possibilities and I think can't do it without CC but I will try my best... As I said I got a Plan i'm working on, I will get some Minus Point because of the Roof (It's just not possible like it's on the Plan, at least I can't find a Way...) and I will send you the Link if you tell me that I'm not too late

Yes, you still have time to get your entry in. Send me your link to your plan and I'll add it to the plans list. When you submit your entry, then I'll add you to the contestants list. You don't have to do it without CC: I know that it could be very hard to do without CC and again, 1 piece of CC is for the actual item, not multiples of that item. So, say you use 1 type of CC window: you could have 35 of that window, and it'd only count once towards your CC content. If you do use CC, don't forget to mention it in your entry. I would love to have you in the contest, not just because I need more applicants.

Field Researcher
#81 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 11:13 AM
I'm going to enter the contest. Here is the plan I selected http://www.eplans.com/contemporary_.../HWEPL69455.hwx

I've almost finished it and will probably post the entry in a day or two.
It still needs some finish work.

These entries are great so far guys. I'm seeing lots of skilled use of the constrain floors cheat.

I think this contest will be a nice challenge for me. Matching things exactly is quite difficult. I picked this entry for it's mulit-slanted roof because I thought it looked postmodern and I thought it would be difficult but I had such a problem coping it. I really hate how there is no easy way to choose the direction of the slant of the roof. Not to mention the issues when roofs overlap.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#82 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 5:13 PM
Okay, I'll put you down! Thank you for entering. The deadline is Tuesday!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#83 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 5:20 PM
Alright, we have the 10 plans needed! Just get in your entries, everybody! Also, anybody else is still welcome to join. I know that I'd love to have more.

The deadline is Tuesday!

A couple of people have mentioned being a part of the contest, but have not sent me in their plans! If you still wish to be a part of it, please send in your plans as soon as you can!

Forum Resident
#84 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 8:22 PM
Hi guys, nice to meet you all!
My name is Mel and I decided to join, because this is a pretty cool contest. Even thought I'm very busy with the CAW group project at the moment, this will be quite a challenge for me. I've only once used a floor plan for a sims house, but I kept changing everything around, so in the end it didn't even come close to the house I started with. Now I would like to see if I'm able to stick to the plan I chose. Here's the link: http://www.theplancollection.com/ho...home-plan-22339

What I've seen so far looks very beautiful. There are some amazing sim architects here!
Instructor
#85 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepyrose
Hi guys, nice to meet you all!
My name is Mel and I decided to join, because this is a pretty cool contest. Even thought I'm very busy with the CAW group project at the moment, this will be quite a challenge for me. I've only once used a floor plan for a sims house, but I kept changing everything around, so in the end it didn't even come close to the house I started with. Now I would like to see if I'm able to stick to the plan I chose. Here's the link: http://www.theplancollection.com/ho...home-plan-22339

What I've seen so far looks very beautiful. There are some amazing sim architects here!

It's so great to have you! I look forward to seeing what you can build. Just to let you know, your link doesn't work.

Great entries so far!

Please consider taking part in LifesLover's "The Build To Plan" Contest. You'll make new friends and have tons of fun!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#86 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 8:36 PM
Thank you so much for entering! I entered you on the plans list and I can't wait to see how you make it work in the Sims.

Inventor
#87 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 10:38 PM
I just found this and am so glad that the time is extended. I'll hunt for a plan and send it to you.

kittens!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#88 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 10:52 PM
I'll add you when you do!

The other one
#89 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 7:38 AM Last edited by missroxor : 18th Sep 2010 at 7:42 AM. Reason: typo
I updated my entry, think it's done now. I still managed to go over the CC limit by using 12 bits I await my punishment

Thanks Kaylarox, hope you still like it now it's finished. I probably will upload it but I've been a bit rubbish of late and still have a list as long as my arm of sim related things I'm supposed to be doing so it might take a while

Sleepyrose, I thought you'd be too busy to join, sorry if I pressured you, lol but glad you're in it Lookin forward to seeing your house!

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 9:28 AM
Puh, glad you enter, sleepyrose and wickedblue - because then I don't have to... I felt like I had to "save" this Contest, got my Plan and started working but it's really too challenging for me... I got the outside front wiev right but the inside is just crap, i'm missing Rooms, the stairs won't work like the Plan tells me to make them Work and well, actually nothing's working right now. I never was good at Plan reading, i'm more the "build after imagination"-Type of Builder and well, I can get nearly exact Copies of the Front Views but then inside... Well, just because I already begun and wanted to show you what the Problem is... Here's what I have done untill now. I also selected a too small lot size, there is/was no Space for Terrace and Balcony, you can see that on the Pictures below :/

The Front View is quite okay I think...

That's the Plan I wanted to copy: http://www.theplancollection.com/ho.../home-plan-4034

Anyway, I'm giving up... But I'm actually not sad about it, because I'm quite busy that days anyway. You have all done very well, I now can see how hard it is to build that accurate, so I'll stay watching you all and wishing you good Luck!
Forum Resident
#91 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 10:58 AM
Argg, every time I try to copy and paste links, they get cut off. Hopefully it works now. http://www.theplancollection.com/ho...home-plan-22339

missroxor, yes I'm far too busy to be doing this, but it's so much fun!
I love your house! :lovestruc The colors are very beautiful and the shape looks great.

smillasnightmare, what a shame you're deciding to quit, coz your house looks very pretty!
Inventor
#92 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 12:25 PM
I feel the frustration. I always use plans, you know, for inspiration. I have never actually tried to copy it exactly and I just realized, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Ok, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but does anyone have an idea of scale from plans to grid? I am trying to get it but I keep making things way too big. When I'm building from the top of my head, I don't make the rooms so big.

kittens!
The other one
#93 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 12:38 PM
There was a thread about it recently: http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=407967 but IMO it's best just to go off what you have to work with eg think about the windows and doors you plan to use and try to imagine how many tiles would go in between them to make it look like your plans. double beds and sofas are another good way of judging how much size you'll need. You'll never get it perfect so it's best to just try to fit in the furniture you need while keeping the same sorta ratios.

Inventor
#94 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 1:16 PM
Thank you for that link, very helpful information.

kittens!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#95 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 3:40 PM
smillasnightmare - I think that your house is coming along nicely. I mean, yes it needs more work but I honestly think that you are getting there so I am sad to see you drop from the competition. The front is very pretty.

Congratulations to everyone that has submitted their entry. Believe me, I know what a challenge this was! And to everyone still working...good luck! Can't wait to see the final products.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#96 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 4:21 PM
I'm sad to hear that you're dropping out, smillasnightmare, but I understand if you just can't get it to work right and if you're too busy, really. I hope to see you in the next building contest, though, when someone posts it.

@missroxor- when you say that you used 5x windows as CC, do you mean that you used 5 different types of windows or 5 of the same window?

Test Subject
#97 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 5:02 PM
I just found the perfect plan and I'm off to some building! Hopefully it'll get finished soon enough.

Wonderful contest! It is the first time i actually want to join one, i always thought i'm a lousy builder :P
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#98 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 5:05 PM
Great, please send me your plan so I can add it to the list. I'd love it if you joined.

The other one
#99 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LifesLover
I hope to see you in the next building contest, though, when someone posts it.

@missroxor- when you say that you used 5x windows as CC, do you mean that you used 5 different types of windows or 5 of the same window?

Already working on a template for the next contest

Yes I do mean 5 different windows. They come in different segments so like the horizontal window in the kitchen is actually in 3 segments made up of a middle piece and and end used twice.

Test Subject
#100 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 6:34 PM
http://details.coolhouseplans.com/d...&ordercode=C101 here is the plan Although i had some troubles with finding the right windows... And downloads won't show up in game, so you can guess it's hard as all hell to build this house :/ I don't think it will look completely alike, but i try :/

Page 4 of 19