Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 7:50 AM
Default How to detonate stuff?
Hi there, I'm LOVING Ambitions. Ooh boy... so my inventor got the message that he can now detonate stuff... but how does it actually work? My inventor is still a child and he has no option of blowing anything up.

Is it because he's a child? Does anyone have an adult inventor which can blow stuff up, where's the option for that one?

I do find some options to be well hidden, like a firefighter can upgrade his own hose (giggle ). But you have to click on the Sim himself to do that, which wasn't what I would've expected. (I though it would've been in his inventory, and upgrade from there).

This space intentionally left blank...
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 8:40 AM
Yeah, children can't detonate. For teens and above, just click the object you want to detonate, and, eh, click "Detonate."
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 9:31 AM
Ah, okay, thanks! Should've tested it first with adults then. I'mma gonna blow me some stuff up NOA. Mwuwahahahahaaa!!

Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 1:30 PM
What scares me is that option is everywhere for him now. I'm afraid I'm going to accidentally blow up my bed one of these days.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 1:42 PM
One of my simming buddies had a guy who spun up the want to denotate his neighbors brand new car. So ... my simming buddy lets him. While he got like 1900 pieces of scrap, he was fined 76,000 simoleons for destruction of property! Bwahahhaha!!

To Sim is the GREATEST adventure...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 2:37 PM
Rofl imagine detonating the toilet while a sim is on it... You can be a doctor and inject him, then you could change over to Ghostbusters very quickly, then fire fighter to put out the fire and then to architect to replace the toilet - TS3 Ambitions is just one big cycle
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anjelstar76
One of my simming buddies had a guy who spun up the want to denotate his neighbors brand new car. So ... my simming buddy lets him. While he got like 1900 pieces of scrap, he was fined 76,000 simoleons for destruction of property! Bwahahhaha!!

OMIGOD that's SOOO funny!! Gosh, I can't wait to detonate stuff myself now :D
How does the fining work? Is it subtracted automatically or does a Sim (like a cop) actually come up to you to cash it in?

I also heard that it costs Simoleons to blow stuff up, is that the fines you get or does it cost you money to blow things up?

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 3:27 PM
Its from what I seen in videos 20 simoleons for the bomb and I think the burglar alarm contacts the police or something
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 4:47 PM
They send the fines to your house like bills.

Had my Inventor blow up the bathtub on the first floor, and the washer and dryer in the basement caught on fire. Weird.

I really like using the miner in the middle of the night, not only do you wake up your entire family but the neighbors come over to complain.
Instructor
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IHopeYouChoke
I really like using the miner in the middle of the night, not only do you wake up your entire family but the neighbors come over to complain.

Hahah, I do the same thing. I think its hilarious to watch them all get so agitated.

Quote: Originally posted by Anjelstar76

I've never gotten that want, but I have blown up neighbors expensive cars, for the high levels of scrap. I've never gotten a fine though, thankfully, which is funny because I've blown up a ton of my neighbors stuff; cars, treadmills, refrigerators, tvs, benches.. the list goes on. I've gotten booted from so many houses for my 'bad behavior' that you'd assume I'd get a fine somewhere?
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 5:21 PM
Is your sim lucky, or evil? One of the game hints say those types of sims are less likely to get fined.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 7:08 PM
Wait you can collect scrap from detonated things? I might blow up 10 expensive cars when I get the game
Instructor
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IHopeYouChoke
Is your sim lucky, or evil? One of the game hints say those types of sims are less likely to get fined.

That would explain it, my sim has the lucky trait.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 10:45 PM
That's very good to know for when I make my inventor!! :D

Field Researcher
#15 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 4:25 PM
Okay, I've been playing with detonation a bit, but I realized that there's no animation for it... And there's no sound! The only thing that happens is the ground becomes ash (or something) under the object and the object dissapears and becomes a bunch of piles of scrap. Is this what's supposed to happen?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#16 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 4:29 PM
You probably have an outdated mod preventing the new effects from showing up, icu2richelo.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 4:38 PM
My inventor has made it a personal vendetta to blow up every car she sees, but has never been fined for it. Come to think of it, none of the owners even acknowledge it. I find it odd that not one neighbor has run out to investigate the source of the ginormous screen filling explosions and she's detonated cars in lots where the lights were on and you could actually see people inside! Kind of disappointing in that I was hoping to see a fight between her and the ex-owner of that Mercedes...
(Oh suuure, she can blow other peoples' cars to kingdom come, but do a little drilling on her own property at 2 AM and half the block is running over to complain. I've since learned to lock the gate before any excavations...)

@icu2richelo That's weird. Usually there's a large, loud blast and a brief shower of parts along with the scrap. Could it be your graphics settings? Any mods?
Scholar
#18 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 12:52 AM
blow the cars up at the junkyard when they park there you don't get ANY fines :P

as for the effect not showing you need to have effects turned to max to see them in options.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
You probably have an outdated mod preventing the new effects from showing up, icu2richelo.

That was exactly my problem, HP! Thanks. I forgot I had left an outdated Mosaic Mod in my HELS folder. Now I'm noticing a LOT more effects in the game haha
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:23 PM
Guys at what level in inventor can you detonate stuff?, My sim is level 5 in inventing but doesn't have an option to detonate stuff =/. Could be another glitch >.< thanks in advance
Instructor
#21 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 10:31 PM
i think you can detonate stuff at level 4 for small objects im not sure since i started detonating stuff when i was a level 7 inventor and i can do it in cabinets and such.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:28 PM
I first had a Sim detonate a small object he made, and now that's all he wants to do. He's not even an insane sim but he's acting like it hahahah!
Instructor
#23 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:55 PM
yeah my sim too, she always gets wishes to detonate stuff, like detonate 5, then 10, then 25 objects.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 11:16 PM
From goggalor list Fog Emitter effects - blowing up commands:
detonate2large
detonate2medium
detonate2mini
detonate2small
detonate2xlarge
detonateflashlarge
detonateflashmedium
detonateflashmini
detonateflashsmall
detonateflashxlarge
detonaterigid2large
detonaterigid2medium
detonaterigid2mini
detonaterigid2small
detonaterigid2xlarge
detonaterigidlarge
detonaterigidmedium
detonaterigidmini
detonaterigidsmall
detonaterigidxlarge
detonatexlarge
Theorist
#25 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 3:24 AM
Funny you should ask, the very first thing I did in Ambitions was blow up a sculpting station I was playing a premade sim in Twinbrook, Juan whatshisface.
Page 1 of 2