Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 10:32 PM
Default Another paranormal activity movie?
OK, so i haven't seen the first one. Or the second one. And was there a third?
But did anyone find the first movie scary? How about the others? When you go on youtube to find the trailer, the newest one has a lot of dislikes. I guess people are getting tired of the series. Are you?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 3:40 PM
Pretty much. It was good at first, but really should have been a single movie instead of a series. It was great at being creepy instead of just outright horrifying. Too many sequels reduce the effect of a movie, to be honest. Just because a being can't be killed doesn't mean it needs sequels. Sometimes having an open ending of one single movie makes it even scaryer.
Scholar
#3 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 4:28 PM
The first movie was good what I can't say about other parts.With each new movie Paranormal Activity go down,in my opinion.
And here I found new part trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J39iyK_aqDE
(don't know if it's fan made or real,but if it's true,it looks like shit)
Interstellar Traveler
#4 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 4:52 PM
I've seen all four so far and I felt like they were pretty decent and scary up until the fourth installment. 1, 2, and 3 brought forth a fear of an unknown force that terrorized the family though past generations, and the forth tried to unveil a bit of the force we were all scared of, and it was nothing more than a disappointment with crappy effects and a lame ending.

Now they're bringing a Latino spin-off in dedication to their biggest group of fans and not too far after this one hits theaters, Paranormal Activity 5 will be coming soon. I'm not entirely sure where they're going with the story. It seemed as if they had a pretty decent grip on the first three, but the story has become convoluted and I can't tell which direction it will take. I'm starting too feel as if it's just becoming a story built off the market -- if the previous movie does well, we'll make another one; if not, then the story will end here.

I have to say that I won't be seeing "The Marked Ones" because I can already tell the story isn't built well -- 3/4 of it was already shown in the trailer. But I might see the fifth installment of PA, but the fourth one kind of ruined the series for me, so I'm not too sure.

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod