Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 3:36 AM
Default Having trouble with Blender
So I'm nearly in tears, I'm so frustrated with Blender.
I've downloaded everything, installed everything it told me to.
I've also put the import/export scripts in the right spot.
But no matter how hard I try, it WILL NOT open up any meshes..
I don't get it, and I'm angry, I mean I understand that it needs .s3ascg files.. I don't know what those are.. I've been following tutorials, and they say to just open the .simgeom file.. and I've tried, it just refuses to do anything!
When I click import, it just goes back to the view of a cube, no mesh. Just the cube that pops up when you start Blender.
Please help.

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 3:45 AM
No no...don't get upset. Pretty soon cmo or PB or someone else who uses Blender will come along and help you And you'll be able to do it.

If I knew Blender I'd tell you myself but I don't...but I can tell you that there's an active group here that uses Blender who will help you. And there's someone who's working on a tool to make it so you won't have to go through MS to mesh for Sims 3 using Blender.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 3:55 AM
Oh, so that import/export file still requires me to go through MS? Cause if it does, then that could be why it's not working. MS doesn't work on my computer, so I didn't do any sort of transferring.
Thank you though for your response.

Alchemist
#4 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 3:59 AM
Right now the process requires that you go through MS. There is an experimental tool in progress though for Blender users. If you would like to join in testing it it's here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...t=389058&page=1

and it can use testers

And if you aren't using MS right now then I can tell you without doubt that's why things aren't working for you.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#5 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 3:59 AM
Hi, traelia. What script are you trying to use?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 4:34 AM
The one by here by Ceixari.
And thank you OM.

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#7 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 4:43 AM
Well, as OM said, that's a work in progress, but you should be able to get a mesh into Blender with it. MS is still needed to get a mesh from Blender into the the game.

Are you trying to do body meshes or object meshes?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#8 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 9:07 AM
My normal route is:

- Use S3OC to clone an object (create a .package of the object)
- Use S3PE to select and ports the MODL and MLOD records. Place these in seperate sub-directories else you're going to have a nightmare of it later.
- Use S3ObjTool on each of the files to decompile it
- Now you will have some .s3ascg files and many others which you can use my script on.

However, you are mentioning .simgeom which seems to indicate that you're trying to do hair or body meshing which unfortunately my script does not work with. It will only work with objects. I see where the confusion comes from in part and I will try to rename the.s3asc scripts topic to indicate Objects only.

There is a GEOM Plugin script for Blender at http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=355471
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 5:24 PM
Oh thank you so much Cei. That was just the answer I needed.
And yes I was trying to do a body mesh.