Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 12:25 PM Last edited by Karen Lorraine : 25th Jul 2016 at 8:59 AM. Reason: Removing file
Default A Modern house for 2 (V.1)
Okay, so I seriously need some feedback since this is the first house I ever had made - well for international download. I have made houses for my personal friends a lot of times though.

The only thing there maybe can be a problem to other is the wait chair in the living room, with the sim might have problems coming up from there if you don't remove the table, at such this doesn't happen in my game because I maybe have fixed that problem like - forever ago and then forgot about it, Originally was my plan to place the chair at a 45 degree but my pc rather wanted to move the object around than so much else even with the cheat on, that said, I hope other people might want to experience this house.

It's a modern house build after the southern modern style, with stone floors (and ehm walls, I like stone walls, they pretty...), you can use it for 1 or 2 sim + 1 pet (I left space for that), The house cost's around 40.000 as far as I remember.

Moderator: File removed

please help me!
(Oh, and eh, I may or may not have forgotten if the file was the right house, pls tell me it's the right house xD Too many files.)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:14 AM
Okay had a look at the file and its full of cc. Looking at your pics I don't see any cc except a floor, so can you tell me what it all is? If you have not cleaned the lot you need to do that before putting it up here for testing.

If the house comes with all that cc you have to know who made it and their TOU and each creator has to be given credit and have a free reupload policy. Unless it's cc that you made, that's fine to use and just say what it is.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 8:49 AM
@Joandsarah77

I know the walls, floor and windows, and a single plant, my problem is when I did the drive to check where it came from the walls and floors got in an undetected. Just detected as but not by where it came from. So yeah >n<

In the end I have decided just to say to people that they should PM me or ask me >_> originally I did only make houses for my friends. But even when I got thrip load to work - 6 hours later - is it hard to know who made what. I don't even know what lots brung in what cc...
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 8:58 AM
@OnayaW I have removed the file as you cannot share here like that and since Joandsarah has provided a screenshot of the contents of the file we can see that it needs to be cleaned out. Please upload via the Upload wizard found Create>Upload items and please read through the Creator Guidelines before you upload

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 9:25 AM
The easiest thing to do @OnayaW is to go in and make sure all items are Maxis, package and untick all the cc in the file and do save as before raring it and uploading. I would just add some dirt terrain under the plants is all, the rest looks fine. Just remember to click the 3 dots or swatch tool to take away the grid as it spoils your pictures. That is what CI is for, it detects all the stuff that try and come along with houses and lets you remove it. If there is cc you really want to keep then find out who made it (the CI file can help with that) but removing it is easier. Pot plat-easily to swap to a Maxis plant. Many people will remove everything in the house anyway. Something like a plant isn't worth you hassle of hunting for a creator.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
@OnayaW I have removed the file as you cannot share here like that and since Joandsarah has provided a screenshot of the contents of the file we can see that it needs to be cleaned out. Please upload via the Upload wizard found Create>Upload items and please read through the Creator Guidelines before you upload

Despite the upload source give no viruses like this website does. This website is filled with viruses. I know that because every week I do a virus run. Last time it detected 800 and that was just this one website had done alone to my PC and even when I had protection on.

@joandaarah77 I know it's easy to shift the plant out but I'm worried about the floors, windows and walls since that basically is the main house itself... I'll try the floors first and see what s***** floors maxis has. I just guess with their own floors then is it more like ugh.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 9:47 AM
Your house looks perfect for IKEA stuff. Black, grey and white floors are easy with red splashed around. Which one is the cc walls? I don't even see any.

I've been here for years and never had any kind of virus.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 10:04 AM
@joandsarah I have been downloading stuff from here since march, I had nothing else than viruses...

That said, all the wall painting are more and less cc, same counts for the floors. Lucky I didn't use cc for the trees or ground. That would have been horrible.

But the roof though is cc both with fence and that

that said, I'll play some story today, and maybe fix it later. I feel for me to actually make the "never dying man" challenge. Are on second day so
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 10:18 AM
Not to call you a liar or anything, as I'm sure you believe what you say and have reason to; but I don't know anybody else here who's ever gotten a virus through MTS, and it seems unlikely you'd have gotten so many when no one else is. It also seems unlikely that you could pick up that many viruses and still have a functioning computer! I think you need to look more closely into this question. Might your software be getting false positives because you're downloading older things that it's not prepared for?

It's up to you how you want to do the build, but if you don't follow a site's guidelines you can't expect to be allowed to upload to the site; and I bet you'll find you can do more with no or very little CC than you think. It's a good, simple design and I agree with Jo - it all looks Maxis and you can probably find existing Maxis stuff that this almost duplicates.

One thing I find when I go into AGS to build with limited XPs and no CC, is that there's all kinds of things in the vanilla game that I never notice buried in my custom content. Just in the last couple of days I discovered a very nice set of windows and doors that I'd never noticed before; and some color alternatives that I've never seen used. It's refreshing and enlightening to get down to basics once in awhile.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 10:48 AM
Are you sure you haven't been downloading from TSR? They do have quite a rep on virus. As I said I've been here for years (2007) and never had one.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Not to call you a liar or anything, as I'm sure you believe what you say and have reason to; but I don't know anybody else here who's ever gotten a virus through MTS, and it seems unlikely you'd have gotten so many when no one else is. It also seems unlikely that you could pick up that many viruses and still have a functioning computer! I think you need to look more closely into this question. Might your software be getting false positives because you're downloading older things that it's not prepared for?

It's up to you how you want to do the build, but if you don't follow a site's guidelines you can't expect to be allowed to upload to the site; and I bet you'll find you can do more with no or very little CC than you think. It's a good, simple design and I agree with Jo - it all looks Maxis and you can probably find existing Maxis stuff that this almost duplicates.

One thing I find when I go into AGS to build with limited XPs and no CC, is that there's all kinds of things in the vanilla game that I never notice buried in my custom content. Just in the last couple of days I discovered a very nice set of windows and doors that I'd never noticed before; and some color alternatives that I've never seen used. It's refreshing and enlightening to get down to basics once in awhile.

I have an acer aspire E 15 it should not even drive sims 2 to the start off xD it's a "doc PC" and are meant for writting and art c:
That said it is made in 2015 an it's the one without touch screen but it's properly whole that part it drives an older game-

@joandsarah77 like I ever want to wait five minutes on downloading anything from that site. I have add blocker on >_> hate adds. Hate them.

That said, I'm fixing the house as of now. Well at least floor and walls. I hope that keeping cc at minimal will help. I also noticed it says more cc than I actually used. It detects 40 ccs while I only used 12. Making it even weirder.
I'll change the plants as well and then go to see if the cc get's lowered enough because I like the design of wii and the chairs.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#12 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 1:54 PM
Extra maxis recolours will attach themselves to the upload as do custom stairs. Some custom mesh recolours do not attach to the package but you must still credit them in your description

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 3:10 PM
@OnayaW it is definitely a challenge to build a modern looking home without the use of cc. I think the layout of your home is great and its not too big. Just as a suggestion, I have uploaded lots to where I have a starter furnishings version and an unfurnished version. It is just a thought, but I cant wait to see some more pictures.