Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 9:01 PM Last edited by Squircle : 17th Apr 2014 at 12:07 AM.
Default Pool through wall in basement
Is there any way that anyone knows of to get a pool to go through (or under) a wall while being built in a basement. Im building a tomb and require a pool to go through multiple rooms, but as of right now i cant find any way to make that possible.

Any suggestions?

Makeshift Solution: I built walls perpendicular to the pool on both sides right up to the pool's edge, attached a fence to both ends of the walls, dragged and made the pool under the fence with no problem, and it separates the rooms. Still need to check if sims are able to actually swim under the fence.

Edit: Sims CAN swim under the fence but as far as using it in a tomb goes, it does not count it as a separate tomb room, therefore it is not hidden. But when building, setting lights to a certain color in one room does not affect the other. So theyre separate rooms unless in a tomb.
Advertisement
mature minion
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 8:15 PM Last edited by Tee Hee She : 17th Apr 2014 at 11:49 PM.
It is possible to build pools that go through/under walls but it can be a bit fiddly. I generally find the most reliable way to build your wall first and then place a pool along one side not extending beyond both ends before trying to place pool right across to create a floating section of wall; then you delete the pool at the sides and build the rooms as required.