Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 2:22 AM
Where do you put vacation worlds?
This is my first time posting a thread but.. I downloaded a world from here and it looked like a nice vacation world so I downloaded it. I was wondering where do you put it?? I have Bon Voyage and I don't know how you put it in the vacation thing.. if you know what I'm trying to say or something can you give me an answer
Advertisement
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 9:16 AM
The SC4 World terrain files have to be placed in SC4 terrains folder in your User\username\Documents\EAGames for them to show up in the neighborhood creation menus.

As PlatinumPlumbbob said the creators generally tell the downloader where to put it.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 10:05 AM
Worlds don't exist in Sims 2, they exist in Sims 3. So if you mean an actual world, you should head over to the Sims 3 forum.

If by world you mean neighbourhood, then if you want to use it as a vacation hood, you need to place it in the installation files of bon voyage. Wherever you installed -> The Sims 2 Bon Voyage -> TSData -> Res -> NeighborhoodTemplate. You'll also need a mod by Mootilda that allows using custom ones, should be linked in the upload. You then add it the same way you would a regular vacation hood.

If you want to use it as your main hood, you just place the folder in your user files. Usually Documents -> EA Games -> The Sims 2 -> Neighbourhoods.

These file paths will vary a bit if you have UC, but the end parts are the same.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 3:11 PM
If it is UC you are using the path would be

C/Program Files/ Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/Bon Voyage/ TSData/RES/Neighborhoodtemplate

If your game has all the original vacation spots you might need Mootilda's Fix subhood selection in order for it to show up

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=420924
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 4:03 PM
Thank you!!