Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 12:54 AM
Default Can't read toddler to sleep
Everytime I try to read my toddlers to sleep something awkward happens. The parent put them on their crib, but, the toddler get stretched and the parent doesn't read for them. They comeback to normal after a few seconds but, the parents keep there in front of the toddler's crib and the book just disappear from the inventory.
I found out that this glitch started happening after 1.63 (or maybe 1.67, what matters is that the interaction used to work on patch 1.50).
So, there's any way I can fix it?

Thank you so much, guys!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 3:49 PM
Just a suggestion: Take the Toddler into CAS and give him/her new night clothes and see if that helps.
Scholar
#3 Old 26th Apr 2016 at 9:32 PM
1.67 does not work;
I though it was just accidentally broken by mod or I have got some mess in CC but now I'm in doubt.

(Tested on clear run: animation still broken - mostly resetting both sims).

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 2:35 PM
I think it may have been 1.63 that broke this interaction, could be mistaken. Twallan himself was able to fix the also broken Chat with Toddler one (once they learn how to talk, of course) with an Overwatch update some time ago, a few months before his retirement.

A few players have gotten the Read to Sleep to work with toddlers if the book is already in the older sim's personal inventory, but not everyone has had success with that and not all the time. This one remains on the Broken Stuff list.