Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 4:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural
Default "Fault on Write Access" and .dbc files
I have a MacBook Pro 2012 9,2 with Intel HD Graphics. I just maxed out the RAM by upgrading from 4 GB to 8 GB. I am fully aware Macs and Sims aren't good together. I know the game is temperamental but not impossible. I have updated my computer, purged RAM, and minimized my CC over months.

My latest issue is the error:
Exception Raised
Unhandled page fault on write acces to 0x0000000 at address 0x7c471701
Do you wish to debug it?

Then it crashed...
I looked all over the web and can't find a fix. What exactly is causing this issue? Is there anything I can do other than reinstallation and buying a PC?

Also, I was curious if you could move the DCCache folder during reinstallation without having to completely reinstalling Sims3.Packs?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 7:28 AM
What you are getting is a memory related error. The actual address is one in RAM and is unfortunately not meaningful.

Just want to check here, but you are aware that purging RAM is something you have to do constantly throughout play, every few minutes if not more often and especially before/during/after intensive parts of gameplay like CAS and Edit Town? It doesn't matter how much RAM your Mac has over a certain point, the Mac version of the game can only utilize 2 GB and that's it, if/when it reaches for more (blows raspberries) game's over as it will either crash or Error 12 upon trying to save. RAM purging is sort of a desperate attempt to recycle RAM faster so that one has a better chance of staying below the too restrictive danger zone. On your MBP, I would also say that you would have to be playing with just about all graphics settings set on the bare minimums within Game Options.

Ordinarily I would suggest Bootcamp if you have the drive space to support it, but with Intel HD Graphics you will still be limited on the Windows side. Not nearly as bad, the RAM restriction will be increased to ~4 GB as it is for all Windows players, but the game will still be somewhat stressed by not having a dedicated graphics card.

I've only done one reinstall, and that was when I switched from Mac to Windows myself. My DCCache folder and its contents were recognized immediately by my "new" game and I never had to reinstall any sims3pack content. I understand that not everyone has been so fortunate, it's kind of a luck of the draw thing.