Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 12:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
All Packages crashed and not working
Everything was working great, the last few things I did prior was to downloaded this package; http://mysims3blog.blogspot.ca/2013...by-sims-by.html I also went through a list of "bad" cc content and removed any of it I had as I was having the common cc glitch with the babies and that weird centaur outfit. Then the following things happened in this order.

-All of a sudden the game crashed while I was playing and then I couldn't get it to start again. The launcher would launch, in the beginning the pop up with the mod lists would still appear so I could hit "okay", I would select my household and it would go to the load screen. The load screen would work normally and the bar would make it to the very end, just a hair off of full. It would then stop loading, however the game didn't crash, even after 3-4 hours it did not freeze or crash (still going through those content pictures you can get experience out of) but it still wouldn't completely load. I tried uninstalling some clothing content in case the extra item was just too much for it and restarted my computer, it kept doing the same thing.
-I tried moving the game files and starting the launcher so that a new folder was created and moving things back piece by piece.
I deleted the cache backup files and the then when I tried to load the game the mods were no longer showing up. I saw the intro for the first time in years .
-This is when I gave up and hopped on here as whatever the heck this is way out of my depth.

My specs admittedly far from special;
Lenovo Laptop, Windows 10, 8 gig Ram, Intel (R) Core i-7 5500 CPU @2.40 GHz
Intel (R) HD Graphics 5500 Is what I am showing as a graphics card.

Mods;
Master Controller, Woohooer, Debug Enabler, Decensor, Career, cmar_XCAS_corefullSteam67.package, The Sims 3 Demonic Powers [MOD] ,Portrait Panel, Sniper296_CurfewRemover, cmomoney_PosePlayer.package, cmar tuning sliders, Bone slider , tattoo locations mod, no intro/build sparkles

I'm hoping someone has an idea that saves me doing a complete new install, but I understand it is how it is. I have done most of the steps listed but I did get confused when it came to CC cleaning and where/how to do that.

I hope this is descriptive enough, I appreciate all of your help.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 3:40 AM
Ok.
When you moved the files and added them back piece by piece, did you try to duplicate the problem after each time you added something new? And did you initially test with just the new files and nothing added back in?

If the problem happened even with a new game in an EA neighborhood with no CC of any kind, this is bad news. Either you are having hardware issues or you will need to reinstall the game.
If it didn't happen then, but did happen after adding things back in, the bit you added back in is where the problem is.

As for tracking down bad CC

For Sims 3 packs, the best you can do is
1.make a copy of the current dccache file.
2.Install 1 Sims3 pack.
3.Test.
If it works, go to step 1. If it doesn't, delete the dccache file that was just updated. Now find your copy and put it into the folder. Go to step 1. (And yes, this means keeping a copy of the file you just moved. )

For package files, I am going to try to give a concrete example to see if it's easier to understand than the article seems to have been for you.

For simplicity's sake we will have 4 package files. Number 3 is the bad one, but we don't know that yet.
We put half of them, which is 1 and 2, into the game.
We clear caches and test. Hooray! It works! Now we know that either 3 or 4 is the problem.
(If we suspect a mod conflict, we now take out 1 and 2, and put 3 and 4 in, but this is a straight "Find the bad file" binary search so we're not doing that. Dashboard does a faster job of identifying potential conflicts.)
Now that we have tested half of the files (in one test!) we start with the other half. Half of group 3 and 4 is either 3 or 4. So we grab 3 and toss it in.
Clear caches, and test.... Drat!
Take 3 out, put 4 in, clear caches, and test.... Good! 3 was the only problem. Discard it.

That procedure can be expanded to work with any number of files. Divide them as evenly as possible and keep testing half of the files.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 6:01 AM
I'm hoping someone has an idea that saves me doing a complete new install, but I understand it is how it is. I have done most of the steps listed but I did get confused when it came to CC cleaning and where/how to do that.

I hope this is descriptive enough, I appreciate all of your help.[/QUOTE]

I completely understand where you're coming from!! SO sorry to hear your game is bonked! As an avid cc addict, I seem to break my game all the time! I started doing something new recently, but even that is not "fool proof" and I need my handy guide. Since it helped me and a couple other people, I have been sharing it with others. I must warn you, I am not a pro at any of this. I am just a fellow gamer, who found some workarounds to a bonked game! ..Soon you will be too!!

Like you, I was completely confused on how to "clean cc" what programs.. how to use them.. but once I learned I haven't looked back! I'm hoping my guide can help you! Before trying anything, please go into your Documents Electronic Arts folder. Right click and select COPY of your The Sims 3 folder, and place it somewhere safe on your computer.. (I have a file on my Desktop called Testing, that's where I put mine.) Do this BEFORE doing anything suggested in the guide. I don't want you to lose your game further!

My guides are for cleaning of bad cc only! If its a spec issue, technical, etc, my guides will not work!

Guide for when your game will not launch : http://sstutler12.tumblr.com/post/1...-ts3-in-8-steps << This will identify which folder you're bad cc is located..

Guide for when you have bad cc : http://sstutler12.tumblr.com/post/1...-corrupt-ts3-cc

LMK if you have any other questions, like I said I am not a "Pro" but I have learned a few tricks. And i'm willing to help if I can!

GIVING CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE! - I could not offer you any help without the phenomenal work of Delphy!! Without Delphy, these guides would not exist!!
THANK YOU DELPHY !! You continue everyday to save mine and so many others games!! IDK if you know, but without you, I wouldn't be playing my game today!!