Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 1:40 AM Last edited by Desi_Bear : 8th Sep 2016 at 1:55 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default My Sims 3 Save Isn't Loading!
So lately my sims 3 save hasn't been loading completely like it would load up to 99% but it would stop and it wouldn't actually load my save! It would change the tutorial screens but it wouldn't actually load the save. The problem is that i have a sims 3 series to do and i need to take in game shots and i can't do that if my save won't load. I am basically wondering if there is a way to fix this asap because i really need to start working again, i have a deadline.
Advertisement
Inventor
#3 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Desi_Bear
So lately my sims 3 save hasn't been loading completely like it would load up to 99% but it would stop and it wouldn't actually load my save! It would change the tutorial screens but it wouldn't actually load the save. The problem is that i have a sims 3 series to do and i need to take in game shots and i can't do that if my save won't load. I am basically wondering if there is a way to fix this asap because i really need to start working again, i have a deadline.

You could try some things:
1- Get Kuree's Save Cleaner (here ) and CLEAN your savegame.
2- Download NRaas ErrorTrap mod from here and install it.
3- If you have .backup folders in your Savegames folder you could try renaming them to .sims3 (so delete the .backup part). They should appear now in the savegame selection screen. Do not waste your time with .bad folders. These won't ever load.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
You could try some things:
1- Get Kuree's Save Cleaner (here ) and CLEAN your savegame.
2- Download NRaas ErrorTrap mod from here and install it.
3- If you have .backup folders in your Savegames folder you could try renaming them to .sims3 (so delete the .backup part). They should appear now in the savegame selection screen. Do not waste your time with .bad folders. These won't ever load.

Save cleaner never worked for me it just said it had an unhandled exception, and didn't load my saves. I will try using the backup but the weird thing is i have 2 backups for the same save i guess i will use whichever and see the results.

**********************GIVE IT YOUR BEST**********************
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
ur save looks busted. hope you have a backup.

I have multiple backups.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 7:59 AM
I changed my backup to the main save and it's still not loading! Is there anything else i can do?

Field Researcher
#8 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 4:22 PM
Hello. SO sorry to hear your saved game won't load. I know how frustrating that can be. In my experience, its usually from a corrupt custom lot, world, or pattern. I have put together a guide (mainly for myself) that a few others have found helpful when this happens. Make sure you COPY your Sims 3 folder and place it somewhere safe in case anything goes wrong. (Not saying it will, but ya know just in case) In my experience, once the bad cc is removed from the game, the town can be saved. Although if its been overwritten, those chances are slim

Lmk if you have questions. I'm not a "pro" or anything, but I have found ways around the constant struggle and I will do my best to answer your questions.

GOOD LUCK !! Happy Simming !!

8 steps to follow when your game crashes/wont launch : http://sstutler12.tumblr.com/post/1...launch-fails-to

How I find corrupt/bad cc: http://sstutler12.tumblr.com/post/1...-corrupt-ts3-cc

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stephiebaby
Hello. SO sorry to hear your saved game won't load. I know how frustrating that can be. In my experience, its usually from a corrupt custom lot, world, or pattern. I have put together a guide (mainly for myself) that a few others have found helpful when this happens. Make sure you COPY your Sims 3 folder and place it somewhere safe in case anything goes wrong. (Not saying it will, but ya know just in case) In my experience, once the bad cc is removed from the game, the town can be saved. Although if its been overwritten, those chances are slim

Lmk if you have questions. I'm not a "pro" or anything, but I have found ways around the constant struggle and I will do my best to answer your questions.

8 steps to follow when your game crashes/wont launch : http://sstutler12.tumblr.com/post/1...launch-fails-to

How I find corrupt/bad cc: http://sstutler12.tumblr.com/post/1...-corrupt-ts3-cc

I'm just curious is there anyway to take parts of the save and transfer it to a new safe, if so i can save some little parts that are vital and can't be recreated for my series.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 1:21 AM
The save is basically a big package file, sorta. It is possible, but tedious. It will take a professional to do it. Also, it is also difficult to know which part is the broken ones.

All i really need are the households and lots, so is there any method you can recommend to me?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 4:55 AM
Unfortunately no. Since you cannot load the savefile at all, there is no way to retrieve your household or lots within the game. You can do it via the package method, but you will need a pro to do it for you. There might be one in this forum, I don't know.

However, have you tried loading the save in a clean game? It is likely a mod/cc that corrupted it. If it successfully load in a clean game, then the best option is that you can track the offending mod/cc and your save will be restored 99%, the worse is you can extract your lots and households minus the cc/mods in the savegame.

The save won't load even without CC, so i think that the actual save is corrupted i was just wondering if i could salvage the sims and at least one lot.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 5:44 AM
Make sure you did that test with a brand new user folder and not simply remove the CC/mods folder from your game. There are other factors involved. It is just best to test it with a clean game.

You can ask around for someone who is pro at package management. It wouldn't hurt to ask in the general discussion forum, more people read there (as long as it doesn't violate the forum rules). Mostly, I would imagine modders are the ones who can do this.

There is one more thing you can try, but it is a long shot. Remember, this is not recommended for normal usage, but since your save is busted and we're trying to salvage it.

1) Make a backup of your save.
2) then in your save game, look for your town. There should be 2 files - 1 nhd file and 1 exportDB file. Delete the exportDB file. Also delete travelDB.package file too. Then try to load the game.

As I've said, this is a long shot. Most corrupt saves are corrupted nhd files. But there might be a chance an exportdb file is corrupt. In which case you got lucky.

I will try this and give you an update!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 8:30 AM
I will try this and give you an update!

It didn't load...

Inventor
#18 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 2:38 AM
It didn't load...

Why don't you upload your savegame somewhere and give me a download link? I'll take a look at it when I have some freetime and see if I can salvage some data. I just need the NHD file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Why don't you upload your savegame somewhere and give me a download link? I'll take a look at it when I have some freetime and see if I can salvage some data. I just need the NHD file.

Here is the download link for mediafire,
MediaFire