Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 4:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default magic bar drops to zero and stays at zero when Needs Static
Hello, ever since I started playing the Sims 3 agian I've noticed a problem with witches, Whenever I use the testing cheat "Make Needs Static" my witches magic bar drops to zero and appears to stay at zero, I get the "Magic Power Depleted" moodlet, and it lasts for six hours, but when it disappears the magic bar is still at zero, though I can still do magic at that point.

Is this a glitch from EA/Maxis, or from a conflicting mod, if any one knows could you tell me please?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 5:13 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 14th Sep 2016 at 4:56 PM.
For a quick fix it should be enough to move out the affected Sims in Edit Town to the clipboard at the left and then add them back into their house.

As for a fix to the magic meter depleting while on static needs, yeah, I'm also looking for the mod. I think I saw one once, but can't find it.

The whole issue, I think, has to do with how the magic bar is calculated in reverse to other motives (the motive is full when the magic bar is empty).