Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Mosaic Patch 1.22 to 1.67 edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 5th Jun 2011 at 7:55 PM - Updated 28th Mar 2014 at 7:46 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.67

883 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 398 Feedback Posts, 484 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 36
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 2:02 AM
Thank you! ;D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 2:51 AM
Thank you for this! The pixelling drives me up the wall too. As one poster already stated, its not like anything is going on back there. (Although it is hilarious to see sims sitting on the toilet fully clothed. . .)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 4:47 AM
Or you could just.. you know.. keep the mosaic.
Test Subject
#29 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:31 AM Last edited by RainbowJennyLove : 6th Jun 2011 at 6:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CoLT40FiiVe
Anyone else have the problem where the front of their Sim turns black?

Only have the No Intro mod and some custom content installed. Help anyone?

It only happens to me if i minimize my game in CAS...it will reload up, sim turns black with only eyes and mouth noticeable then turns back to normal within a few seconds, I read somewhere it could be a graphics problem, freaks me out. (x

velocitygrass: Thank you so much for the mod! I was just thinking about it yesterday. (:

First time i've ever commented on anything hehe xx
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 7:46 AM
thanks very much for doing this update and fast too wow.
Test Subject
#31 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CoLT40FiiVe
Anyone else have the problem where the front of their Sim turns black?

Only have the No Intro mod and some custom content installed. Help anyone?

When my sims have turned black I've been missing a skin. It has either been caused by a skin that was not included in a downloaded sim or if I uninstalled a downloaded sim that had custom skin with it. The missing skin renders totally black sims in the game.

Also, thanks for this mod!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#32 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 1:02 PM
Thank you! Stupid pixels finally are gone. Although I heard that the shower whoohoo animation looks awful without pixels...
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 1:52 PM
Hmmmm.....I had just installed NRaas's Decensor mod last night because I couldn't wait for someone to make this mod. Do you know, Velocity, if yours acts the same or differently than that one? The explanation of Decensor was all too techy for me in that I "think" his does other things besides removing the pixels.
I've always used a "No Mosaic" mod and I was a little apprehensive about using something new to get the simple effect that I want. Sorry if I sound like a noob - I am when it comes to mods.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#34 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 2:05 PM
Thank you for the Generations update. Haven't played my Sims in many months. This add a cute play element.
Instructor
#35 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NekoNadia
When my sims have turned black I've been missing a skin. It has either been caused by a skin that was not included in a downloaded sim or if I uninstalled a downloaded sim that had custom skin with it. The missing skin renders totally black sims in the game.

Also, thanks for this mod!

Same here. To fix their skin-tone, I've been pulling the Sim into CAS (which you can do now in Generations if you turn on the TestingCheatsEnabled) or if you are using NRaas Master Controller or something similar.
Test Subject
#36 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by divalbw2
Hmmmm.....I had just installed NRaas's Decensor mod last night because I couldn't wait for someone to make this mod. Do you know, Velocity, if yours acts the same or differently than that one? The explanation of Decensor was all too techy for me in that I "think" his does other things besides removing the pixels.
I've always used a "No Mosaic" mod and I was a little apprehensive about using something new to get the simple effect that I want. Sorry if I sound like a noob - I am when it comes to mods.

Decensor works the same but the difference is that the mosiac appears for the first second (well, millisecond, so its gone pretty quick). And Decensor also has a feature to allow you to turn the mosaic on when your Sim is on the toilet.

I'm no tech person, but I like to help. :P
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 2:37 PM
Thank you so much! This is very much appreciated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 4:35 PM
Thank you. Good job.
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:40 PM
Has anyone else had their CC hair disappear after downloading this Mod?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 8:12 PM
thank you! I love you for this. I was waiting for this mod to be uploaded by someone.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#41 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 8:44 PM
Timely release, thank you.
Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 8:49 PM Last edited by catorix : 6th Jun 2011 at 8:52 PM. Reason: Typo
Quote: Originally posted by vemarri
Catorix, as long as you have updated to the newest patch then no you do not need Generations. The only reason patching alone wouldn't work is if the mod altered a feature of a new EP. The patch was released May 31st, initially painful to find though.

Quote: Originally posted by brett
It really wouldn't matter unless the 1.22 patch added new effects to the game, which I doubt it did. This is just a rewrite so that the new effects in Generations show up normally. If you do not have Generations installed, then you should not be missing any effects. However, installing this newer version will certainly not do any harm, and might fix an effect that was disabled without having Generations.

So yes, I would get this version.

Thank you both for telling me this, I wasn't sure whether I needed it or not.
Inventor
Original Poster
#43 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 9:11 PM
@catorix: As others have said, you shouldn't be missing much, but I would recommend you update anyway, because the patch also added functionality that includes new effects (like memories and dating). And you never know if they changed some internal stuff that's not immediately apparent.

@RainbowJennyLove, NekoNadia, fxchrfxchr: Thanks for the additional information on possible reasons for the black sims. Hopefully it helps those that have this issue.

@divalbw2: As HTLovelock said, Decensor allows you to set for which actions you'd like to remove the blur and there's a 250 ms delay in removing it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:11 PM
I've always wanted the Mosaic in my game and in fact I downloaded it once. The reason I deleted it was because when Sims sit on the toilet with this mod it looks like they're pooping in their pants. I was wondering if there was anyway you could enable the Mosaic just for that, or just for the toilet. If so, I would really appreciate it. I would love to have nudy Sims hanging around my hot tub without shit in their pants.
Inventor
Original Poster
#45 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:41 PM
@Addicted2CC: Since the nudity and toilet blur uses the same effect, I cannot remove one but not the other with this type of mod. However, Twallan's Decensor Mod has the functionality that you'd like.
Instructor
#46 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 11:31 PM
Thankyou very much
Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 1:27 AM
I like this but I do have one issue. If my sims try to sleep in beds included with WA, the game does its own version of 'resetsim' and the sims are standing up (and still tired because they haven't slept!) The only other CC that is ".package" that I have is a treasure box (which I got from this site); other CC is random hair/clothes/sims etc.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 2:00 AM
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH... for getting this out as soon as you did!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@catorix: As others have said, you shouldn't be missing much, but I would recommend you update anyway, because the patch also added functionality that includes new effects (like memories and dating). And you never know if they changed some internal stuff that's not immediately apparent.

@RainbowJennyLove, NekoNadia, fxchrfxchr: Thanks for the additional information on possible reasons for the black sims. Hopefully it helps those that have this issue.

@divalbw2: As HTLovelock said, Decensor allows you to set for which actions you'd like to remove the blur and there's a 250 ms delay in removing it.

Ok, thank you for clarifying this....I'll use yours instead - simple and to the point.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 6:19 AM
thank you
Page 2 of 36