Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Mosaic Patch 1.22 to 1.67 edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 5th Jun 2011 at 7:55 PM - Updated 28th Mar 2014 at 7:46 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.67

883 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 398 Feedback Posts, 484 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 36
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 9:24 AM
I'm a bit confused >_< So I have this one ---> http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=392100 but I like most installed the new Generations EP. Should I get rid of that one and download yours?
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WyrmKing
I'm a bit confused >_< So I have this one ---> http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=392100 but I like most installed the new Generations EP. Should I get rid of that one and download yours?

If you have Generations, this NoMosaic will hide some new special effects too. For example the light shining out of the kids' treehouses or the flashlight when a sim is telling a ghoststory...and and and...

Better use this one.
Test Subject
#53 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 4:48 PM Last edited by biancasimone : 7th Jun 2011 at 4:49 PM. Reason: update on new savefile
Quote: Originally posted by biancasimone
I like this but I do have one issue. If my sims try to sleep in beds included with WA, the game does its own version of 'resetsim' and the sims are standing up (and still tired because they haven't slept!) The only other CC that is ".package" that I have is a treasure box (which I got from this site); other CC is random hair/clothes/sims etc.

**sigh** Apparently updating to Generations and installing No Mosaic = all my savefiles were corrupted. And I didn't have the common sense to back them up before installing the update. Oh well, time to draw up some new sims! They can mourn the untimely disappearance of those who came before them.

(PS - This works great on the new game I created ;-) )
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 4:48 PM
awesome as usual!!! ty so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 5:25 PM
Thank you so much, and is that two guy sims kissing on ur picture? lol cool
Inventor
Original Poster
#56 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 6:59 PM
@biancasimone: I just tested this with all three WA beds and I had no problems to get my sim to sleep, so it doesn't seem to be a general problem. It doesn't sound like something that CC like hair/clothes would cause. I'm not sure if maybe custom beds could override something. You could also check if your treasure box mod is up-to-date for the patch. Other than that I'm afraid I can't help you.

Regarding the corrupted savefiles: I read reports of this on the official forum (and I don't think it's related to this mod). I haven't opened an old save file yet and tend to start new games with every new EP, though there was one particular family with teenage kids that I stopped playing because of Generations. (I'm also quite compulsive about keeping backups. I use Twallan's Saver and save every single time as a new save game, so I have backups in increments of half an hour of gameplay, which I then delete after a while when it seem safe.) I'm glad it works on the new game

@WyrmKing: As Simfan2000 said, you should use the No Mosaic mod that fits the version (patch level) you're running. In particular for new EPs/SPs new effects for new objects will be introduced and those won't be part of the old No Mosaic package and thus those new effects will be missing.

@keg10609: Yes, it is. I always play with this couple (in different versions, though, with different traits and wishes).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:00 PM
I am glad to see that you are always ontop of things keeping your patch up to date with new versions, but i had just one question. Was just wondering why you made a new patch when the old one still worked?.........at least i havent noticed any bugs caused by it ? any way keep up the good work, thnx
Inventor
Original Poster
#58 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:16 PM
To clarify: I did not post any of the previous No Mosaic mods available at MTS. I've used my own edits of the effects file for a while now and also updated for Generations and decided to share it when it didn't seem like the others would be updated (as quickly as there was demand for it).

@deucide: It's always best to use the No Mosaic mod that fits with your game version. If you have Generations and use an old No Mosaic mod, you will not have the booby trap effect or the tree house effects (just to name the two that I illustrated in my post) or any of the other new effects. Even if you do not have Generations and only patch 1.22, you will have effects missing, like the spinning hearts when sims go out on a date or the smileys for new memories. These missing effects aren't game breaking, but they can be nice to look at and/or useful information.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:51 PM
Regarding your corrupted save files , Bianca . In the corrupted saves is there a meta file there in the save folders or is it missing ? If the meta file is missing then all may not be lost regarding your saves
Test Subject
#60 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@biancasimone: I just tested this with all three WA beds and I had no problems to get my sim to sleep, so it doesn't seem to be a general problem. It doesn't sound like something that CC like hair/clothes would cause. I'm not sure if maybe custom beds could override something. You could also check if your treasure box mod is up-to-date for the patch. Other than that I'm afraid I can't help you.

It was my favorite game, too It's okay, I should have backed up everything! I usually do but I just wasn't thinking this was a BIG update. Guess I'll start it from scratch and hope the kids are as cute as before ;-)

Quote: Originally posted by Bruce Banner
Regarding your corrupted save files , Bianca . In the corrupted saves is there a meta file there in the save folders or is it missing ? If the meta file is missing then all may not be lost regarding your saves

The file is actually there, but the first indication that it was corrupted was the sims not being able to sleep in beds. The second or third time I opened it, one of the sims was duplicated in everyone's relationship tab. The final time I opened it, only one sim was actually accessible in the family of five. I couldn't export any of the sims or anything, so I'd just call it a total loss. (
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 11:40 AM
wow~ Thank you so much!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 2:17 PM
It's telling me 404 not found ? I would like this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 4:13 PM
Thank you. This is a must have mod.
Inventor
Original Poster
#64 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 5:23 PM
@biancasimone: Maybe you could try Twallan's error code mod to see if it fixes some corruptions. If you do have to start from scratch, I hope that the kids will be even cuter than before

@vel: I just checked and it downloaded without problems. There was another user that reported having to try several times until it worked. I would suggest you try again and it should work.
Test Subject
#65 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 7:23 AM
To clarify: I did not post any of the previous No Mosaic mods available at MTS. I've used my own edits of the effects file for a while now and also updated for Generations and decided to share it when it didn't seem like the others would be updated (as quickly as there was demand for it).

@deucide: It's always best to use the No Mosaic mod that fits with your game version. If you have Generations and use an old No Mosaic mod, you will not have the booby trap effect or the tree house effects (just to name the two that I illustrated in my post) or any of the other new effects. Even if you do not have Generations and only patch 1.22, you will have effects missing, like the spinning hearts when sims go out on a date or the smileys for new memories. These missing effects aren't game breaking, but they can be nice to look at and/or useful information.

yeah ............. i guess i didnt read too close b4 i made that post ..... i tend to be half asleep when i get on here after 12 1/2 hour shifts ...... but i noticed what you are talking about, and in reguards to what someone else posted about "shit in the sims pants" , lmao ........ has anyone ever came up with a mod to make those idiots drop there pants befor they take a dump ???????
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 11:36 AM
Thank you so much dude!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 5:02 PM
Thank you SO much. This was driving me crazy.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#68 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 4:49 PM
Yes! Thanks so much! I occasionally get migraine headaches and the pixel blur messes with my head and makes it hurt! Seriously.

I'm so happy for people like you!
Test Subject
#69 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 7:36 AM
For some reason this mod doesn't work for me. I even took out all the other mods that I had in my package folder and it still didn't work for me. Can anyone help me?
Inventor
Original Poster
#70 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hkv86
For some reason this mod doesn't work for me. I even took out all the other mods that I had in my package folder and it still didn't work for me. Can anyone help me?
This mod should work like any other package mod. Maybe you can double-check that your mod environment is up to date by looking at the CC-guide linked under Install instructions.
Test Subject
#71 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 1:24 AM
This mod should work like any other package mod. Maybe you can double-check that your mod environment is up to date by looking at the CC-guide linked under Install instructions.
Thanks I got it working now. This mod is great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 5:08 AM
Thanks! The mosaic can make my game a bit laggy, so I'm glad you made this.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#73 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 12:27 PM
Thank you very much, I just hate checkered Sims
Test Subject
#74 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 5:56 PM
Hi! I think this is geneous! Have you ever thought making a "no mosaic" for The Sims 2 ? I play both games and I miss it in TS2...
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 8:05 PM
You'll find one for Sims 2 at Sexy Sims the sister site to this place ( http://nene.sexysims2.com/index2.php )
Page 3 of 36