Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Mosaic Patch 1.22 to 1.67 edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 5th Jun 2011 at 7:55 PM - Updated 28th Mar 2014 at 7:46 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.67

883 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 398 Feedback Posts, 484 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 36
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 12:44 AM
Coolio!
<3 Thx
Test Subject
#77 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:13 AM
Patch Version
If my game version is the latest, then whats my patch?
Please Help?
Inventor
Original Poster
#78 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by greengal006
If my game version is the latest, then whats my patch?

The relevant patch level is that of the base game. You can find it out by hovering with the mouse over the base game icon in the launcher as in this screenshot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 6:37 PM
I had an old version from other creator & it makes the flash in sledgehammer stay were i deleted things, so i was looking for a new update for no mosaic and i found yours, i have the base game and its 1.22 unfortunately i dont have any Expansions yet so i only have the sims 3 base game, i wanted to ask what will happen if i put your mods in my sims 3? what effects or things is gonna be affected? Thanks in Advance.
Inventor
Original Poster
#80 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 6:54 PM
@MichelleBerry: This mod only removes the mosaic for nudity. All other effects remain in place (unless you have a separate mod that removes them by other means, e.g. a texture override). If you don't have expansions, effects specific to things in the expansion won't matter to you, because you won't see them in any case. But quite a few things with effects have been added in the patch even for base game players like the floating hearts for dating or the memory smileys. You'll still see all of those effects.

If you want other effects removed, you can try my new "Create your own effects mod" tool, available here.

I hope this answers your question.
Test Subject
#81 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@MichelleBerry: This mod only removes the mosaic for nudity. All other effects remain in place (unless you have a separate mod that removes them by other means, e.g. a texture override). If you don't have expansions, effects specific to things in the expansion won't matter to you, because you won't see them in any case. But quite a few things with effects have been added in the patch even for base game players like the floating hearts for dating or the memory smileys. You'll still see all of those effects.

If you want other effects removed, you can try my new "Create your own effects mod" tool, available here.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks for the answer, ill download your mosaic remover. Good Job!!
Test Subject
#82 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 9:57 PM
I have all the expansions (generations included) and none of the stuff packs. I haven't downloaded any no mosaic patches for previous expansions and I have the latest game patch. Do I have to download previous no mosaic patches or just this one?
Inventor
Original Poster
#83 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 10:38 PM
@thotmes: You should only ever use one No Mosaic mod at a time and always the one that fits your patch level. In your case, if you are on the latest game patch, it is enough to download this one.
Test Subject
#84 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@thotmes: You should only ever use one No Mosaic mod at a time and always the one that fits your patch level. In your case, if you are on the latest game patch, it is enough to download this one.

Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 3:52 PM
This kind of mod is absolute one of the most important ones for me - without it my eyes hurt looking at huge squares ;P So thank you for making and updating this one :D
Test Subject
#86 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:29 PM
I downloaded this, and suddenly my launcher won't start up. I have NO mods except this one, and I have every expansion and patch. I have a MacBook Pro. I tried deleting the mod, but it still isn't working. Suggestions? Am I the only one this has happened to?
Inventor
Original Poster
#87 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:41 PM
@JohnnyDeppLover: I don't really know anything about how different or similar mods work on a Mac. Did you set up the modding environment in order to use this mod? Maybe something went wrong there? When you removed the mod, did you undo everything you did to set up your game for mods?
Test Subject
#88 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 5:50 PM
@velocitygrass Thank you for replying so quickly! I restarted my computer and the launcher works again, so yay! As for how my modding is set up, I use this guide, http://www.techno360.in/install-mod...ms-3-ambitions/. The launcher works, but the mod still doesn't. My game is patched to 8.0, and yours says 1.22. Did I miss a patch? My game says there aren't any more.
Inventor
Original Poster
#89 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:03 PM
The 1.22 refers to the base game patch version. You should be able to check that when hovering over the base game icon in your launcher.

As for the mod not working: I looked at the site and one thing I noticed was that the Resource.cfg that you can download there seems to have an uppercase "Packages" path, whereas the image has a lowercase "packages" subfolder. Google tells me paths on Macs are semi-case-sensitive, so it might be worth a shot to rename it to uppercase.
Test Subject
#90 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 6:08 PM
Ok, I'll try that. Hovering over the base game doesn't seem to give me a patch number, just The Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, etc. I'm really sorry I keep bugging you. I'm still not used to my new computer, and mods don't seem to like my Mac :/
Test Subject
#91 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 10:55 PM
Ok, it turns out they're already uppercase. :/ Is there any other way to find the patch number that you know of? I'm really grateful of the help you've given me so far.
Inventor
Original Poster
#92 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 11:21 PM
@JohnnyDeppLover: The foldername in your filesystem is also uppercase?

I'm not sure if it's the same for you, but there is a file called "skuversion.txt" in my The Sims 3/Game/Bin folder (i.e. the installation folder not where you put the mods). The first line in that file is "GameVersion = 1.22.9.011002" for me.

In any case, if your game says you're fully patched you'll probably have that patch.

Maybe you could simply go through the process again with these instructions. They specifically mention the Mac. For me the images on that page currently won't load, so you might have to go to the source code of that page to actually get the download link. Or maybe the site downtime has already started.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 2:25 PM
I like this mod but the thought of woohoo in shower with this gave me a creepy idea. Will it still block the censor when they woohoo in the shower?
Test Subject
#94 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 5:53 PM Last edited by MassEffectee81 : 29th Jun 2011 at 6:15 PM.
hi all =) great mod =D I'm new to modding the sims and without sounding like too much of a noob =S I just want to know if I'm putting this file in the right folder (I've read all the install instructions but I'm still unsure) do i extract to my downloads folder? any help would be most welcome....

ignore the above comment lol I've realised where I was going wrong I hadn't installed the Mods folder lol wow don't I feel foolish lol eeeee its working oh I'm so happy i could dance while singing in Simmish lol THANK YOU!!! Amazing mod.
Inventor
Original Poster
#95 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 10:16 PM
@Hunter Jin: This mod completely removes the blocks/censor effect including when it occurs for Woohoo in the shower.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#96 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 3:17 AM
As always you are Da Bomb! tee hee ^_^
Test Subject
#97 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 4:10 PM
Hi!
Well i have a bit of a problem, i downloaded it and exrtact it with WinRAR in my download file, but it dosent work.. Please help, i suck at downloading from other sites then thesims3.com's exchange xD lol
Inventor
Original Poster
#98 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 6:24 PM
@jessicanz: If this is your first package mod, you should read the detailed instructions linked above under the "Install Instructions". The guide should answer all your questions. Good luck!
Test Subject
#99 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 7:38 PM
Thanks, but it still didn't work, or maybe i just did something wrong.. :/
Well well, great uploade anyways
Test Subject
#100 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 3:20 PM
I think I may have fixed it! I tried starting up the launcher with Ambitions instead of Generations, and it said it had an update ready. I'm going through all of them now, I'll get back to you if it works. Wish me luck! *crosses fingers* Pleaseworkpleaseworkpleaseworkpleasework...
Page 4 of 36