Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Geneticized! Purplepaws' Maxis Match Skintones

by aqualectrix Posted 24th Feb 2008 at 5:50 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2008 at 3:51 PM by aqualectrix

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 4:58 AM
These are awesome thanks! I love the Maxis cartoony-ness too.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 5:56 AM
You know, I have downloaded tons of skins and I'm coming back to the Maxi's as the best. These are great additions!! Thanks!!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 6:15 AM
It's generally known that Maxis-match is just só much better, so no secrets here.

These are great, but I don't think I really get what they exactly do... Could you maybe explain it better to this sleepy person? :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 7:36 AM
WONDERFUL!!

I've "geneticized" all the skin tones I have yet the offspring of Sims with Maxis skin tones never look right. With these That problem is solved. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 1:41 PM
Thanks, I love the skin.
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 5:47 PM
I love these. I like to make hispanic looking sims and the maxis tan just didn't quite do it. Thanks so much.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Avaluna
These are great, but I don't think I really get what they exactly do... Could you maybe explain it better to this sleepy person? :D

I have taken Purplepaws' skins and assigned genetic values to them. The originals had a genetic value of 0, which means the game saw them just like any other non-geneticized custom skin -- they were always dominant.

With the geneticized versions, the games sees the skins as in-between the Maxis tones, and they function just like that -- for example, a sim with the S4 skin (.9) and a sim with the S2 skin (.3) may have a child with the S4, S3, or S2 skin -- or, with these skins added, the Tan Medium (.45) or Medium Dark (.75) skintones since their genetic values fall between .3 and .9.

Hope that helps!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:05 AM
So, just as a question, did you townie-enable these, too, so that I actually get sims that show up with the 0.95 and 0.05 values? I never really create many sims anymore, so that's a definite feature I'm looking for.

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 1:49 PM
My game is townie-free and all my NPCs wear a robot skin, so I didn't even think about townie-izing them. But I can certainly see that doing so would be desirable, and I'll look into it.

I'm afraid I can't promise I will update them soon, though -- I'm going to be away from my Simming computer for about a week and a half.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:41 PM
Thanks for the explanation aqualectrix! I get it now.
That's very clever made!
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 9:50 PM
Much obliged! Brilliant work!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 1:18 AM Last edited by ~Iris~ : 28th Feb 2008 at 2:05 PM. Reason: Other question answered, must read posts on more than 2 hours of sleep >_<
I think I get what you're saying, but have one questions:

1. Will these show up under the custom skins section in CAS, or will they have their own color assigned stick figure like the maxis sims do?

Very cool download, thank you for this .

Biggest wishes for TS3:
Wider variety of harvestables and crops from TS1 & TS2 returning to the game
Wider variety of foods
More gems/metals/rocks/ore
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 8:33 AM
I like Maxis' style in-game the best. Having a realistic sim, however gorgeous, always looks so strange to me.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 2:47 PM Last edited by sims2playerette : 2nd Mar 2008 at 3:55 AM. Reason: Fixed, just have to try, try and try again :P
EDIT: Fixed, all gone, no problem, it's great! Lol, thanks for this, I've been using the skintones for a while and was wondering where I could get this! Hooray for genius'

Life is waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 6:51 PM Last edited by emspp : 3rd Mar 2008 at 3:10 PM.
So, is this right?
If I have a sim with medium/light skin (.30) and she has a child with a medium/tan guy (.60) it might be your in between skin? 0.45? Right? I hope I've got that right.
EDIT: That's what happened, so for all that don't understand, read the first bit of this post.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 2:13 AM
Iris -- these show up under the custom skins section in CAS.

emspp -- You have it precisely. Your couple might have a child with .3, .45, or .6 skin.
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd May 2008 at 3:30 PM
These are very nice. While I love the look some of the more detailed skins,I've decided that in game it is too annoying...if everyone doesn't have the same level of detail, it can look freakish. I like that this adds some options without making them too different from the originals. And the fact that the genetics will work properly is great! Thanks for sharing your work.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th May 2008 at 8:11 PM
Great! Now all I am asking for is an anatomically correct version for the females (no need for males, as I am using a global hack mod here)
Would that be possible?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 6:49 PM
Great idea, I love it.

But... I've noticed that you didn't update these skins up to Bon Voyage ! So, these skins can't be frozen (the Sim will be frozen, but the skin willn't), hot, and they can't have tanning or sunburn.

I think it's a long way to update it, but it will be better !
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 3:48 AM
I like the Maxis skins too ;3 I don't particularly like my sims to look like they're wearing tons of makeup and have shimmery skin... Thank you! ^.^

P E A C HH I N A

"I object! That was... objectionable!"
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 9:20 PM
Request: BonVoyage update so they can suffer hypothermia, sunburn, and suntan...

I still wuv it though. <3

Success is getting up one more time than you fall down.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 7:42 PM
Isn't that a Seasons update you're asking for?
Mad Poster
#24 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 9:10 PM
Thanks, I loved Purplepaws intermediate tones! Geneticized is even better!! LOL :D
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Isn't that a Seasons update you're asking for?

Yep... :D
Page 1 of 2