Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 5:14 AM
Default Different Methods of Dying
Basically, this thread is just to find out what have your sims died from?

So far I've had old age, fire, and a blue ghost which I really need to figure out what that means.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 5:18 AM
Old age but I did have one from hysteria.

Ghosts change colours depending on their mood don't they? A blue ghost could be confident.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Figlilly
Old age but I did have one from hysteria.

Ghosts change colours depending on their mood don't they? A blue ghost could be confident.

Seriously? I didn't know that. I thought they kept their colors. That's pretty cool. Although, if it's actually what my sim died from, and she died from being too confident I swear I'm going to roll over laughing.
Inventor
#4 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 6:06 AM
Old age and fire. My household was to big some just... had to go

EDIT: Light blue is confident dark blue saddness
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 1:14 AM
Hand buzzer trick.
Scholar
#6 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 1:33 AM
Old Age, Anger (intended), Starvation (intended), Embarassment (not intended and was pleaded for succesfully).
I tried for death by woohoo with an elderly couple, to allow them to die doing what they loved most, but it didn´t work despite warnings popping up left and right.
Instructor
#7 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 2:30 AM
Rejected marriage proposal

My simblr AsdSims
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo
Rejected marriage proposal

I've heard about this twice. What exactly happens? Because I've gotten the rejected marriage proposal and then I just make my sims keep talking to the sim they were trying to become engaged with. I've never had them die on me.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
Old age and fire. My household was to big some just... had to go

EDIT: Light blue is confident dark blue saddness

I thought sims could not die from being very sad because of how someone could read that as depression and then suicide which is probably a tad too dark. I'd probably stop playing for awhile if I saw that...

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Scholar
#10 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 12:20 PM
Woohoo and electrolution.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Instructor
#11 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 12:59 PM
One of my first TS4 sims died from embarrasment since the entire family kept insisting on walking in on each other in the bathroom like all the time. Since then, I make sure to have more than one bathroom in every household with more than two sims. :p
Field Researcher
#12 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celia
Hand buzzer trick.

How do you do this? I just shocked the same sim 4 times with the handbuzzer trying to kill them. (I am so bad at killing sims...)
Scholar
#13 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silly Merricat
How do you do this? I just shocked the same sim 4 times with the handbuzzer trying to kill them. (I am so bad at killing sims...)

There´s a mod that makes the handbuzzer lethal: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=541462

@SimsOMedia
When the proposal is rejected, the proposing sim becomes Embarrassed stage 3 (don´t know what it´s called). Only playful, angry and embarrassed have a stage 3 and if a sim remains in that state too long, they die. How long exactly seems to differ. My sim that died from embarrassement keeled over almost the very moment, whereas my angry sim took a few hours.

@H.O.W.
It´s not possible to die from sadness in the sims, no worries there. The color of the ghosts isn´t the emotion they were in when they died, but their current emotion. My ghosts tend to cycle a lot through emotions during their nightly visits.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silly Merricat

It must vary. For one of them, it took two tries. Another was killed on the first try. I had thought it took more than one try, and was surprised. Perhaps their "emotion" at the time has something to do with it.

Enki, when I read your post I checked to make sure, I don't have that mod.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 4:52 PM
I'm tryinng to get one of my elder sims to die of overexertion, man is it hard, I had one of them woohoo 6 times and nothing happened, this was WAY before I started using Mods, too...
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 11:19 PM Last edited by vanessahuckeby : 7th Jul 2015 at 5:02 AM.
Mine have died of starvation (purposeful), embarrassment (peed self, and then rejected proposal), over-exertion (an elder from too much woohoo), old age, anger, and hysteria.
OH! I forgot about cowplant! yes, I've lost a couple to cowplant!
Inventor
#17 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 12:01 AM
Wow you are a killing machine. I've lost my killers touch from when I was young (10). I remeber trapping sims and starting fires just for the fun of it.

Check out my Simblr
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 12:09 PM
First sim died from electrocution.
Second one died form being enraged (jelousy & caught spouse cheating).
Third sim died from embarssment (awkward conversation and rejected proposal).
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 12:52 PM
Mine have died of old age, anger, starvation, embarassment, hysteria, drowning, beign eated by cow plant, hard hitting (sorry if I wrote it wrong) and by too much activity.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
Wow you are a killing machine. I've lost my killers touch from when I was young (10). I remeber trapping sims and starting fires just for the fun of it.

At least I usually try to plead for their lives - usually! <evil grin>