Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 2:03 AM
Default Clean installer not showing contents of lot
OK, I have read the 'clean installer empty' threads, but not sure if this is my prob.

I have just built a couple of townhouses to upload, using the latest AL pack, and I didn't use one bit of custom content. Every single thing is from the expansion packs. I read that cleaning the lot in installer is a must regardless, as C.C can get 'stuck' in the lot whether you include it or not.

So I packaged the lot to a file, and open it in clean installer. The lot shows up, but how do I open it to see what C.C has 'stuck' itself to it? It doesn't automatically show, and there is no option to show the content of the lot.

The only options are to save it (which I know not to overwrite) Does this mean it has been cleaned ok?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't get it, and I reaaaally want to upload it here. And I have tried looking through other threads, but I can't find one with the same problem.

Thansk heaps in advance xx

"Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever".
R.I.P Brandon Lee
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 2:06 AM
I forgot to mention this is the latest clean installer. I only downloaded it this week, as I have started everything fresh with AL, including very minimal CC.

R.I.P Brandon Lee
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 11:48 AM
If there's no custom content showing when you check it in Clean Installer, but you still see the "lot segment for upload" bit in there, then your lot is fine and is already clean.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 7:14 AM
thanks so much for your help I'm guessing that means that when you get custom content sticking to a lot, it will show up automatically when you open CI.
(yes, I'm a simpleton, takes me a while to get used to a new program )

R.I.P Brandon Lee