Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#1151 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tcbandie10
So there is no possible way to make them recolorable?
I assume that you would have to make them recolorable, just as Numenor did with the CEP.

I have no idea how to do this, but you could look at CEP to see whether you can figure it out.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1152 Old 18th May 2013 at 2:43 AM
I originally posted this in the bedding mini tutorial thread but got no answer, so posted it here too. If its in the wrong place, my apologies.

I can't understand that no matter what I do, my single bed bedding always has a seam right down the middle of it. I am using a plain satin-look texture with no pattern ,,just a solid color. I used the templates(newer ones) to do it with and still get the seam. How do I fix this? I do realize theres not been any replies to this thread in a long time, so i hope someone answers.

Edit: here is a screenshot.

Field Researcher
#1153 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:10 PM
Quick question. This thread was started in 2005. That's... a very long time ago, technology-wise. The post says to download Nvidia DDS Utilities in order for something-or-other to work, but back then, Windows XP was the new black. Does all of this still apply to this day?
Site Helper
#1154 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 4:07 AM
Yes, it still applies.
Test Subject
#1155 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 10:26 PM Last edited by Z-Cat : 4th Dec 2015 at 6:55 PM. Reason: update
Everything works until the last step....
Apologies for a question on a ten year old thread. I just started using Sims PE yesterday. I'm a late bloomer.

Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
>>> TUTORIAL <<<

--MASSIVE SNIP--

The recolour is finished
Copy the package into the downloads folder and fire up the game: your brand new colour option will be available in the Buy Mode catalog, when selecting the "4by4 Designer Chandelier" ceiling lamp.

--ANOTHER SNIP--

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate.

I have everything installed EXCEPT Glamour Life.
--UPDATE 'cause Amazon finally came through--I now have all EPs and SPs:
  • Double Deluxe
  • UL Collection
  • BoB Collection
  • Fun With Pets Collection
  • BV
  • Seasons
  • FT
  • AL
  • Happy Holiday Stuff
  • Glamour Life
Does not affect my original problem.

I have recently (within the last two days in December 2015) installed SimsPE v.0.73.44.37511, the CEP (potty test is good), and the NVDIA utilities.

I went through this tutorial step by step:
  1. I started SimsPE and created a recolor package containing off and on versions of the 4x4 lampshade (hereinafter the "green" versions)
  2. I exported both -off- and -on- as png files. This worked. I have the files.
  3. I opened the green versions in the gimp and did a simple slider recolor, producing the "purple" versions (don't ask). This also worked--got the files.
  4. Back in SimsPE, I right clicked the green -off- icon to use the DDS utilities and imported the purple -off- file. I confirmed. I saved. I repeated for the -on- version
  5. When I closed SimsPE (later; overnight) and opened it again, the icons in the package file were purple.
  6. I dragged the new package file with the purple lampshades into Documents/EA Games/TheSims2/Downloads, where I have on other occasions successfully installed downloaded custom content.

When I started the game and looked for my recolor, I had the original Maxis colors plus one other--an additional identical green one, complete with custom content asterisk

Duh. I feel supremely stupid.

Package zipped and attached. If there's anyone still out there who can help me figure this out, please know that I am most appreciative.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Z-Cat_4by4lamp.rar (4.5 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
Theorist
#1156 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 11:00 PM
@Z-Cat - I took a look at your package, good news is there is nothing wrong with it. Even more good news your purple light shows up in game. Bad news I have no idea why it is not showing up in your game. I would suggest taking your package out of your downloads folder, then put it back in and see if it works. Let me know how it goes.

I've never read Numenor's tutorial, so I'm a little confused as to why you would have to drag and drop the package into your downloads folder, however, I would suggest saving your package to the downloads folder in future. Heading off to read the tutorial now.
Screenshots

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Test Subject
#1157 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 3:48 AM
Default So I did it right and it's still wrong?
Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
@Z-Cat - I took a look at your package, good news is there is nothing wrong with it. Even more good news your purple light shows up in game. Bad news I have no idea why it is not showing up in your game. I would suggest taking your package out of your downloads folder, then put it back in and see if it works. Let me know how it goes.

Many thanks for looking at my problem. I'll certainly try moving the package file out, and then putting it back. Eventually, I'll figure it out

Thanks again!
Test Subject
#1158 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 4:28 AM
Default It worked it worked it worked!
Quote: Originally posted by Michelle
I've never read Numenor's tutorial, so I'm a little confused as to why you would have to drag and drop the package into your downloads folder

Deleting and restoring didn't work. I had the file saved elsewhere on my hard disk, since I'm uncomfortable using an actual game folder for fooling around. However, I created another 4x4 package, directly in my downloads folder, and imported the purple graphics.

Voilá! Thanks for the hint that helped me solve it!

Now I'm off to recolor some other stuff until I get the process internalized. Again, many thanks.
Instructor
#1159 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 3:03 PM
theres an issue going on. I can't recolor objects in object workshop. when i create a new recolor of the object, only the MMAT file shows up in the resource tree. nothing else is listed with it. I have CEP installed and im running sims 2 ultimate collection... could someone please help me fix this issue?
Instructor
#1160 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 3:01 PM
I know this is an old thread..but wanted to say thank you for this tutorial..I am just learning how to recolor.and I needed pictures lol..sat staring at SimPE and a tutorial I had printed off without pictures for hours yesterday..lol..now that I have pictures I can try and do this again..but just wanted to say thank you..someone gave me this link..
Instructor
#1161 Old 24th Jun 2017 at 1:39 AM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 18th Jul 2017 at 5:41 PM.
I know I am double posting..but I just wanted to say thank you again for this simple tutorial..and I have made 2 lamp shade recolors using this..I also want to show you the pictures..

This is the first one..I used this pattern because I had also made a wallpaper..with this pattern

And this is the second one I made with the same lamp..

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your hard work on making these tutorials..for us.. :lovestruc
Page 47 of 47