Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 12:10 PM
Default Is the game worth it?
Is the Medieval Sims worth buying? I just dont want to waste my money on it if I'm not gonna play it. Like what's new in the game? I watched the trailer, but we all know the trailers are never like the games.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 12:16 PM
Fewer needs, total questing all the time, and the usual simish like hang ups (kids not growing up, jipped on a few quests, etc.) But have to say I do like how much simpler the medieval days are though.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 1:05 PM
Definitely worth buying, comparing it to the other Sims games. Game loads fast and runs fast, whereas Sims3 runs like a dog, chug chug chugging along. The graphics are much nicer, not the cartoony contrasty Sims3 graphics. Sims look much better, lighting is better.

Gameplay is fine, it's cool enough walking around with your Wizard throwing spells and collecting stuff as it is going to the clubs in Sims3.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 1:43 PM
I have to say that it's my favourite Sim game released so far. ^_^
I love the feel of the gameplay, the way the sims look, the quests, the interactions, the jobs/classes, pretty much everything. I mean, you actually get to duel... with swords!

The only thing that I'm not so keen on is the trouble with children (no option to not have them without a mod, they don't grow up, and you can't build extra rooms so it's hard to have them around). But, there is a mod to stop pregnancy. :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 2:18 PM
It is very different, you dont have to care for thier needs as much, you can spend more time doing the quests it gives you, which keep it interesting. I thought you could just choose one of the types of character to play with, but actually you play with them all on different quests... but you only have to look after the one or 2 who are the main characters in the quest.
although you can still ener buy mode and buy them stuff, theres not really any building of the houses, it's all done for you, so if thats what you looked forward to on the other games you might not lie it, but the character building is just as good if not better and the way you play with your sim better.
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 2:40 PM
kinda get boring fast
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 2:53 PM
Second that, the focus on quests has an unfortunate drawback: you do them so often they get boring sooner than they should. But all in all, its a great game. Just needs more content, more quests and more freedom.

So, my opinion: buy it, play it, use the mods and if the expansion comes out - buy it too.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 3:25 PM
TSM would have served better as an expansion to SIms 3. Like, get in the time machine and spend some time doing quests in the past - something similar to WA. As its own game it's a little bit disappointing. I especially dislike that personal life and love are practically unecessary. But I still play for variation. Would not have bought it if I have had the opportunity to test it first.

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
Scholar
#9 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 4:50 PM
quest editor would be nice
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 9:12 PM
The decision to make Ambition (Campaign) completion only trigger when you use all your QP (Which you spend to get quests) makes the quests themselves wear thin overly quickly. In the first few ambitions I hit platinum with a good chunk of my QP remaining.

In the event you do buy this game, I strongly suggest using the testingcheatsenabled=1 and the setQP commands to trim your QP numbers so you can complete an ambition at an appropriate time; instead of wading through most of the game content before you're done the first ambition.
This will likely improve your enjoyment:playtime ratio with the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 10:42 PM
that kind of suck that the children dont grow up but they can have children :/
If it's like WA with quest I think it would get boring fast, but If I have extra money in my pocket I might reconsider