Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 3:59 PM
Default Bridgeport refuses to load
This is a really strange problem I'm having. Bridgeport refuses to load. I've tried the following things:

- Deleting all cache files
- Forcing the game to generate a new My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder
- Replacing the old Bridgeport world file with ellacharmed's fixed one
- Reinstalling Late Night (did this step before the one above)

The strange thing is that I am fully able to play in Twinbrook. I have yet to try out Sunset Valley. Anyone got any similar experience to this?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 5:41 PM
what patch is your game is? if it's 1.67 then just re-patch it with superpatch 1.67 after you reinstalled LN, this usually fix the missing link after uninstalling and reinstalling EP/SP, but if your game is 1.69, you may need to check it with Origin how to re-patch with 1.69..
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 1:04 AM
In addition, there used to be a bug with Bridgeport and the auto-placement of Ambitions lots (Salon, Consignment Store, Junkyard) that caused the game to crash or not load. Either try to load it with a completely empty Library folder or get a mod by blugenjutsu at simsasylum.com (it's called something like No Auto Placement of expansion lots) that stops auto placement of additional community lots and see whether this allows Bridgeport to load again.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 6:58 AM
Also, if you are on Patch 1.69, make sure that LN is among the EPs that are checkboxed on the 1.69 Launcher's EP/SP chooser tab. If LN doesn't load, then there is no Bridgeport. The new Launcher "feature" is notorious for forgetting selections made in between game sessions.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 10:01 AM
To be honest, I don't even know what to expect anymore. I've gone back to patch 1.67 because being on 1.69 is useless. Sometimes Bridgeport loads up, rarely it ever does and now I am having the same problem with Aurora Skies and Al Simhara. Sunset Valley and Isla Paradiso loads up just fine though. Maybe I should just reinstall the whole game?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 10:17 AM
How did you "go back" to 1.67 without reinstalling the whole game? If you applied the SuperPatch on top of a 1.69 install in order to downpatch, that is known to be game-breaking. Most who try that end up with a Launcher that says version 0.0.0.0 and a game that doesn't work at all.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69
Instructor
#7 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 11:25 AM
if you have the TS3 BG disc and all your EPs and SPs are also in disc, stay with 1.67, backup your TS3 docs folder and then remove the whole game and start to reinstall with fresh new clean installation of the BG, followed with EPs SPs, starting with WA HE AM FL LN OL GN TL PE MS ST KP DS SU SE 70s UN IP MV IF then patch it with superpatch 1.67, patching to 1.67 is the last step, if you skip one of the EPs or SPs and want to add it later then you have to repatch it with 1.67 after adding your EPs or SPs, after done patching your game with 1.67, copy and paste your DeviceConfig and Option.ini from your backup TS3 docs folder, set up FPS limiter for TS3.. and your new TS3 is ready to roll
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:54 PM
The thing is, I just retried the whole CC 50/50 method. At first I ended up with a bunch of mods that made it possible to load Al Simhara and Bridgeport, and some that refused to load Al Simhara. Deleted that small bunch. Put it all back together, Al Simhara will still not load. I'm thinking about breaking my computer with a sledgehammer.

And going back to 1.67 worked fine, I have not gotten the 0.0.0.0 problem. But thank you PapaEmy I might try to reinstall everything.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 12:46 AM
Hi ZenGarden- haven't seen you in a while. Going back to 1.67 really didn't work fine, since you are having trouble loading some worlds. I think your current install has gone to the bad place and is not coming back. I suggest you uninstall the game, clear registry, reinstall base game and any EPs and SPs, and then install the 1.67 super patch. Good luck!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 6:47 PM
Even though problems we're existent before going back a patch, reinstalling the whole game was not such a bad idea. I also cleaned out nearly all CC that wasn't absolutely necessary (NRaas, MSCMOD, some make-up, a starry sky mod). My game is even much faster now!