Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 3:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets, Seasons
Default Custom Content Problems.
Hello, I am having trouble with my custom content that I have downloaded. Some of it appears while some doesn't. I followed the guide given to me, clearing catches but nothing is working. I have all the expansion packs, all fully updated as far as I am aware. I have attached everything that is requested of me, I just hope somebody can figure out why my content isn't working.

The Sims 3
GameVersion = 1.69.43.024017
Code:0.XL-2.0.32
Asset:1.Content.rl.41
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnail.dl.933
TCC:1.TCC.dl.1209

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 6:52 AM
Ok just from looking at the screenshots:

You have at least 3 "default" skin packages installed. You can only have one "default" skin. (Suggestion: Choose ONE default skin and replace the others with "non default" version of those other skins)

On the "fastertoyoven skill thing you have at least 3 speeds of it installed. I think you probably should choose just one speed like 2x or whichever you want and get rid of all the others. (Suggestion: Choose the speed you want and delete the others then make sure you delete your script cache file before you start the game up again.)

Again on the "Unique adventures" mod you have several different amounts installed. I would think the creator of this mod intended for you to only choose ONE version. (Suggestion: remove all of them except one version and delete that script cache file before starting your game again )

Try doing my suggestions and restart a new game and see if anything has gotten better for you.

Some of the mods you have installed I have never used or even heard of. I will leave it to the other guys here that have used them to make suggestions about them if needed.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 6:55 AM
You have three different versions of... (cut)

Whoops nevermind, beaten to the punch and by someone with a more complete answer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 1:27 PM
Ok, I did what you said and removed those files, but I also went ahead and tested all my mods, to see what worked and what didn't. I've uploaded a screenshot of the mods that don't show up in detected custom content list. Does anyone know why and help me get these mods working?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 3:52 PM
Only Script Mods appear on the pop-up list that shows up when the game loads. Tuning Mods and package based CC items do not appear on that list, that doesn't mean they aren't working.