Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 4:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
How I fixed the "Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)" problem.
If this is against rules, then please take it down.

What I read up online after getting this issue was not helping in the slightest, I understand registry stuff and cache stuff and it didn't work. Head was on the keyboard contemplating over a hundred dollars in sims3 expansions.

All of this happened right after I updated after install. I reinstalled and noticed something; that being the update was putting the new packages and updated stuff in the C:/ Drive, instead of my D:/ drive where it should be. Where I installed The Sims.

So I found the updated files in my C:/ drive (Programs(86)/Electronic Arts/Sims3) and moved it to my Sims 3 Destination/Bin folder in my D:/ drive.

And All was better.

Deepest apologies to those who already knew this, but I was proud and goldangit, it worked for me, maybe it will help someone in the future. SOLVED.