Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 2:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Overrides for Store Content
Basically I reinstalled TS3, and put pack in store content. Now there are two overrides that I use on a set that I love that basically de-blings them (I don't know why Eaxis feels the need to put unnecessary gems and sparkles all over the place). But I can’t get the overrides to work. My other overrides seem fine in gameplay, but not these ones.

The coding in resource.cfg is correct and copied direct from MTS. I have overrides spelled correctly. I don’t know if it’s because I have the store content merged and installed in package form?

Any help would be appreciated!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 7:00 AM
Did you save the sims3packs when you changed them into package format? If you did you can try reinstalling them.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 10:35 AM
How did you extract the package files from the sims3pack? Did you use s3rc or decrapify? If you used decrapify then your Store stuff has different IDs from the original sim3pack, and if your override is intended for the original then it won't work for decrapified stuff. You'd either have to decrapify the override, too, or extract your Store items again, using s3rc, and re-merge them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 1:51 PM Last edited by Ekimsal : 20th Aug 2016 at 11:10 PM.
I'll try de-crapifying when I get home today and update if it worked or not. I didn't install the content through sims3packs, it had already been merged changed to package when I got it, so most likely someone had already decrapped it.
edit: I just realized that the overrides are already in package form as well. Can packages even be decrapped?

edit: Nope. Decrapped the overrides and it still doesn't work. I tried opening the file with SimPE but it's write protected so I can't unmerge the content. I think I may need to delete the items and install them through simpack method.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 2:40 PM
If you fail to open the files with SimPE,they are not decrapped.Decrapped files would open without problem.If you prefer your content as merged packages,you could decrappify your sims3 Packs,or just compress them, then using the sims3 Pack multi Installer convert them in package files,which you can merge with simsPE.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 6:16 PM
Erm, this is only partly correct. Both s3rc.exe and decrapify.exe break the encryption of Store items, so there is no real way to tell whether a downloaded .package has been decrapified or not, as in both cases S3PE would open them without any problems.

But as OP seems to have downloaded a pre-merged package of Store set, my assumption is that we are not allowed to discuss this any further anyway.
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Erm, this is only partly correct. Both s3rc.exe and decrapify.exe break the encryption of Store items, so there is no real way to tell whether a downloaded .package has been decrapified or not, as in both cases S3PE would open them without any problems.

But as OP seems to have downloaded a pre-merged package of Store set, my assumption is that we are not allowed to discuss this any further anyway.

I thought in her case neither,nor.Cause OP mentioned that she/he couldn't open the files,that made me think that the encryption isn't broken,and the files are legal.