Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 4:25 PM Last edited by gh0stic : 20th Jan 2015 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default error: tree not found with ANY object, not just CC.
ok. so im playing ultimate collection thanks to origin.
i do have CC and mods/hacks.

i got the house i want to play in all nice and furnished. no problems yet!

my 2 human sims [non-pet] are erroring out left and right. the popping and resetting bit. shit about “Tree not found. Probably a reset() problem”. i went into my log files while the game was in windowed mode and every time either sim had that error i deleted the corresponding object from the lot that i could find. weird bit is it even happens to maxis/ea objects! its not even always CC! naturally, i ran the game w/o CC entirely and it was still happening.

alright without losing my cool i then repaired the game via origin, ran it and played a family from the bin on a downtown lot that i hadnt touched yet. let it run for 2hrs sim time on speed 3 - it was fine. no errors on anything at all. i thought it was fixed; so i went back to the lot im originally trying to play on and moved out the sims and moved them back (the lot is now entirely empty). ill have to completely refurnish but im afraid because if im getting this error even on maxis objects [sundial wall deco, stuffed freezer bunny, a base game painting for crying out loud], how the hell am i supposed to play with them resetting all the time?! at this rate they wont be able to have anything in the house if it all just keeps erroring out! i looked up maybe a UC patch but have found nothing.

the house was built by plasticbox using lotadjuster. idk if that helps, probably not but it doesnt seem to have any route failures unfurnished. ive used lotadjuster since it was released so im positive the lot itself is just fine.

whats next, theyre going to start erroring out the paint and floors too? just want to play my dang game, i am no stranger to how wonky the sims games are but ive always struggled the most with sims 2.

so MTS folks, how do i rectify this? its driving me bonkers!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 4:48 PM
Its sounds like a bad cache file so delete them and see what happens "without CC".

It also sounds like you have gotten badly made CC and having conflicts with them.

ADD: Lot Adjuster has nothing to do with this.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 5:06 PM
mk, yea i didnt think lotadjuster had any issues but hey, its sims 2 - you never know!

anyways; i will check out the lousy cache files [i cant believe i didnt think of that last night at bloody 3a!] and run w/o CC again. i dont mind sifting, ive got it all sorted and organized. im sure its some deco after all.
im just super puzzled as to why it would affect maxis made objects. like what?

i will post my response here afterwards with my results. FINGERS CROSSED!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 8:14 PM
nope. its still occurring.
i deleted the cache files + ran w/o my downloads folder entirely.

stumped.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 11:16 PM
Shoot forgot to mention it was a converted s3 object, a fondue/chocolate fountain. I removed the sucker and its all good now.

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay