Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 2:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife
Default HELP!!!! My custom content connecting stairs won't show up.
Sorry For My English :d

I Have Downloaded Some Connecting Stairs But None Of Them Showed Up On The Build Mode. I Have Downloaded A Lot That Has Many Connecting Stairs In It , It Showed Up In The Lot But I Cant Find It In The Build Mode. I Used Eye Dropper Tool To The Connecting Stairs But It Selects The Wooden Stairs I Tried It Over And Over Again But It Always Selects Wooden Stairs.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 2:42 AM
Do you have a link to the stairs you downloaded? Many of them need to be installed a special way, but we won't know if these stairs need to be installed that special way until we see what they are.

PS: English is not your first language, so here's a tip: you only need to put a capital letter in the first word of a sentence. It's hard to read when they all start with capital letters.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Inventor
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 4:42 PM
If you downloaded a modular stairs file, you also need to alter your modular stairs text file from your base game folder before those stairs show up in your game.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 7:04 PM
Not if you use the Scriptorium, which is a hell of a lot easier.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Not if you use the Scriptorium, which is a hell of a lot easier.

Never understood the explanation for that one. It didn't sound like a hell of a lot easier to me than the method I mentioned. Don't know why
So I prefer putting the code into the text file. Saves a Scriptorium download.
As long as you know where to put the code, it is really easy.
Since I have double deluxe, my path was a bit different than what was mentioned. It took a bit before I realised that. But after that: piece of cake.
Oh, and make sure you have all the rights to save the file after editting. Somehow I didn't have it after I reïnstalled Windows 7 and couldn't save in that file.
Lightbulb came on and I changed the settings and could save after and put back in all my modular stairs again.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 3:17 AM
There are a couple of us who haven't been able to make the kinds of cc the scriptorum is used for work with the UC. Some quirk . . . probably a stray quark in the electrons or something. https://www.modthesims.info/show...ght=scriptorium

There's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't work.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 1:21 PM
I'm still a little sceptical, since I recently spent a few weeks being utterly baffled by that problem before realising that it was entirely my fault (I'd reinstalled the game and then improperly reinstalled Scriptorium, so the shortcuts in my Downloads folder were pointing to completely the wrong place) .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 9:35 PM
Well, I got around to learning how to manually install them, and that worked, I now have my stairs and fireplaces. Easy enough to do. I posted my scriptorium file path in the other thread and it seemed to be all in order, so . . . eh, do I feel like blaming Microsoft or EA? Equally satisfying and non-effective.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 6:06 AM
I have tried all the ways and still no stairs in the build catalogue. However, I have no problem with the lots I downloaded featuring the stairs that need the scriptorium install. I prefer Marvin's stairs anyway, so it's actually fine