Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 10:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Floortile is stuck, how do I erase it?
I'm rebuilding a house, and one of the floortiles seems to be stuck no matter what I do. it's on the top floor and none of the deleting methods work. I thought it shouldn't be too big a problem so I just started building the house underneath the floortile. But now I want to place the roof and it gives me an error saying two objects cannot overlap. Meaning the rooftop cannot be placed over this floortile. I would really like to erase this thing, I can't place my roof now and the first floor of my house is now getting covered in snow, my poor sim-kids wet and cold in their beds

See the blue floor tile:
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 10:14 PM
The sledgehammer tool doesn't shift it? That usually shifts everything. You could try putting a whole floor over it and then erasing the floor (that is to say place flooring on that level but make it bigger than the tile you are trying to remove and the Ctrl-Shift-Delete and remove the lot in one go).

Having said that, I usually put flooring just under the roof anyway because I like the upper rooms to have a ceiling. Which, actually, makes me think you might have a different problem there since you can place roofs over floor tiles. Try the Stuck Object Remover.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 10:18 PM
The sledgehammer doesn't work, I've also tried covering the whole floor and then erasing it all. Didn't work either. I also can't figure out why it's all of a sudden impossible to build a roof over a floor...

I will look into the stuck object remover, thanks!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 10:31 PM
It's here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=1609.0
I am getting too lazy to look for links these days. Just put it on the offending tile and put the game into live mode. It will delete EVERYTHING on the tile, including sims and other objects (so watch out if you use it anywhere else).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 4:44 PM
Yay it worked, thank you!!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 5:43 PM
Did you notice what it said it deleted? Just curious.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 2:15 PM
Nope, it said 1 object deleted. But I couldn't see what it was..